7 70.00%
  • NO!

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Microsoft Ruins One-of-a-Kind 360

Microsoft's repair service inadvertently ruined a one-of-a-kind 360 in the process of fixing it after it was afflicted with the infamous Red Ring of Death.

A 360 owner by the name of Nathaniel took his console with him to a number of gaming events and managed to amass an impressive array of signatures on the case, including several members of the Xbox 360 team, Bungie, and Rooster Teeth Productions (the folks behind behind the Halo-themed machinima Red vs. Blue.) Rooster Teeth Comics artist Luke McKay even drew a cartoon of Master Chief on one side.

Valuable? Certainly. Unique? No question. Doomed? Unfortunately.

360customback When Nathaniel's 360 kacked out, he knew he'd have to send it off to Microsoft for repairs, and was naturally concerned that he might not get the same console back. He included a letter in the package explaining the uniqueness of his console, and why he wanted that exact one back, instead of a replacement unit.

He also politely requested that the techs handling the console take care not to smudge the artwork or the signatures, since they were only put on with Sharpie.

Well, the case wasn't smudged, it was wiped clean. Nathaniel got back his exact console, but apparently someone thought all those names and cartoons ruined the 360's aesthetic and gave it a good wipedown before shipping it back.

Even if the person repairing the unit confused the signatures and one-of-a-kind artwork with random scribbles, why would they feel the need to wipe the case clean? Whatever the markings were, the owner clearly wanted them there, so I'm baffled to understand why anyone at Microsoft thought it was necessary to remove them.[IMG]https://i177.photobucke*****m/albums/w206/moe2bob/360custom_2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]https://i177.photobucke*****m/albums/w206/moe2bob/360customback.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Because the console wasn't made to be drawn on. Thus it could have caused some issues. Or threats towards Microsoft. EX: The Xbox heats up and the marking on it burn, give of a chemical reaction?

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Threadstarter
    You call "THiS" Fat BITCH
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    i messed up on what i sead.....yeah it sucks for him it didnt caues a thret becuz the makers signed it so im shur its harmless and thare are skins to cover the xbox 360 so it wont heat up ITS JUST PEN AND YEAH IT DOSE SUCK!
    Last edited by M2A; 03-03-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by master2all View Post
    i messed up on what i sead.....yeah it sucks for him it didnt caues a thret becuz the makers signed it so im shur its harmless and thare are skins to cover the xbox 360 so it wont heat up ITS JUST PEN AND YEAH IT DOSE SUCK!
    Everything you've said in this post is completely 100% wrong.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543 View Post
    Everything you've said in this post is completely 100% wrong.
    what u mean?......look it up on google then!

Thanks
    hes an idiot for sending it into micro$oft. i realize ur supposed to but you can also take it into best buy or circuit city and theyll take care of it...and they pay attention to requests. you send anything into micro$oft and its all done by the books, they dont give a shit about special treatment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    nice job at posting old shit
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by master2all View Post
    what u mean?......look it up on google then!
    No. How about you use common sense? Xbox360 shells do heat up, and the ink, technically, could cause a problem. The makers don't give a shit whether it's a hazard or not, they're just doing it for PR. Sharpie ink doesn't absorb into plastic, so it was just sitting there at the top, hence, easily a potential hazard.

Thanks
    you dont continue playing on a signed 360 anyway, wtf was he thinking? it shouldve been in a glass case on a shelf!

Thanks
    No. How about you use common sense? Xbox360 shells do heat up, and the ink, technically, could cause a problem. The makers don't give a shit whether it's a hazard or not, they're just doing it for PR. Sharpie ink doesn't absorb into plastic, so it was just sitting there at the top, hence, easily a potential hazard.
    You never use your xbox, how would you know? I leave my xbox on for 14 hours at a time and it doesn't overheat. That's what an intercooler is for. If I were the kid who owned that 360 I would have called microsoft and ripped someone's face off for ruining my xbox. I feel bad for the kid that owned the xbox, imagine what that could have been worth some day.

Thanks
    Whenever I play my xbox it overheats like a motherfucker. It's going to get the ring of death eventually.

Thanks
    Whenever I play my xbox it overheats like a motherfucker. It's going to get the ring of death eventually.
    intercoolers are ftw, I get cold air coming out the back of my 360. The 360 has 2 fans in it initially, the intercooler adds another 3.

Thanks
    I don't care enough to buy one.

Threadstarter
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Raster Burn View Post
    you dont continue playing on a signed 360 anyway, wtf was he thinking? it shouldve been in a glass case on a shelf!
    true that thares a point right thare if i had a 360 like i would but it in a glass case that know one can get to bullit proff fire prioff and like in a safe just sayen

Thanks
    uhmmmm im really ripped right now so i cant tell if ur being sarcastic.

in any case, thats exactly how id do it ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast