Thanks

PC Community Update

PC Community Update (11/11/10)

UPDATING STATUS

LIVE FIXES
    11/10
    -GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
    -GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.

11/11
    -Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
    -Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
    -Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.

~IN PROGRESS
    -GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
    -Incomplete server browser results.
    -Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
    Zombies "The game session is no longer available" error.

(i believe this should be sticked as less threads will be made about updates/flaming/etc, and I/we can update this regulary, IF NO, understand 100% /me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Very useful especially if it keeps getting added to
    /request sticky
    --
    "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Spiritwo |

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Updates for 11/13/2010

The browser is currently not showing all results again. The party that deals with the browser (daemonware) is aware of the issue and is currently working on it.

On our end, we are taking a close look at certain servers in locations that has a 100% working network, but showing ping variance.

Traceroutes that have been provided for each of the locations have been submitted into the networking teams at each of the locations to check on possible issues with their routing.

Overall, we have been pushing over 11,000 servers servicing a peak of 105,000 players!

While there are some problem servers, we are determined to get to the root cause of each and every issue that arises.

If you have noticed, some of the locations are now on a waitlist which will have the actual ETA on new servers. Our provisioning department is working as quickly as they can to add additional servers to each of the locations along with additional network gear.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Nice thnx for the info.
    I Am on this site for the mods for mw2 ONLY. Not hacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    11/16/2010

Updates for 11/16/2010

Server side security patch is being pushed out to all servers. Keep in mind, servers will be restarted during this process in order to activate the patch.

11/15/2010

Updates for 11/15/2010

As of 3:30PM EST - ban.txt is now activated again. reservedslots.txt to come shortly

Latest status as of 4:21 PM EST

Browser list - daemonware is still working on a permanent fix to the limited browser listings. This is still work in progress on their side. We know this is a very hot topic and they are very well aware of the urgency of this issue.

Frankfurt network issues - we have seen a part of our network segment out in Frankfurt that is receiving network errors. To correct this, we have a network team on site today to correct the issue

Reservedslot.txt and Ban.txt - Access to these configuration files has been restored.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LTDDevil View Post
    11/16/2010

Updates for 11/16/2010

Server side security patch is being pushed out to all servers. Keep in mind, servers will be restarted during this process in order to activate the patch.

11/15/2010

Updates for 11/15/2010

As of 3:30PM EST - ban.txt is now activated again. reservedslots.txt to come shortly

Latest status as of 4:21 PM EST

Browser list - daemonware is still working on a permanent fix to the limited browser listings. This is still work in progress on their side. We know this is a very hot topic and they are very well aware of the urgency of this issue.

Frankfurt network issues - we have seen a part of our network segment out in Frankfurt that is receiving network errors. To correct this, we have a network team on site today to correct the issue

Reservedslot.txt and Ban.txt - Access to these configuration files has been restored.
    thanks for the update, i shall get a minion to add this to my main. =)