Thanks

Does American Shit Stink?

As I have read through the posts and replies in this section I have to ask the above question. It appears that many of my countrymen seem to think it doesn't. My guess is that those that really think it doesn't are mainly jarheads, rednecks, and pampered children.

Why is it that so many Americans think that to be patriotic we must be in lock step with the powers that be? The freedom to have different opinions is one thing that sets us apart from the worst countries of the world. But now we find that the free thinkers of the USA are under attack by the media and the mindless drones of this country.

It makes me ashamed to be an American when I see ignorant people throw around the standard BS. If you don't agree with our president you are unpatriotic and if we are against the war we don't support our troops. The fact is that to question our leader and to keep them in check is how we as average citizens can show and exercise our love for our country and what it stands for. What supports our troops more? Sending them to their deaths for a lost and pointless cause or bringing them home and providing them with the basic medical and social benefits we have denied them recently. Hell the prisoners at Gitmo are treated better than our vets right now.

But to be an "American" many think I should hate and destroy because of a lie forced down our throats. I say that to be a GOOD American we should question our leader when they hide things from us and remove them when they lie, cheat, and murder in our name. This country is founded on the ideal that ALL men are created equal. There is nothing that includes the line "unless they have brown skin or something we want".

So before you take the next step in your little brain and flame the hell out of me think. Think about how hateful you are about to be. Are you a Nazi or an American? Do you welcome and enjoy the free speech you are given or do you just hate what isnt like you? Do you follow a false leader (and he is) or do you follow the basic ideals our founding fathers built this great land on?

I encourage you all to read and research BOTH sides of the argument before you jump on any bandwagon. And be sure to do it with an open and enlightened mind, not just a narrow one.
    Last edited by wrenbb; 08-27-2008 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I don't get what you are getting at... Are we against the war? Yeah, most of us are.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    Just making a statement for those that have flamed me on this topic. Thats all. Kind of a soapbox moment. sorry.

Thanks

Question

continuem postando, nao parem... em breve chegaremos la.