A friend of mine converted from Islam to Christianity

/discuss
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ logically, christianity makes more sense to me than Islam.

Christianity also is represented a lot better, so the advantages of being christian far outway the muslim ones.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    One of the reasons she converted is that she can speak about the flaws of her religion ,how to fix them,still follow it, without having people going after her just for saying that somethings aren't right.
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    christianity has somewhat adapted to modern culture.

Islam is still way behind though, its harder for younger generations to get the belief structure of Islam because its still a couple hundred years behind the times.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You know..I was going to come on here and speak my piece about all this,
    but I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.

I realized that Humility is admitting that you can learn from mistakes you've made in the past, things you've done or said that were just wrong, or have hurt someone.
    All these debates with Visible have been very counter productive..instead of arguing my views of Christianity with him, I could be learning more, reading more scripture, and building my relationship with God. These debates have been a waste of time..nothing I say will sway his outlook, and nothing he says will change mine.

Anyway..I guess this is my official farewell to the Islam Vs. Western World section.
    I no longer have the need to defend my beliefs, I just have to have faith that everything I believe is true through the Lord's teaching, and will come to fruition.
    By condemning Visible's beliefs I'm just doing exactly what Christ warned us not to do,
    and to be honest it's hard enough to walk the straight path and dodge subtle sin, never mind doing things over and over that you know for a fact are wrong.

Visible, take care man.
    I'd say it was fun..but it really wasn't..
    May God guide you wherever he wills.

Casarvir and Empire I'll pm you guys my msn if you ever want to chat.

God bless and have a great Holiday.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You know..I was going to come on here and speak my piece about all this,
    but I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.

I realized that Humility is admitting that you can learn from mistakes you've made in the past, things you've done or said that were just wrong, or have hurt someone.
    All these debates with Visible have been very counter productive..instead of arguing my views of Christianity with him, I could be learning more, reading more scripture, and building my relationship with God. These debates have been a waste of time..nothing I say will sway his outlook, and nothing he says will change mine.

Anyway..I guess this is my official farewell to the Islam Vs. Western World section.
    I no longer have the need to defend my beliefs, I just have to have faith that everything I believe is true through the Lord's teaching, and will come to fruition.
    By condemning Visible's beliefs I'm just doing exactly what Christ warned us not to do,
    and to be honest it's hard enough to walk the straight path and dodge subtle sin, never mind doing things over and over that you know for a fact are wrong.

Visible, take care man.
    I'd say it was fun..but it really wasn't..
    May God guide you wherever he wills.

Casarvir and Empire I'll pm you guys my msn if you ever want to chat.

God bless and have a great Holiday.
    Well enjoy your time not in this section

On topic: i always find it hard to believe that someone can "fully" convert into another religion. I would somewhat think that your previous religion would come into your find semi frequentally like in this case when you attend church. Well hopefully she sees the light of God in all her life.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Cya eth, you put too much effort into responses though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    A friend of mine converted from Islam to Christianity

/discuss
    Why people convert?

-Find a better understanding
    -Can't handle the rules
    -Too much discrimination

[more]

If this was "find a better understanding" then she is just trieng to fit in to the crowd.

Tell me which flaws she speaks off and i can answer them, there is no flaw in Islam, this is why i think she has no knowledge, she doesn't try to answer it or learn about it, she just gains doubt, doubt is a powerful tool of satan.

please Cat, list me the flaw as i would answer them with qoutes.

---

Christianity i agree has adapted to modern society, and this is why people are loosing faith.

"Drinking"..now many christians get drunk thinking "jesus drank wine" when actualy your not meant to get drunk...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    "Drinking"..now many christians get drunk thinking "jesus drank wine" when actualy your not meant to get drunk...
    Where do you come up with this stuff? "jesus drank wine" lulz, right, because sooooo many people get drunk off of wine nowadays.(lol)

Islam flaw #1: Unequal treatment of women
    Islam flaw #2: High possibility that Muhammed made it up.
    Islam flaw #3: No entertainment industry
    Islam flaw #4: Muhammed was not a good role model
    Islam flaw #5: Most Islamic laws are idiotic like punishing the victim.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    What were her reasons?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Where do you come up with this stuff? "jesus drank wine" lulz, right, because sooooo many people get drunk off of wine nowadays.(lol)

Islam flaw #1: Unequal treatment of women
    Islam flaw #2: High possibility that Muhammed made it up.
    Islam flaw #3: No entertainment industry
    Islam flaw #4: Muhammed was not a good role model
    Islam flaw #5: Most Islamic laws are idiotic like punishing the victim.

[1]
    [Quran 3:195]
    "Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you MALE OR FEMALE, YOU ARE EQUAL TO ONE ANOTHER"

[Quran 4:124]
    "As for those who lead a righteous life, MALE OR FEMALE. while believing, t hey enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice"

[Quran 40:40]
    "Whoever commits a sin is requited for just that, and whoever works righteousness - MALE OR FEMALE - while believing, these will enter Paradise wherein they receive provisions without any limits."

[Quran 4:34]
    The men are made responsible for the women, and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against (Limitation is put, do not mark) them. GOD is Most High, Supreme.

[2] Moses had God speak to him through a burning bush, and now god sends a messenger "ITS FALSE ! ITS FALSE!", Look at Islam, spread around the world in such a quick time, If islam wasn't truth, why would god let this happen?

[3]

[Lol why does this matter with religion?] our entertainment is the Quran. read and remember.

[4]

Prophet Muhammad preached that there is only one God

He taught the people to change from worshiping idols to one God.
    He taught them to respect their parents and elders.
    He taught about equal rights and respect for women.
    He taught that the rich and poor are alike in the sight of God and that their good deeds will help them meet God in heaven.
    He taught them to live honestly and that working hard to earn a living is also considered worship of God.
    God is called "Allah" in Arabic and he taught people to remember God at all times.
    He taught tolerance.

[5]

“Verily, the rule belongs to none but Allah.” [Surah Yoosuf: 40]

No man, or women is aloud to make rules, because there not yours but Allahs to judge, you kill because he has killed, makes you worse than him, because it makes you a murderer and rips yours faith in half.

Leave the murder and the rapist be, as he will face allah in the day of ressurection.

(?LAST AND FOR ALL? - Answer to the girl who needs answers.)

The prophet Mohammed PBUH said: "The only way to learn is to question".

This girls sounds like she didn't question.
    ---
    Hope i answered all your simple questions

May allah guide you.
    Last edited by Visiblegaming; 11-28-2010 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    He taught the people to change from worshiping idols to one God.
    He taught them to respect their parents and elders.
    He taught about equal rights and respect for women.
    He taught that the rich and poor are alike in the sight of God and that their good deeds will help them meet God in heaven.
    He taught them to live honestly and that working hard to earn a living is also considered worship of God.
    God is called "Allah" in Arabic and he taught people to remember God at all times.
    He taught tolerance.
    That's all correct,and no educated Christian denies it.Muhammed civilized a bit the Arabs,they were worse than Romans during the Roman Empire at the 7th century :P
    but,jesus did the good stuff in these and much more 6-7centuries before him.
    Oh,and let's not forget,he made an army to besiege your holy city(medina or mecca,sorry don't remember )
    Jesus never killed or put someone to be killed or told anyone to kill anyone else. (=) Christianity wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    That's all correct,and no educated Christian denies it.Muhammed civilized a bit the Arabs,they were worse than Romans during the Roman Empire at the 7th century :P
    but,jesus did the good stuff in these and much more 6-7centuries before him.
    Oh,and let's not forget,he made an army to besiege your holy city(medina or mecca,sorry don't remember )
    Jesus never killed or put someone to be killed or told anyone to kill anyone else. (=) Christianity wins.
    We are all people of the books, and men of God, the 3 majour religions.

Christian.
    Muslim.
    Judaism.

Why these 3? all 3 that worship 1 God? God knows best.

Prophets do different things, there all Humans, all with different actions and purposes. you can't compare Jesus with mohammed, moses with Jesus, abraham with moses. why? all different prophets sent down for different purposes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    We are all people of the books, and men of God, the 3 majour religions.

Christian.
    Muslim.
    Judaism.

Why these 3? all 3 that worship 1 God? God knows best.

Prophets do different things, there all Humans, all with different actions and purposes. you can't compare Jesus with mohammed, moses with Jesus, abraham with moses. why? all different prophets sent down for different purposes.
    I love how you put Judaism below Islam

Also you're saying because she prefers Christianity she can't handle Islam? Troll harder please.
    Last edited by CaT-; 11-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SCIENTOLOGY

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast