Thread: Wikileaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Wikileaks

soooooo........the dude that made wikileaks is now behind bars . he got charged for a sex offender in sweeden or britain....maybe both? sad thing is they still have nothing on him for releasing anything ... i asked one of my teachers if you could be charged for war crimes...he said not yet. but he prolly will get charged for it sometime

/discuss
    Still love you Giggletron

Thanks

read this, it's very interesting and easy words to understand..

WikiLeaks has been under intense pressure from the United States and its allies since it began posting the first of more than 250,000 U.S. State Department documents November 28.

Since then, the site has been hit with denial-of-service attacks, been kicked off servers in the United States and France, and found itself cut off from funds in the United States and Switzerland.

In response, the site has rallied supporters to mirror its content "in order to make it impossible to ever fully remove WikiLeaks from the internet," with more than 500 sites responding to the appeal by Monday evening, it said.

WikiLeaks has also posted a massive, closely encrypted file, identified as "insurance" -- a file Assange's lawyer has described as a "thermonuclear device." Assange has said the more than 100,000 people who have downloaded the file will receive the key to decoding it should anything happen to him or should the site be taken down.

"The insurance file will only be activated in the gravest of circumstances if WikiLeaks is no longer operational," Hrafnson said.

Ira Winkler, a former National Security Agency analyst, said the file is nearly impossible to decode without the key.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said he has authorized "significant" actions related to a criminal investigation of WikiLeaks, saying U.S. national security has been put at risk.

"We are doing everything that we can," Holder said Monday, though he declined to answer questions about the possibility that the U.S. government could shut down WikiLeaks.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague said the leaked information is also a danger to British national security, calling the leaks "reprehensible" and "irresponsible."

"Governments have to be able to transmit confidential information, to share confidential information, of course, for them to be able to go about their job," Hague told CNN affiliate ITN. "We think it can be a danger to our national security."

Holder also refused to say whether the actions involved search warrants or requests under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which authorizes wiretaps or other means, describing them only as "significant."

Asked Tuesday in Afghanistan for his response to the arrest, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said, "I haven't heard that, but it sounds like good news to me."

Source: CNN
    Last edited by Ian; 12-07-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    He did nothng Illegal as long as he himself didnt obtain those documents illegally.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'm glad someone is finally sticking up against government. But the sad thing is government's are trying to shut him down with fear tactics. He is facing two problems right now though:

1.)Financial problems, since he run completely on donations, and credit card companies are slowly not allowing people to donate using their visa/mastercard i think it is.

2.)Threatening of censorship of the government. From all government's and countries that is. SInce his soon to be released insurance, encrypted files are basically going to give names of informants among other things, we are forced to do Nothing. But then again i'm proud of one man standing up for what's right.

EDIT: By the way, the encrypted file is 256 characters long, and only Julian knows the code.
    Last edited by lockdown6435; 12-07-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added info :D
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    wikileaks is a proof then US goverment is fucking every nations he deals with

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    wikileaks is a proof then US goverment is fucking every nations he deals with
    I dont understand? what you mean by that!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    I'm glad someone is finally sticking up against government. But the sad thing is government's are trying to shut him down with fear tactics. He is facing two problems right now though:

1.)Financial problems, since he run completely on donations, and credit card companies are slowly not allowing people to donate using their visa/mastercard i think it is.

EDIT: By the way, the encrypted file is 256 characters long, and only Julian knows the code.
    The Mastercard and Visa card not being able to be donated should not be aloud, People should spend money on what they want.

And sound's like someone needs too be Waterboarded.

And it means our Goverment is handling this the wrong way. ( Hope I'm not Wrong?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexic View Post
    as I said all ideots that have no idea how to treat a human.. should pown all yall faces in and mpGAYh does not desurve correct spelling since it it actually worse than my spelling so shuve it up your asses dick wads!

*.net new public release VIP FEATURES GO oh wait no don't cus ima IP ban yall from it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    hes australian

his hosting server is somewere in northern europe.

he released shit about americans and other countries.

its all international.

anything other than war crimes, are fake charges.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    BLAME THE US GOVERMENT FOR EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAPPENS!!!!

>.>
    And I read somewhere in Ian's post about them having a fucking thermonuclear bomb? And they will set it off if wikileaks gets shut down? Quite frankly, that sounds as bad as some of the stuff the goverment does.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Fuck the united states of america.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I dont understand? what you mean by that!
    that were bitches to all other countries? but he should be tried for war crimes soon...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post

that were bitches to all other countries? but he should be tried for war crimes soon...
    He's proving that the american government are a bunch of fucking lying piece of shits.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

He's proving that the american government are a bunch of fucking lying piece of shits.
    I think it's time to move too Canada. At least they won't get nuked "Eh".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexic View Post
    as I said all ideots that have no idea how to treat a human.. should pown all yall faces in and mpGAYh does not desurve correct spelling since it it actually worse than my spelling so shuve it up your asses dick wads!

*.net new public release VIP FEATURES GO oh wait no don't cus ima IP ban yall from it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

its not just us hes talking about...were the main shit but he has stuff on all the countries.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Haha, that sucks for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast