Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

/SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
    Naw, im kidding alwais wanted to do that ;D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by iRateIslam View Post
    spam spam spam spam spam ;D
    Welcome to the hypocrites' club. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    i'm pretty sure irateislam is just a troll

cuz if he really knew that much about his religion then he'd realize it fallacies and denounce it instantly
    but you never know
    he could just be really really ignorant and uses Google like a sidewalk
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe

GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post
    i'm pretty sure irateislam is just a troll

cuz if he really knew that much about his religion then he'd realize it fallacies and denounce it instantly
    but you never know
    he could just be really really ignorant and uses Google like a sidewalk
    People can know a lot about religion and still embrace it, you know?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    People can know a lot about religion and still embrace it, you know?
    i've yet to meet 1 person irl that knew about what they worshipped (that wasn't a minister or a preacher or w/e) and embraced it fully
    anyone who's religious in anyway will admit their religion isn't perfect
    and as far as im concerned im not gonna play for a team that doesn't got its facts straight

take the bible for example
    are you aware that in the first book (Genesis) that it talks about the "right way" and the "wrong way" to trade slaves
    yet it is supposed to be a book about love n acceptance of all mankind ¿?

i'm sure the qua-ran has its hypocritical points too

nothin is perfect in this world so people should stop making idols or gods or w/e you wanna label things as outta simple fuckin people things and events

its like saying that dairy queen is divine cuz their ice cream is fuckin amazing and its low fat too
    but noone knows how its exactly made except the people working there

i'm sure if the people who inspired todays major religions were born in the 20th or 21st century they would've been jokes or worse

things were different back then and people needed religion to explain things to their kids
    now we have science
    which may not explain everything but at least its a logical way of looking at things
    the 21st century needs to be humanities step to logical thinking instead of blind faith
    because at the rate we're going theres not gonna be anyone left for the "gods" of yesterday to look over
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe

GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post
    i've yet to meet 1 person irl that knew about what they worshipped (that wasn't a minister or a preacher or w/e) and embraced it fully
    anyone who's religious in anyway will admit their religion isn't perfect
    and as far as im concerned im not gonna play for a team that doesn't got its facts straight

take the bible for example
    are you aware that in the first book (Genesis) that it talks about the "right way" and the "wrong way" to trade slaves
    yet it is supposed to be a book about love n acceptance of all mankind ¿?

i'm sure the qua-ran has its hypocritical points too

nothin is perfect in this world so people should stop making idols or gods or w/e you wanna label things as outta simple fuckin people things and events

its like saying that dairy queen is divine cuz their ice cream is fuckin amazing and its low fat too
    but noone knows how its exactly made except the people working there

i'm sure if the people who inspired todays major religions were born in the 20th or 21st century they would've been jokes or worse

things were different back then and people needed religion to explain things to their kids
    now we have science
    which may not explain everything but at least its a logical way of looking at things
    the 21st century needs to be humanities step to logical thinking instead of blind faith
    because at the rate we're going theres not gonna be anyone left for the "gods" of yesterday to look over
    I'm an atheist, ofc I know that religions have their flaws. But I'm saying that there still exist many people who blindly follow religion even though they are presented with all the flaws because it's just part of their culture and upbringing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I'm an atheist, ofc I know that religions have their flaws. But I'm saying that there still exist many people who blindly follow religion even though they are presented with all the flaws because it's just part of their culture and upbringing.
    Being presented the flaws and being convinced by them are two different things. You'd be surprised the power that cognitive bias has on anyone's thinking. Why use logic when confirmation bias makes you feel right? Why criticize yourself when the cognitive blind spot reassures you that you're right?

At the end of the day when you're arguing with theists it's not a matter of presenting them with reasons that their religion is fallacious, they have had a few thousand years to come up with plenty of excuses to reassure themselves. You can try reasoning someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into but it's an uphill battle. Usually when I get in formal debates with an individual I will try to reason with them but after a while if I see that they have no intention of critically analyzing their position then I understand that this conversation is no longer for them, it's for the quasi-religious people that really don't bother debating, if I have a valid point or two the some-what religious people can gain a new understanding and maybe that may one day leads into a moment where one sits down and thinks about their own thinking. Where one thinks about not only what he believes, but why he believes it and whether those reasons are truly sound.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Being presented the flaws and being convinced by them are two different things. You'd be surprised the power that cognitive bias has on anyone's thinking. Why use logic when confirmation bias makes you feel right? Why criticize yourself when the cognitive blind spot reassures you that you're right?

At the end of the day when you're arguing with theists it's not a matter of presenting them with reasons that their religion is fallacious, they have had a few thousand years to come up with plenty of excuses to reassure themselves. You can try reasoning someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into but it's an uphill battle. Usually when I get in formal debates with an individual I will try to reason with them but after a while if I see that they have no intention of critically analyzing their position then I understand that this conversation is no longer for them, it's for the quasi-religious people that really don't bother debating, if I have a valid point or two the some-what religious people can gain a new understanding and maybe that may one day leads into a moment where one sits down and thinks about their own thinking. Where one thinks about not only what he believes, but why he believes it and whether those reasons are truly sound.
    If someone with faith in a divine creator let's this system of beliefs hinder their social life, to the point where they feel the need to force their beliefs onto people unwilling or uninterested in said beliefs, then essentially I agree with you, that there needs to be a point where this person sits down and re-evaluates their approach at life all together.

I also believe that there are plenty of faithful believers that take a more intimate approach with their beliefs , and really only talk about it with those willing to hear. Personally, I don't let my Faith interfere in my social life.This being said, I don't find anything wrong with being a believer.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-02-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    If someone with faith in a divine creator let's this system of beliefs hinder their social life, to the point where they feel the need to force their beliefs onto people unwilling or uninterested in said beliefs, then essentially I agree with you, that there needs to be a point where this person sits down and re-evaluates their approach at life all together.

I also believe that there are plenty of faithful believers that take a more intimate approach with their beliefs , and really only talk about it with those willing to hear. Personally, I don't let my Faith interfere in my social life.This being said, I don't find anything wrong with being a believer.
    QFT

At the end of the day I guess the lesson is don't be a prick regardless of whether or not you believe in deities.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    QFT

At the end of the day I guess the lesson is don't be a prick regardless of whether or not you believe in deities.
    Now if only people actually did that instead of launched terrorist attacks...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    You are brought up to just reject your creator. Its a part of the modern European culture now. Atheism has so many flaws. In fact, more flaws than any other religion, but still you say "Who is God !!?"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

You are brought up to just reject your creator. Its a part of the modern European culture now. Atheism has so many flaws. In fact, more flaws than any other religion, but still you say "Who is God !!?"
    Stop being a hypocrite! - You can't say Atheism has so many flaws when Islam..........

HOLY CRAP!

And even when it says unedited in the book, it's been edited. There are less flaws in Atheism. Atheism/being secular = proof. Islam = blind faith.

GTFO.

Also, TERRORIST ALERT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Mao View Post
    Stop being a hypocrite! - You can't say Atheism has so many flaws when Islam..........

HOLY CRAP!

And even when it says unedited in the book, it's been edited. There are less flaws in Atheism. Atheism/being secular = proof. Islam = blind faith.

GTFO.

Also, TERRORIST ALERT!

Proof that Qur'an is edited or GTFO ******.
    Atheism / being secular = bullshit.
    Islam != Blind faith !!

And ya, now I am a terrorist lol? Hmmm...more proof...!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Mao View Post

HOLY CRAP!

GTFO.

Also, TERRORIST ALERT!
    I bet that you have no proof that shows that the Quran has been edited. The first people who were killed and followed all over the world were Jews and now it's Muslims.

I like how you run on hate and nothing else, you just don't like Muslims which doesn't make much sense.

You would know that the Islam is not a blind faith if you have just done a simple research. You don't even know what a terrorist is, because if you knew, then you would know that any religion has nothing to do with terror.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lies' For This Useful Post:

Hassan (01-06-2011)

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast