Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

10 commandments....

Thought of this last night right around the time i was falling asleep.

If all major religions agree that God gave the 10 commandments, one of which is 'Thou shalt not kill"

So how do religious fanatics or religious people in general (not just radical Islamics, but Christians, Jews etc) justify the mass killing of people under the banner of "God".

I know that some people are bound to say, well the commandment in hebrew (לא תרצח) Can also be translated into "Thou shalt not MURDER" but then the same question applies, isn't killing innocent civilians murder? and if so, should those people not be condemned, not revered as martyrs etc?

Just wondering....

All in all i consider all religious conflict basically a fight for who has the best imaginary friend. But personal views aside, and following dogmatic logic, i came about this thought.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    anyone who kills in the name of any God should go to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Thought of this last night right around the time i was falling asleep.

If all major religions agree that God gave the 10 commandments, one of which is 'Thou shalt not kill"

So how do religious fanatics or religious people in general (not just radical Islamics, but Christians, Jews etc) justify the mass killing of people under the banner of "God".

I know that some people are bound to say, well the commandment in hebrew (לא תרצח) Can also be translated into "Thou shalt not MURDER" but then the same question applies, isn't killing innocent civilians murder? and if so, should those people not be condemned, not revered as martyrs etc?

Just wondering....

All in all i consider all religious conflict basically a fight for who has the best imaginary friend. But personal views aside, and following dogmatic logic, i came about this thought.

I agree i with u.

Jihad is tooken as an advantage by terrorists as a way to gain control.

Same thing is done by the crusade. and the Zionist.

All is for control.

BUT, the meaning of Jihad isn't fight in the name of God. but its depth is a paradox.

-Fight only when attacked
    Not just stand there and get killed.

BUT. Jihad is for when the RELIGIoN it self is under threat, not a group i.e a country.

Iran = Get attacked by America, Many shiekhs called Jihad. and the Muslim world laughed at the call. but still helped.

The word Jihad is one of the most powerful words in the world.

--

Crusade just wanted jerusalem, not because its were jesus [christian believe got killed]
    But because they felt threatened by Muslims and Jews in the holy land then killed them. then war started.

Christians vs Muslim, which was a Jihad. a holy war.

--

Zionism isn't orthodox jews. orthodox believe you can convert to judaism, zionist believe your born jewish. and none jews are "demons".

orthodox can be the nicest people :]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Well im not taking a side or asking who started first. But simple truth, call it for what it is, why call it a "jihad" or a "crusade" if its really just for defense/conquest. It is my honest belief that these terms were simply used to gather popular support for what otherwise would be a less motivational conflict, make a fight for your personal beliefs rather than what it truly is (land.money power) what have you, and gain popular support and backing... If religions actually followed what they preach, aka the 10 commandments there would be NO conflict. But even Moses did not follow them, so in truth its just a hypocritical law.

Also regarding Iran or w.e To my knowledge, Iran has received no military attacks by any democratic nation. They have only received UN sanctions due to their continuous research to create atomic weapons. So there is no affront to religion there.

The crusades, according to history, started because Islamic groups of bandits attacked Christian travelers to Jerusalem, and allegedly also tried to destroy Salomon's temple. Crusades was frankly a bunch of crap. Sure if people start attacking travelers thats one thing, but fighting just to fight, its outrageous. There's no proof that the Europeans wanted to "take over" Jerusalem, the official story is that they wished to seek safe routes for pilgrims to visit the site where Jesus lived.
    Last edited by Liz; 12-17-2010 at 09:49 AM.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I

Thanks
    Who cares about the hebrews...
    They obey chuck noris.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thaz For This Useful Post:

iliketurtles1 (12-20-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Its called radicalism

/close thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Like liz said, any religious action towards war is just hypocritical.

Can't really justify it when one of the ten is "do not kill".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2222 View Post
    Its called radicalism

/close thread
    what does an 18th century descriptive concept have to do with conflicts hundreds of years before that.

I

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Well im not taking a side or asking who started first. But simple truth, call it for what it is, why call it a "jihad" or a "crusade" if its really just for defense/conquest. It is my honest belief that these terms were simply used to gather popular support for what otherwise would be a less motivational conflict, make a fight for your personal beliefs rather than what it truly is (land.money power) what have you, and gain popular support and backing... If religions actually followed what they preach, aka the 10 commandments there would be NO conflict. But even Moses did not follow them, so in truth its just a hypocritical law.

Also regarding Iran or w.e To my knowledge, Iran has received no military attacks by any democratic nation. They have only received UN sanctions due to their continuous research to create atomic weapons. So there is no affront to religion there.

The crusades, according to history, started because Islamic groups of bandits attacked Christian travelers to Jerusalem, and allegedly also tried to destroy Salomon's temple. Crusades was frankly a bunch of crap. Sure if people start attacking travelers thats one thing, but fighting just to fight, its outrageous. There's no proof that the Europeans wanted to "take over" Jerusalem, the official story is that they wished to seek safe routes for pilgrims to visit the site where Jesus lived.
    My question is, how much nuclear weapons has the UN found? None? thus its called an invasion.

Thanks
    Killing in the name of God according to the scriptures I follow is wrong.
    There was a time before the commandments were written where God advocated violence against Pagans.

Christ said clearly that the Commandments of the father are to be upheld,
    but he also said that through him salvation will be granted.
    I cannot clearly tell you that a murderer can be saved.
    This is between the offender and God.

The father also said Thou shall not steal,
    but the Christ saved a thief while he was on the cross.
    Does breaking the Commandments mean you face Hellfire?
    This is a good question, I believe the Commandments should be followed by Jews and Gentiles alike, breaking them is an offense to God almighty but even so,
    salvation can still be obtained if you truly believe in Christ, and seek his atonement.
    I think many people think that no punishment awaits them if they make it to heaven.
    I think this is false, and that there are believers that have strong faith,
    and will be granted gifts, and the lukewarm/offending believers will not have as much glory in heaven.

As far as travesties in our history are concerned,
    we must all keep in mind that the moves made by dictators/world leaders
    do not reflect an individuals virtues and beliefs.
    Again, these things are between God and the offender.
    We are only held accountable for our own deeds/misdeeds.
    Our own love in our hearts or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 12-17-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    because the bible(s) (religious texture) was made by man.

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    because the bible(s) (religious texture) was made by man.
    Bro gtfo this thread?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iRateIslam View Post
    Bro gtfo this thread?
    Finally you've made some sense to me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iRateIslam View Post
    My question is, how much nuclear weapons has the UN found? None? thus its called an invasion.
    What part of developing nuclear arms are you missing? Developing does not mean made, it means making, and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad widely acknowledges the fact that they are enriching uranium. There is no "invasion" UN sanctions Iran for trying to make nuclear weapons without approval, Iran is a part of the UN, and they have an agreement on who can have nuclear arms, and they are actually trying to reduce that number, not add radical, volatile states to it.

I

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

CaT- (12-17-2010)

Thanks
    The meaning of Jihad (true meaning) : The concept of Jihad in Islam

Its quite long so yea look at the link. Fighting/killing should be a last resort for any arguement.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast