Thread: Collab battles.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Shaheen is probably gonna bitch out as my partner, since he barely does anything anymore..
    so if anybody else wants to team up with me, shoot me a message on my wall.

-thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Shaheen is probably gonna bitch out as my partner, since he barely does anything anymore..
    so if anybody else wants to team up with me, shoot me a message on my wall.

-thanks
    u me ryan 3 way /nh

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    u me ryan 3 way /nh
    If allowed, I am in.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Wait, I'm confused...
    I don't want to make any promises until the rules are laid out.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    but the semi asian jersey boy is running it
    he doesnt want us to be randomly paired
    otherwise he might not get to be with jason
    Last time I checked, I was with jason.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Songkipark View Post

Last time I checked, I was with jason.
    i know
    but rygyuy says that it should be random
    and i said u wouldnt go for that cause if its random u might not be with jason
    and then we would have tears

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Making it random just for the sake of making it fair is defeating the purpose.
    You do collabs with people because you enjoy eachother's work and want to put your talent together to make something incredible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Making it random just for the sake of making it fair is defeating the purpose.
    You do collabs with people because you enjoy eachother's work and want to put your talent together to make something incredible.
    This ^.
    Besides there's no real prize anyways. Just a friendly 2v2v2v2v3v2 or whatever. We had a collab battle back in 09 where we got to choose who to be with, and it was pretty successful.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

This ^.
    Besides there's no real prize anyways. Just a friendly 2v2v2v2v3v2 or whatever. We had a collab battle back in 09 where we got to choose who to be with, and it was pretty successful.
    You have to look at it from two angles, one yeah it's a friendly competition with no prizes, and sure as hell you should be able to get to pick who you want to be with.

But at the same time as you've seen in the past Doc, if all the better designers are paired with each other then it discourages other people to join in, since they know they'll not have a chance and don't want to tbh be embarrassed with their pieces up against yours and others.
    [img]https://i43.photobucke*****m/albums/e399/ablood/Battlefield-Realism.png[/img]

He Who Dares Wins
    And i'll die to win, cause i'm born to lose
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaWn View Post
    You have to look at it from two angles, one yeah it's a friendly competition with no prizes, and sure as hell you should be able to get to pick who you want to be with.

But at the same time as you've seen in the past Doc, if all the better designers are paired with each other then it discourages other people to join in, since they know they'll not have a chance and don't want to tbh be embarrassed with their pieces up against yours and others.
    i see exactly where youre coming from, but i think people would be more discouraged by the finishes some of us would be putting up, sometimes u practiaclly start from scratch almost if the start isnt good or in mitch's case, when in doubt just smudge it

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks

This ^.
    idk what happened after i left, but i dont remember it being successful.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

[England, UK...] Activity Time: GMT (9am-8pm)
    Thanks
    Lets just do it

War does not determine who is right- only who is left.

Thanks
    There's no competition section yet
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaWn View Post

I understand what you mean. But surely we could do a compromise. Say for the people of "lesser" skill, can team up in a three way with one of the higher ups or something. Just so that their piece still has a chance of competing, whilst those higher still get to participate in a collab of their choosing. I hope that makes sense (sorta like, all the good people have to take part in 2 collabs)

i see exactly where youre coming from, but i think people would be more discouraged by the finishes some of us would be putting up, sometimes u practiaclly start from scratch almost if the start isnt good or in mitch's case, when in doubt just smudge it
    I also can see that. I see a lot of people who enter these infamously dubbed "mitch" collabs And sometimes you can see they are a bit disheartened by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post

idk what happened after i left, but i dont remember it being successful.
    At around November/December of 09 me and Jakey (Hyak) ran it when we were both GFX Mods. We had about 6-8 teams from memory. That's pretty good considering that was during a slump. Plus we all got to choose who to partner up with, albeit some of us opted to partner up with others for fairness.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

At around November/December of 09 me and Jakey (Hyak) ran it when we were both GFX Mods. We had about 6-8 teams from memory. That's pretty good considering that was during a slump. Plus we all got to choose who to partner up with, albeit some of us opted to partner up with others for fairness.
    That's good to hear. I became mod and then the whole kira thing happened and activity dropped so atleast it picked up a bit. Anyways I would be fine with picking our own partners but the whole idea is to promote activity. I mean sure it will be fun for most of us, those with more knowledge but for those newer members it will be hard. We need to increase activity a lot and work on our attitude -added that in there because that's what i was told by the boss

anyways like i said we still have some time to discuss this and we can talk about it on msn or w.e. sometime but i dont really want to run this outside of this section. I want to have some sort of control over it so I can keep things up to date and make sure all goes well.
    x x x x x x

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456