Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Cleaning out the skeletons

Oh good God Ryan, another fucking revolution thread.

I don't care.

After a brief conversation with Shayne, we both agreed that it might be beneficial to address those past issues that still lie under the skin of some of us.
    This being the Liz issue, the Spawn issue, the Ryguy issue, issues I caused, etc.
    With the reformation underway, though in its infancy, lead by Shayne and Evelyn (both of whom I trust quite a bit with this matter), I popped the idea that it may be a good idea to take care of these before we move on. We can't build until everything has been alleviated from the minds of the long-time, active, and major players in this section.
    A building with even a few faults in its infrastructure is weak.

HERE WE GO.

Liz/SpaWn -

For those of you who don't know, around...September? ish? Idk. Sometime in the fall, a new order was brought into being. Liz talked to Dave about utilizing this section for tons and tons of new activity. As we all know, activity = money, so Dave was on board, and he entrusted Liz with making that happen.

Step 1 - Make a new team.

Originally the pick of Shayne and Scrcrw, the power was given over to Liz and the newly resurrected SpaWn (olddddd member) to appoint the new team.
    Among them were Doc (already a member), Ethereal, Czar, Haze, SpaWn, and I, with Liz and SpaWn as the go-to people for any approval on contests, improvements, etc.
    The first problem that came to light was SpaWn being the unofficial "team leader". No moderation powers or anything of that sort, but a level of authority over those of us in the team.
    The main thing that really torgued everyone off was that he just came back out of nowhere and got a position we all worked so hard for.
    Out of many long arguments, Scrcrw was removed and banned for a decent about of time, and Eth was removed.
    So begins the feuding.
    I was a part of this.

Step 2 - AOTW (Art of the Week)

This was the money maker. The brain child. The golden idea that was said to bring a mass of activity.
    Unfortunately, it did quite the opposite.
    Activity fell through the floor, there was unfair and inexperienced voting going on, and the people that started it suddenly disappeared without any sort of warning.

Ryguy -

I'm not going to say what happened here because the majority of us know.
    I'll get to the point soon.

Pleading guilty -

I will continuously admit that I was a huge player in a lot of these issues. No, I wasn't the cause, but I sure as hell was a catalyst.
    Any negativity that was brought about, or I helped bring about in this section was a mistake.
    In the moments where I was angry, everyone else was angry, I'm not sure why I kept it going.
    A number of you have noticed my lack of activity for the past month or so. This has mainly been due to having to do an entire year of school in a semester, plus a seasonal job.
    But what have I been doing while I've been gone? Bitching? No. Wallowing? Pitying myself and being depressed about all this? Not at all.
    I've been thinking. And all this is what I've come down to. It doesn't fucking matter anymore.
    Everyone's holding these grudges and continuing these feuds that should have died a long time ago. What's the benefit of it all?
    I mean, we can flame Ryguy about the position he got all we want, we can bash Liz for trying to help OUR section, we can point fingers and call names all day if we want to, but where has it gotten us? What benefit does it have?
    Ryguy can't even post his opinion without getting flamed by someone. Is that who we are?
    We preach about the "old days" all the time and how it was the best, living in the past too much to give a damn about what's coming. Is that who we've become?
    I sure hope not.

Proposition -

About Liz. I've come to the point of not caring what happened before. I know a lot of you have heard me go on and on about how much I hated her and couldn't believe she did what she did, blah blah blah.
    I don't care anymore. At least she tried to get us up off the fucking ground because we couldn't seem to handle doing it ourselves. For that, I applaud her. Before I got serious with this section, she gave me some opportunities in the main MPGH staff area, as well as arguing that I could handle this section in addition to VIP Support and managing a game section.
    I forgot about all of that.
    Blinded by anger (even though in this case it was really just mere irritation) is a common phrase, but it really happens. Just not in the monster with fangs and fur mauling friends to pieces way.
    Last I heard, she hated my guts, hopefully that can change, but I would get it if it didn't.
    The way I see it, if I can come to the point of throwing the past with Liz out, so can you. And you know who you are.

About Ryguy. After Shayne resigned, there was no one to mod the section. Everyone was expecting, from what I've gathered, for one of the higher-ups to automatically pick a new mod. That was never announced. Everyone was expecting either I or Leon to get the position.
    Regardless of Ryguy coincidentally showing up right as Shayne's resignation took place, he saw the section in a bit of turmoil. We can all agree it had gradually become a mess.
    So what did he do? What none of us did.
    He stepped up. He decided he was going to take the initiative and try and make the section better, while the rest of us (when I say us, I MEAN ME TOO) were off complaining and accomplishing absolutely nothing in doing so. For this, I applaud him as well. Although he might not be quite the troll or skill level some of us are, he still had more guts than we did to make something happen.

Conclusion -

I've decided to start anew.
    Like I said before, a building with even a few weak points in its infrastructure is weak altogether.
    But the only way we can move on and make this reformation as big a success as possible is to quit whining about the past shit and get over it.

Now.

James - From my experiences with you, you're a reasonable guy. I expect you will understand my points, even if you disagree. You're also mature when you want to be.

Sam - I know you're pretty solid on your opinions, but I also know how much of an influence some of us, especially Shayne, have on you.

The both of you are vital assets in carrying this reform all the way through.
    Both of you are great buds, and I have high respect for both of you, and I want to see you both actively part of this.
    Because I know you can do it. I've seen it.

A word of warning...

If you have no intentions on resolving any grudges or hate, then you lose the respect of myself and others on MPGH, and you become nothing more than a troll.

- Shayne
    There you go.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Kev (01-10-2011),Ryguy (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    An enthralling novel, dear friend.

Everyone who reads this thread (bar the new kids), I expect that you know what he's talking about, and if you are a friend of mine or Ryan's, then I know it is within your capabilities to follow through on this. So please think about it and help us become a better section.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Ryan (01-09-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    u are just about the most amazing person i know, i actually read the whole thing
    i dont know what too do
    my life has changed around me a lot the past weeks, im not gonna go into the details, but they have all been amazingly good things
    i dont know if many of you know this but im actually a really strong christian and that has been calling me to make changes in my life
    so what i think i need to do at the moment is relax a little and maybe i will be a bit nicer
    only cause i love u, shayne and god

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrcrw For This Useful Post:

Ryan (01-09-2011)

Thanks
    I kinda sat here trying to think of some little things that irk me so I could forget them. Alas, I couldn't really remember. I kinda just chill in this section without a purpose. I've stated my opinions of this board and its running numerous times, I'm a tad bit too lazy to do so again.

I'd like to have some sort of legitimate purpose.

*Doc being a exception, I don't talk to any of you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Czar? Have some sort of purpose in this section?
    I believe a misunderstanding of magnanimous amounts has occured, my bright colleague.
    It appears, that doth circumstance uphold, this section will fall back to the rubble of its foundation.
    Might I enlighten you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Songkipark View Post
    I believe a misunderstanding of magnanimous amounts has occured, my bright colleague.
    It appears, that doth circumstance uphold, this section will fall back to the rubble of its foundation.
    Might I enlighten you?
    [IMG]https://i283.photobucke*****m/albums/kk306/Leonscookies/1292466752350.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Songkipark View Post
    Might I enlighten you?
    Czar is part of the GFX team.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyou View Post

Czar is part of the GFX team.
    You have quite a way to go, it seems.
    And that golden summer of '09 is a mirage that we'll seemingly never find.
    Doth circumstances require most of us to be responsible for our own actions, yet we blame others and seemingly don't get anything done.
    I'd like to see a section where shit happens, mods and team members are worth a few shits, and a thriving community, much like 08-09.
    Is this too much to ask?
    I've always been here to help, unless it was one of my bad days or one of my seemingly endless hiatus'.
    English grammar rules aside, I've seen a lot of you get better, and I've seen myself improve alongside the community.
    I'd like to see others improve in the immediate future.
    I'll be here giving out cnc, and I'm also on vfx with scrcrw and shane classing, so stop by.
    Sorry for my brick wall of text, felt it was necessary at one point to actually commit to a conversation here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I got zero probs with anyone here.
    Just putting that out there.
    Liz and I squashed our differences,
    and even me busting Ryguy's balls recently has been out of boredom really.
    Ryguy I was pretty much trollenz you for the last couple weeks,
    you're doing fine lol..

That being said, I'm with you guys 100%.
    Let's drop the gay ass drama and get srs again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Ryan (01-10-2011),Ryguy (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    the past half year to much has happened... changes and all.... but like the AOTW its only flaw was that only the GFX was used and the dissapearance of SOTW did make abit of an hassle for some.

like if there where other contests and public voting wasnt raped like, my friend votes for me ect... maybe it would have survived.

just hope this section will get activity soon... i dont really know how, like advertising works for a solid 2 weeks with a few days/weeks after it they'll be gone. really hope for yougnsters wich can stay for a longer period since most @ an older age wich started here will be gone/have less time soon too.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html

@ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist

neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    https://bakyurayuu.deviantar*****m/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    u know the only reason ive actually been getting on ryguy's back lately is because he hasnt been doing anything to help the section
    i kinda actually do want it to grow again, but ryguy has been making no effort towards that since he became minion

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    u know the only reason ive actually been getting on ryguy's back lately is because he hasnt been doing anything to help the section
    i kinda actually do want it to grow again, but ryguy has been making no effort towards that since he became minion
    He doesn't have the power to change things you can't expect him to snap his fingers and boom something magic happens he's been trying to do something (probably) and even the most minimal thing of cleaning up the place and being just a nice person in general helps the section by keeping some people interested instead of leaving because people didn't like them

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjsieb View Post
    He doesn't have the power to change things you can't expect him to snap his fingers and boom something magic happens he's been trying to do something (probably) and even the most minimal thing of cleaning up the place and being just a nice person in general helps the section by keeping some people interested instead of leaving because people didn't like them
    cleaning up is what he is required to do, he never tried to go that bit extra
    when the team was just shayne and i we used to run tournaments and do things to boost the section, shayne especially always went that extra bit

Shifty sexy shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    cleaning up is what he is required to do, he never tried to go that bit extra
    when the team was just shayne and i we used to run tournaments and do things to boost the section, shayne especially always went that extra bit
    I've never ran SOTW or any other challenges. I always had other people that were willing to do it (when i was a mod). My main focus is increasing activity and keeping the section clean. I'm trying to do that with as little renovation as possible but it hasn't been doing well. I haven't really ran much tournaments such as SOTW because there is simply no reward which is the only way you're going to get "new" people to participate.

I've been trying to educate people a bit one on one to develop some more regular members to this section. As for the renovations I posted, I think they could work a bit in collaboration with an inviting attitude towards new members.

I know Ryan says not to look at the past but sometimes you have to so you can use it as an example for the future. When I posted my first sig, for the most part people were friendly and inviting and helpful. Thread.
    Last edited by Ryguy; 01-10-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    [IMG]https://i238.photobucke*****m/albums/ff303/colby1666/Signatures/DayDream-1.png[/IMG]
    x x x x x x

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Text wall hurts.
    Prease summarize.
    I should be GFX team leader.
    +1

..::Latest::..

..::Gifts::..
    [][][][][][]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast