Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

DPrint: A wrapper/helper class for gamehackers

This for you guys. I've been working a couple months on a way to help making using DirectX Easier for nubs and pros and I think this is the solution.
    Please try it out, you use it the same as any other library. Try it out if you don't like it you can get you money back!

DPrint -A wrapper for DirectX-

I still have a lot of documenting to do left on the functions, but will get to it soon, probably in a later update. Speaking of updates did I mention its going to be open source? Im releasing the code publicly in a few days, I hope all will join in to help creates MPGH's own little D3D helper function library as well.

This is only version one I have a lot of stuff I want to add to it, but I figured the library has reached the point where its beneficial so I decided to release it now, but I'm planning to add more typefaces, and even allow the addition of custom typefaces. So let me know what you think.

PS: No its not a Menu, but it greatly improves the speed of creating menus, as far as Menus go I have a Project for that in the works too, but that will be released some time later. DPrint was actually formed as a side project of of DMenu, so it should go without saying as DMenu continues to grow so will DPrint. Hopefully by the time of DMenu's release, I can add a lot more functionality to DPrint now that structure's foundation has been laid.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

-Stephen (01-11-2011),ac1d_buRn (01-10-2011),BlazingTk (01-11-2011),Crash (01-10-2011),GodHack2 (01-10-2011),Houston (01-10-2011),mmbob (01-11-2011),Synns (01-10-2011),whatup777 (01-10-2011),_Fk127_ (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Thanks allot, Bro

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I think I might finish my base / menu generator. This sorta got me motivated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I think I might finish my base / menu generator. This sorta got me motivated.
    Your progress 0%, still.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IcySeal For This Useful Post:

GodHack2 (01-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by IcySeal View Post

Your progress 0%, still.
    You haven't looked at it so you wouldn't know. And fyi I added in folders / hacks.
    QQ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Its so sad how this gets throw to the wayside.

Great Effort I love it.

Now I wanna make something of my own.

Thanks + rep.
    Quotes I live by.

A foolish person learns from his mistakes, I wise person learns from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post

mhm

i live in texas

i was at the grocery store with my son. He saw a mexican guy, and he said "Look daddy! a mower man!"

he's 4 yrs old

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whatup777 For This Useful Post:

why06 (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    orly. A coder in the coding section. holy shit.

Put this image in your signature if you support HTML5 development!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by _Fk127_ View Post
    orly. A coder in the coding section. holy shit.
    I mainly hang around Programming sub forum. Anyway I'll be putting out all the sourcecode for it tomorrow. I should probably start checking here more, but I think its kinda annoting there's 10 different hacking sections, one for every game. Since games are so similar I think it would be better if there was just one section for all of them.
    Last edited by why06; 01-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

12. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

ac1d_buRn (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    Great Idea (:

Love it. I commend you

Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    It look nice great work
    Direct3D part :
    The fact that LPD3DXFont is slow to start with, creating a class around it might make it slower. I do not know your code so I may be wrong but unless u have ur font in a Begin(), Draw(), End() the chances are it is going to be slow
    (this also depends on how the user uses it. )

IDEA:
    An ENUM for types of font, CD3DFont, D3DxFont, dhFastFont and stuff,( just an idea dont really have to do it )
    I just like programming, that is all.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by topblast View Post
    It look nice great work
    Direct3D part :
    The fact that LPD3DXFont is slow to start with, creating a class around it might make it slower. I do not know your code so I may be wrong but unless u have ur font in a Begin(), Draw(), End() the chances are it is going to be slow
    (this also depends on how the user uses it. )

IDEA:
    An ENUM for types of font, CD3DFont, D3DxFont, dhFastFont and stuff,( just an idea dont really have to do it )

LPD3DXFont is not slow, just like how Sprites aren't slow (and like how you said they were)...

LPD3DXFont is on-par with CD3DFont, and possibly other fonts as well. :)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Quote Originally Posted by topblast View Post

IDEA:
    The code's posted so you can look at it if you want, I didn't use sprite for the fonts, but if there's a difference I don't think its noticeable, ofcourse you can download the fonts and see for urself.

About including other fonts, that sounds like a lotta extra work, I've never heard a strong argument for CD3D vs. D3DX, but I thought CD3D was just a wrapper for D3DX.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post

LPD3DXFont is not slow, just like how Sprites aren't slow (and like how you said they were)...

LPD3DXFont is on-par with CD3DFont, and possibly other fonts as well.
    Actually, topblast is right. ID3DXFont is something like 5 times slower than CD3DFont.

Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post

The code's posted so you can look at it if you want, I didn't use sprite for the fonts, but if there's a difference I don't think its noticeable, ofcourse you can download the fonts and see for urself.

About including other fonts, that sounds like a lotta extra work, I've never heard a strong argument for CD3D vs. D3DX, but I thought CD3D was just a wrapper for D3DX.
    CD3DFont isn't a wrapper, it is a separate font class.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mmbob For This Useful Post:

topblast (01-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Hmmm okay I did a little Googling, and from what I see CD3DFont was a older font class superseded, by ID3DXFONT. It's faster, but not 5 times faster, but from what I see supposedly doesn't support as much, or international languages. Ofcourse most of the imformation I could find was old. Im not sure if there's been any updates to CD3DFONT since 2005.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I heard ID3DXFont was faster after they abandoned the GDI for drawing or something.
    Quotes I live by.

A foolish person learns from his mistakes, I wise person learns from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post

mhm

i live in texas

i was at the grocery store with my son. He saw a mexican guy, and he said "Look daddy! a mower man!"

he's 4 yrs old

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast