Far from around you Programmer: C++ | VB | C# | JAVA
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Hook CA WindowProc

I wanted to hook CA's WindowProc function so i can do a few stuff that will control my hack, Can I hook it?
    Last edited by topblast; 01-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    I just like programming, that is all.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Client/Server (Cloud Server)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Look for it in Engine.
    Quotes I live by.

A foolish person learns from his mistakes, I wise person learns from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGN View Post

mhm

i live in texas

i was at the grocery store with my son. He saw a mexican guy, and he said "Look daddy! a mower man!"

he's 4 yrs old

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I don't get why you would want to hook WinMain, since it is only called once at the beginning of the program, likely before your hack is even injected. But it is in Engine if you really want it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by mmbob View Post
    I don't get why you would want to hook WinMain, since it is only called once at the beginning of the program, likely before your hack is even injected. But it is in Engine if you really want it.
    hmm OHH... sorry my mistake I want to hook "WindowProc"

I will edit

oh now, The reason I want to hook WindowProc is, as you kno WindowProc handle the Messages. (and some time after Render if there is no message r something like that). I can use this for Hotkeys making stuff less laggy and mouse control a little easier for me.
    Last edited by topblast; 01-10-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    you can hook anything. I normally would just load in Olly and check the Call Stack, since you should be in the message loop the call before GetMessage or PeekMessage should be winMain, but since CA is packed all I can think of is Possibly hooking get message, checking EBP, before its set to ESP. Then just dumping the area around the address, and look for the spot you want to mess with or whatever you want to do.

EDIT: Oh you want to get keyboard & mouse input, the hooking GetMessageW should be perfect for that. you can read any input message and use it to control ur code.
    Last edited by why06; 01-10-2011 at 09:10 PM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (01-10-2011),topblast (01-10-2011),_Fk127_ (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    yes you can hook it. also hackshield doesnt detect it

use SetWindowsHookEx (WH_KEYBOARD) or SetWindowLong (GWL_WNDPROC).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gordon` For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (01-10-2011),topblast (01-10-2011),whit (01-10-2011),why06 (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    you can hook anything. I normally would just load in Olly and check the Call Stack, since you should be in the message loop the call before GetMessage or PeekMessage should be winMain, but since CA is packed all I can think of is Possibly hooking get message, checking EBP, before its set to ESP. Then just dumping the area around the address, and look for the spot you want to mess with or whatever you want to do.

EDIT: Oh you want to get keyboard & mouse input, the hooking GetMessageW should be perfect for that. you can read any input message and use it to control ur code.
    Thanks I spend some time studying Engine first. By the chance that i get it to work I will use DirectInput since it built for game and i want to test my skills.

WOW thanks again

Current Stuff:

• GPU Programmer (Cuda)
    • Mobile App Development

Thanks
    renamed the thread for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

topblast (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by topblast View Post

Thanks I spend some time studying Engine first. By the chance that i get it to work I will use DirectInput since it built for game and i want to test my skills.

WOW thanks again
    Solved/Answered.
    /Closed.