Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    I would def get at least the 5750, especially if you're thinking of playing those games at a decent resolution with reasonable settings and no frame lag :/
    i would play at 1024xwhatever... and at least med/high...
    5750 and 5770, difference?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    i would play at 1024xwhatever... and at least med/high...
    5750 and 5770, difference?
    5750 is less powerful than the 5770, imo the 5770 is one of the best power / price cards out there right now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    5750 is less powerful than the 5770, imo the 5770 is one of the best power / price cards out there right now.
    Duhh...
    Interesting.

Just a question, what do YOU mean by a 'decent' resolution?
    Also, i see on youtube, people running COD 6 and crysis with no lag....
    Even with the 5450!!!

EDIT: https://www.corsair.com/power-supplie...-1/tx650w.html
    It says it has a pci-e [6 pin + 2 pin]....
    5770 needs a 6 pin for power...
    halp?
    EDIT 2: The 5770 seems to need bigger brackets.... do i just take 2 brackets off of my chassi?
    Theres 2 dvi plugs too? why?
    EDIT 3: You know PSU's, does it fit all standard cases?
    EDIT 4:
    https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Faulty-XFX-ATI...#ht_500wt_1156

Look at that. 'Faulty' 5770 which gives no signal but the fans work. I searched online and you can just fix it by using a dvi to vga adapter
    Shame i havent got my debit card yet T.T
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 01-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Duhh...
    Interesting.

Just a question, what do YOU mean by a 'decent' resolution?
    Also, i see on youtube, people running COD 6 and crysis with no lag....
    Even with the 5450!!!

EDIT: Enthusiast Series? TX650 ? 80 PLUS® Certified Power Supply - Enthusiast Series - Non-Modular PSUs - Power Supplies
    It says it has a pci-e [6 pin + 2 pin]....
    5770 needs a 6 pin for power...
    halp?
    EDIT 2: The 5770 seems to need bigger brackets.... do i just take 2 brackets off of my chassi?
    Theres 2 dvi plugs too? why?
    EDIT 3: You know PSU's, does it fit all standard cases?
    EDIT 4:
    Faulty XFX ATI Radeon HD5770 1GB Graphics Card on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 20:55:30 GMT)

Look at that. 'Faulty' 5770 which gives no signal but the fans work. I searched online and you can just fix it by using a dvi to vga adapter
    Shame i havent got my debit card yet T.T
    Decent is at least 1280*1024 for 4:3 monitors (best would be 1600*1200) or if you have a widescreen (more common) around 1680*1050 (ordinary 20" / 22"). And I doubt the 5450 is "smooth".

@EDIT: yeah, should be okay
    @EDIT2: the 5770 needs 1 slot to connect and then requires the space of 1 more slot / spacer lower down as well. The two dvi ports are there in case you ever want more than one screen (you can have a multi-screen setup, some 5770 cards even support the so-called "Eyefinity" - you can play a game on 3 monitors for an "ultrawide" display)
    @EDIT3: If you have a "standard" sized case any ATX power supply should fit (practically every PSU)
    @EDIT4: never get a faulty card, never use vga if you can use dvi

A fps comparrison of fps (frames per second) for a few cards, "normal" is 60fps, sometimes a game is playable at around 30+ fps but it won't always be smooth, real gamers usually want over 100fps. This is for Crysis at the two "standard" resolutions:

And here is the same game with some AA (antialiasing - a setting that will soften the edges of rendered objects / models so that the game looks better):

As you can see in the AA chart the 5450 doesn't even reach 10fps (completely unplayable) whilst the 5670 ("weakest" "gaming" card from the 5000 series) "rockets" to 30fps on the 4:3 resolution (some consider 30fps to be the lowest "playable" fps, but I really don't like playing at under 60 if it's a fps), but only the 5750 reaches 30fps on the 16:10 resolution (widescreen).

Now the 5770 makes another leap in fps and is therefore what I suggest you would get, but certainly not the 5450. Note that this is Crysis and it's set to high quality meaning that if you use medium quality or a lower resolution you would ofc get better, possibly even great performance at the cost of not-so-pretty graphics. Most other games like CA, CF, PB etc. should have more fps at high settings / some AA than Crysis because they're less demanding, but for nice quality, dynamic shadows, AA, AF and so on (read: nice graphics) in games like CoD you might really want to consider getting at least the 5670 if not the 5770.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

FangedBeast (01-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Red face

Decent is at least 1280*1024 for 4:3 monitors (best would be 1600*1200) or if you have a widescreen (more common) around 1680*1050 (ordinary 20" / 22"). And I doubt the 5450 is "smooth".

@EDIT: yeah, should be okay
    @EDIT2: the 5770 needs 1 slot to connect and then requires the space of 1 more slot / spacer lower down as well. The two dvi ports are there in case you ever want more than one screen (you can have a multi-screen setup, some 5770 cards even support the so-called "Eyefinity" - you can play a game on 3 monitors for an "ultrawide" display)
    @EDIT3: If you have a "standard" sized case any ATX power supply should fit (practically every PSU)
    @EDIT4: never get a faulty card, never use vga if you can use dvi

A fps comparrison of fps (frames per second) for a few cards, "normal" is 60fps, sometimes a game is playable at around 30+ fps but it won't always be smooth, real gamers usually want over 100fps. This is for Crysis at the two "standard" resolutions:

And here is the same game with some AA (antialiasing - a setting that will soften the edges of rendered objects / models so that the game looks better):

As you can see in the AA chart the 5450 doesn't even reach 10fps (completely unplayable) whilst the 5670 ("weakest" "gaming" card from the 5000 series) "rockets" to 30fps on the 4:3 resolution (some consider 30fps to be the lowest "playable" fps, but I really don't like playing at under 60 if it's a fps), but only the 5750 reaches 30fps on the 16:10 resolution (widescreen).

Now the 5770 makes another leap in fps and is therefore what I suggest you would get, but certainly not the 5450. Note that this is Crysis and it's set to high quality meaning that if you use medium quality or a lower resolution you would ofc get better, possibly even great performance at the cost of not-so-pretty graphics. Most other games like CA, CF, PB etc. should have more fps at high settings / some AA than Crysis because they're less demanding, but for nice quality, dynamic shadows, AA, AF and so on (read: nice graphics) in games like CoD you might really want to consider getting at least the 5670 if not the 5770.
    Long + good answer FTW!!!
    I have a 19" widescreen LCD HP W****V
    So yeah...I usually play at around 1280x1024...
    My monitor is a vga so.... yeah... and why not vga??
    I wont get a faulty one then i guess?
    @Crysis thingy: Interesting. I guess ill AT LEAST get a 5750 :P But still... Its £50 - normal/cheap-ish unless there are other sites than ebay which are good....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Long + good answer FTW!!!
    I have a 19" widescreen LCD HP W****V
    So yeah...I usually play at around 1280x1024...
    My monitor is a vga so.... yeah... and why not vga??
    I wont get a faulty one then i guess?
    @Crysis thingy: Interesting. I guess ill AT LEAST get a 5750 :P But still... Its £50 - normal/cheap-ish unless there are other sites than ebay which are good....
    19" widescreen's native resolution should be 1440*900 actually, right? Are you sure it's a widescreen (16:10) and not "normal" (4:3) screen?

And if it's a "small" res you should be ok, but dvi is usually better because it doesn't need manual setting of clocks and phases (read this). As for the sites I only buy new stuff (I really push the limits with my hardware, my last PC cost a tad bit over 10 grand euros) so I try to get the best deals with sites like: Scan.co.uk (UK), [url=https://geizhals.at/eu/]Geizhals.at (mainly Germany and Austria, does UK too though), Idealo.de etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    19" widescreen's native resolution should be 1440*900 actually, right? Are you sure it's a widescreen (16:10) and not "normal" (4:3) screen?

And if it's a "small" res you should be ok, but dvi is usually better because it doesn't need manual setting of clocks and phases (read this). As for the sites I only buy new stuff (I really push the limits with my hardware, my last PC cost a tad bit over 10 grand euros) so I try to get the best deals with sites like: Scan.co.uk (UK), [url=https://geizhals.at/eu/]Geizhals.at (mainly Germany and Austria, does UK too though), Idealo.de etc.
    My bad... Yeah native is at that but the game settings... And i dunno.... 4:3 is like a square right? my screen is 36 cm sideways starting from when the actual screen starts...
    P.S thanks for the sites, ill bookmark them...
    EDIT: Yeah, about clock and phase, mine is ok.... and i know how to set it up properly naturally from messing about in school
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 01-18-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Sorry for bump... Would my computer run [after upgrade] run mw2 smoothly?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Sorry for bump... Would my computer run [after upgrade] run mw2 smoothly?
    Most probably, yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I think xp can only get up to 3gb
    Dont know

Need help with CALL OF DUTY RELATED or anything just private message me and im willing to help ^____^ Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpIsWanted View Post
    so i have a camp next month, and i am 12, now all boys in my class have a large dick with hari and i dont have that. who can help me please?
    i see in films people can grow hair and grow dicks.

i know its weird question, but i need !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by L3G3ND_KILL3R View Post
    Dont know
    It seems like you don't know. And he couldn't have more than 2 gigs even if he wanted.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Most probably, yes.
    AlterIWNet

Quote Originally Posted by L3G3ND_KILL3R View Post
    Dont know
    I have vista
    It seems like you don't know. And he couldn't have more than 2 gigs even if he wanted.
    Yeah... Read the whole thread... it reveals more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12