Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Cool Should I upgrade my CPU[Processor]?

I have a Intel Pentium D Presler 3.00GHz [Not over-clocked + I do not intend to over clock anything]....
    I am planning to upgrade basically my whole computer. I plan to buy something from AMD but I don't want something like the sempron...
    I heard phenom has glitches on its L3 cache [even though i don't even know what it is] and it takes a lot of wattage...
    So maybe an Athlon II or a Athlon 64 X2?

So, should I upgrade? Which out of the althon series is better?

I intend to use this for 'casual' gaming, not like hardcore/demanding games like crysis but not online flash games.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    dude 3 ghz is enough
    mines only 2.1 mmz

Need help with CALL OF DUTY RELATED or anything just private message me and im willing to help ^____^ Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpIsWanted View Post
    so i have a camp next month, and i am 12, now all boys in my class have a large dick with hari and i dont have that. who can help me please?
    i see in films people can grow hair and grow dicks.

i know its weird question, but i need !

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    so i dont need to upgrade my cpu?
    p.s could you help me with my RAM topic...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by L3G3ND_KILL3R View Post
    dude 3 ghz is enough
    mines only 2.1 mmz
    It's a fucking Pentium, even at 3GHz it can get slayed by a normal 2GHz CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    so i dont need to upgrade my cpu?
    p.s could you help me with my RAM topic...
    I would, but you should know that each CPU fits only on a certain socket, meaning that you will probably have to upgrade your motherboard as well. And once you do that you're probably going to need to upgrade your memory as well, reinstall Windows, maybe even get a newer GFX card

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    It's a fucking Pentium, even at 3GHz it can get slayed by a normal 2GHz CPU.

I would, but you should know that each CPU fits only on a certain socket, meaning that you will probably have to upgrade your motherboard as well. And once you do that you're probably going to need to upgrade your memory as well, reinstall Windows, maybe even get a newer GFX card

Motherboard Specifications, 945GCT-HM (Livermore8) HP Pavilion g3100.uk Desktop PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English)
    I am going to upgrade my memory from 1gb[512mb each slot] to 2gb... the max is 2gb though
    Why reinstall windows? And I'm pretty sure that I am going to get Radeon HD 5450...

Socket 775 (LGA775 / Socket T)
    "Socket type: 775
    Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Core 2 Duo (Conroe) up to E4300
    Pentium D (Presler) up to 960 (3.6 GHz)
    Pentium 4 (Cedar Mill) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
    Celeron D (Cedar Mill) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
    Celeron D (Prescott) up to 355 (3.33GHz)"
    From my PC manufacturer's site.

I guess i won't be able to upgrade to AMD ¬.¬
    EDIT 2: Right, i guess motherboard is the only option.
    Got any good/cheap motherboards that fit my case/pc? And how i can do it without reinstalling?
    Reinstall = a whole system wipe? I want the programs and files though.... halpppp
    Last edited by FangedBeast; 01-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    If you're going to switch motherboards then yes, chances are you're going to have to either manually change every single driver and the such or just simply reinstall Windows.

With a 100 pound budget I doubt you'll find a decent mobo+ram+cpu replacement. As I said in the other thread, I would recommend you save your money for later.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Red face

If you're going to switch motherboards then yes, chances are you're going to have to either manually change every single driver and the such or just simply reinstall Windows.

With a 100 pound budget I doubt you'll find a decent mobo+ram+cpu replacement. As I said in the other thread, I would recommend you save your money for later.
    Well, my budget isn't strict but... you know...
    Ebay = RAM + CPU can come cheap.... RAM is like £10-£20 for 2 x 1GB DDR2 PC2 5300...
    CPU: Athlon 64 x2/Athlon II x2 £10-£30
    PSU: Corsair/Antec 400w at least £10-£30
    So yeah... Upgrading the CPU really isn't essential right??

P.S My dad will buy a new computer sooner or later but he probably wont as he thinks 'old' in a computers world is like 5 years/when it breaks down/slows so much. [Right now its like been 2 years]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    The only thing I would upgrade is RAM / PSU+GFX. The CPU isn't that important for playing games, especially compared to the role played by a gfx card.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    The only thing I would upgrade is RAM / PSU+GFX. The CPU isn't that important for playing games, especially compared to the role played by a gfx card.
    Wew. Thanks a lot!!! You just saved me [a lot] of money :P
    RAM + PSU + GFX here we go =D
    But i still have to wait till my b'day which is on the 22nd where ill be aloud to get a debit card :P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    I have a Intel Pentium D Presler 3.00GHz [Not over-clocked + I do not intend to over clock anything]....
    I am planning to upgrade basically my whole computer. I plan to buy something from AMD but I don't want something like the sempron...
    I heard phenom has glitches on its L3 cache [even though i don't even know what it is] and it takes a lot of wattage...
    So maybe an Athlon II or a Athlon 64 X2?

So, should I upgrade? Which out of the althon series is better?

I intend to use this for 'casual' gaming, not like hardcore/demanding games like crysis but not online flash games.
    go for a socket AM3 mobo and a AMD Phenom II X4 athlons are amds budget cpu and that being kind