Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Lightbulb Was the atomic bomb dropping justified?

In August 6th, and August 9th, 1945, two nuclear weapons were dropped in Japanese cities, respectively. For 6th months before the attack, the U.S. had tried to bomb Japan in main cities, in order to achieve the surrender of the country. In the Potsdam Declaration, Japan was given an ultimatum to surrender, by the Government of the United States of America, the United Kingdom and the Republic of China. Japan, however, ignored this warning, and proceeded to keep on fighting this brutal war. In August 4th, 1945, president Truman allowed the use of a nuclear weapon in the Japanese city of Hiroshima. At the morning of August 6th, 1945, some Japanese cities were given the warning of possible bombing, but later this was lifted due to the small quantity (only 3 planes were sent, among them the 'Enola Gay'), but were still told that they should return to the bomb shelters if any B-29's were seen. The first b-29, however, was only there to view the quality of the weather, thus not having any armory nor weapons. Japanese aircrafts were not sent to intercept in order to save fuel. At 08:15 AM, the nuclear weapon was dropped. After 43 seconds of falling, it finally exploded once in reached Japanese ground, instantly killing 30% of Hiroshima's population, and killing more than 90% of Hiroshima's doctors (although the aiming point for the bomb was the Aioi Bridge, due to the wind the bomb missed it by about 230m, hitting the Cirgucal Clinic). One day later, President Truman warned Japan that if their terms weren't accepted, they should "expect rain of ruin from the air". 2 days later, another nuclear weapon was used in Nagasaki. Japan later surrender, for they though too many lives had been wasted, and in fear that U.S. may hit Tokyo with a nuclear weapon. Now, here's the question:

-Was the use of nuclear weapons in Japan justified?

I'll first give my opinion. I state that I am neither Japanese nor American, that I fully understand that in those times, there was no clear law to forbid the use of nuclear weapons for there wasn't much knowledge about this, and that in times of war, neither side is free of guilt. Truthfully, I've read about the atrocities committed by the Japanese to both Chinese and American POW's (Prisoners of War). These treatments were completely inhuman, and out of any type of moral. In case that you don't know about this, do some research on Japanese War Crimes and Unit 731. Japanese did not only mass murder war prisoners, but experimented on them, infecting them with bacteria, trying new biological weapons and watching them die. I even read that American Prisoners of War were buried alive. These was completely unnecessary. I do understand how Japanese soldiers were so immersed into killing Americans (they attached grenades to their chests in order to kill a few), but Japanese got nothing out of this murders. To give you a better view of the atrocities and the point of view from Japanese towards prisoners, let me quote Toshimi Mizobuchi, former Unit 731 doctor:

Toshimi Mizobuchi:
    "They were logs to me. Logs were not considered to be human. They were either spies or conspirators. They were already dead. So now they died for a second time. We just executed the dead sentence.
    And if someone says that the medical research could only be achieved by experimenting on humans, fuck you, this research could've taken place 20 years later without sacrificing any human life. With that being said, I believe that even though the nuclear weapons killed many people, imagine how many would've died if war raged on? Invasion on Japan was running slow. It wasn't going to make Japan surrender for about 4-5 months. I believe, then, that these bombings were justified. What mostly amuses me, though, and this is the real reason why I'm posting this in the United States of America section, is:
    Why the fuck, after dropping two fucking nuclear weapons, did you agree to leave free of any charge or persecution to the Unit 731 staff, in exchange of medical research? Doesn't that make you as bad as the original bastards? Did you guys have any moral by then? Like what the fuck you drop 2 fucking nuclear weapons and you can't sentence to dead about a 100 guys who tortured your soldiers? Dear me, that was some bad shit.

I do not know if this is true though, so I do not plant it as a fact, but I read somewhere that in the Korean war, once Prisoners of War were taken from Korea, the Unit 731 was reassembled and allowed to continue biological testing on humans. Anybody know anything about this?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    no, i dont think so

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    JUSTIFIED?

War is never about "justice" and only the victors decide who was "right".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    IMO I think it was best it happened. Japan was given warnings to surrender but decided not to even though China did. Many lives were lost, bnot focus on the cruelty that the Americans did to the Japanese, but also the cruelty the Japanse did to the Americans. ut it was the only way to end the war (by getting Japan to surrender) and if it wasn't for the war, more American's would have died than the number of Japans killed.

People will disagree with my point of view (obviously lots will) but think about what Japan also did to the Americans, not just the damage dealt by the Americans.

I hope both countries learn from this, it was completely unncecesary and a sad event in which many generations were lost from both the Japanse & Americans.

Thanks
    japan deserves it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    War is war, get over it.

Also, fuck the US, this thread is now about the Tsar bomba:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Fuck the US in general.
    of course it bloody wasn't
    The usa wanted to show the russians that they are stronger by dropping them.
    Big deal anyway. Russians have better atomics now
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    Fuck the US in general.
    Russians? WWII wasn't USA vs Russia, that was the Cold War aka not a single nuke dropped on the enemy.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

pjrat111 (03-18-2011),Sir Nathan (01-19-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Fuck the US in general.
    So you're saying that U.S. wanted to show their power to their biggest ally in World War 2? Dam, you fucked up.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sir Nathan For This Useful Post:

CaT- (01-19-2011),pjrat111 (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Shut Japan the hell up, didn't it?

[IMG]https://i306.photobucke*****m/albums/nn280/Fenolgo/Graph_01.gif[/IMG]

˙˙˙sʞɔɐɥ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by CrustyObama View Post
    Shut Japan the hell up, didn't it?
    Yeah, and saved hundreds of thousands of both American and Japanese lives. But for fuck's sake, why did Japan have to fuck on Pearl Harbor? Didn't they know that the entry of the U.S. on WWII would mean the defeat of Germany and the end of their allies? Were they so fucking stupid?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Fuck the US in general.
    fuck britain
    bitch ass tea drinkin fairies ain't good for nothin but suckin us's red white and blue dick and cleanin up our dirty work
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe

GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post
    fuck britain
    bitch ass tea drinkin fairies ain't good for nothin but suckin us's red white and blue dick and cleanin up our dirty work
    Yeah, they may be tea drinking fuckers, but these "faries" had a much better moral which made them get involved in the war, unlike you Americans who even though you saw the injustice taking place in Europe at the time, stayed in your fucking shelter for an invitation card (called Pearl Harbor attack) instead of taking the initiative.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Yeah, they may be tea drinking fuckers, but these "faries" had a much better moral which made them get involved in the war, unlike you Americans who even though you saw the injustice taking place in Europe at the time, stayed in your fucking shelter for an invitation card (called Pearl Harbor attack) instead of taking the initiative.
    *sigh* kids don't understand the decisions of adults.

Whats even worse is that japan refused to give up after this first one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Saved over a million lives by taking 200,000. HR would be proud.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast