Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

[Share]If programming Languages Were tv Shows

If Programming Languages Were Television Shows

F# – Mythbusters. We don't just explain the functional programming myths, we put them to the test. (Am I missing an eyebrow?)

Haskell – The Saturday-afternoon calculus course from the local community college on the public access channel.

Fortran – An old movie, a perennial favorite with classic actors, and the credits arranged in a matrix.

Java – Something on a business channel with a scrolling stock ticker and announcers who wear kakis and blue button-downs.

C# – Just like Java, but with fancier graphics on the stock ticker and announcers who wear power ties.

Python – Financial advice for the small investor. It seems sound, but which way will the market trend?

C/C++ – Some PBS hippie show about growing and canning your own vegetables. Who needs garbage collection when you can compost?

Lua – A late-night foreign art film in black and white by a visionary director. Deep, but will it find enough sponsors to go prime time?

Ruby – Star Trek. Geeky, gadgety, and tough on newcomers, but a fiercely loyal fan base will keep this series in syndication for a while. Beam me up, Matz!

FORTH – The Woodwright’s Shop. Watch a guy make handmade furniture using handmade tools. Be careful of splinters.

Assembly Language - A test pattern.

COBOL – Something on the radio your parents or grandparents used to listen to.

(Sorry, COBOL geeks, I couldn't resist that last one, lol. We love you anyway.)

-Neil
    Posted by techneilogy
    {link removed: It was broken because of mpgh filter}

(just google about the link if you want the source website)

By the way, i loled at some of them. Just wanted to share.
    Have fun.
    Last edited by NextGen1; 01-21-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Ha, LoL @ F#. (well all of them) VB didn't even make the list, sheesh...

LoLed here too.
    PHP: NCIS. Kind of boring. Never wins any awards. A bit behind the cutting edge.

Last edited by NextGen1; 01-21-2011 at 11:22 AM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    Ha, LoL @ F#. (well all of them) VB didn't even make the list, sheesh...

LoLed here too.
    PHP: NCIS. Kind of boring. Never wins any awards. A bit behind the cutting edge.

yea i saw the comment and Loled too. but after posting it here ^^
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak.