Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    my god>your god

No, I think 0 = 0.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by InHumanjr View Post
    Is the Bible Reliable?
    The Bible is a book, consisting of 66 books. It was written thousands of years ago made by many different people all leading to the same exact thing, but is it real? Is it reliable?
    The Bible was translated in many different languages by many different people. With all of those translations you would think that the original translations would very from the ones that we have now. Studies have shown that the original scrolls barely differ at all form the ones now days, the only thing that is different is the grammar.
    Emperor Diocletian Galerius declared that all Christians need to be prosecuted and also there bibles burned. So At this point the Christians would pick what books were good enough to die for, these are the books that we currently have. The church only got rid of books they did not alter of add books to the Bible. After this period the Bible was printed many times by Christians scribes. The latest copies to the ones we have now are almost identical.
    So according to my research the bible is the same as it first was, but is it true? The bible has to be real because there were many prophesies made over 2000 years and they all pointed to the same thing, Christ birth and He was born. Also many other prophesy had come true and are still going to come true. If this book was a lie could it really have taken over the minds of all of the people that believe today? If the Bible was a lie would some one not have figured it out by now? If the bible was fake when people try to disprove it would they not become Christians? The only real reason for everything we all believe in is that the bible is true.
    An example of the truth of the bible is that God told Ezekiel to prophesy. Around 1000 years before the fall of tyre he was told to write about how the king named Nebuchadnezzar would command an army that would defeat tyre and 1000 years later that exact thing happened, The prophesy came true. Every single thing He was commanded to write the exact thing happened. He was just a regular man he had no supernatural powers God just told him what to write and that exact thing happened.
    The Bible prophesy are still to this day before our eyes taking place, they are not just a thing of the past, For example the Israelites always go through the cycle of not trusting and Gods wrath falling on them until they trust again, They have been a race without a homeland for many years and have been oppressed for many years and slave by many different countries until finally in 1948 they received their homeland again.
    Another prophesy that was fulfilled was the prophesy of Daniel that a Christ child would be born and a prince would give the Israelites permission to rebuild the temple. Both of these were fulfilled the exact way he said them again a regular man who listen to the words of Jesus.
    The bible is the most historically accurate book, here is a quote from christiananswers.net "No archaeological discovery has ever controverter a Biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or in exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."
    The bible is the most accurate book in the world everything ever said in It is or will be coming true. God is real he lives in all of our lives. Everything in the bible is real though people may try and veer you away from the bible it is just satin trying to pull you into his way The bible is the truth and has never been changed.

Devon
    my essay for bible

So much stupid it's physically painful to read. Honestly citing Answers In Genesis as a credible source is like citing a Neo-nazi website to support the murder of non-whites.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 01-26-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Yes.

That's hardly even a persuasive essay, because usually people base essays off of evidence. Hopefully you go to a private school, because if you turn that into a public school teacher you will likely fail.

Especially since your wrote that the Bible is the most accurate book in the world. I think anyone with any knowledge of both the world and the Bible would scoff at that statement.
    Because you know, the bible is so accurate it.......no wait, inaccurate is the word i was looking for, my bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

thanks for all (01-30-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Because you know, the bible is so accurate it.......no wait, inaccurate is the word i was looking for, my bad.

It's accurate if your source is answersingeneisis and conservapedia. But if your source is reality then you're kind of boned.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Yes.

That's hardly even a persuasive essay, because usually people base essays off of evidence. Hopefully you go to a private school, because if you turn that into a public school teacher you will likely fail.

Especially since your wrote that the Bible is the most accurate book in the world. I think anyone with any knowledge of both the world and the Bible would scoff at that statement.
    i am in private school and my teachers a pastor

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by InHumanjr View Post

i am in private school and my teachers a pastor
    Ya, that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I never said that the logic was flawed.
    The Bible has been translated more times then I can count.
    I also said that I trust Greek and Hebrew versions.
    The Latin Vulgates have many flaws,
    including the edition of 3 other books that aren't in most bibles in circulation.
    Do I believe that there were some versions of the Bible that are flawed?
    Yes, I do. This doesn't mean all of them are, and the preserved word that we have now for the most part is pretty accurate to the Greek.

The answer lies in a proper understanding of God's Power. "Almighty" does not mean God cannot exercise self-limitation. God cannot contradict His nature or the nature of things as they are. It is not possible for God to either lie or to die. Neither can He make two plus two equal five.

The biblical God has limited Himself only to acts that are consistent with His righteous, loving character. Therefore, God's power is self-restrained. He cannot do evil and He cannot do anything irrational. He cannot go back upon His word. He is all-powerful when it comes to doing things that are right, but He has no power to do things wrong.

When we speak of God being omnipotent or all-powerful we must understand exactly what that means. It means that God is able to do anything that is consistent with His holy character. He is not able to lie, do anything sinful, or do anything that is logically impossible. This does not limit His power. He can do everything that is holy and wise.

Also..the word "omnipotent" would never be in true Hebrew scripture,
    since the word originates from the Latin Language.
    I asked about 9 people to day if they believed God was all powerful. If you God doesn't fit into the logical equation I have set up, so be it. If your God is not all powerful (all-powerful as in he cannot do anything contradictory. This involves going against his nature, contradicting logic) then this doesn't apply to you.. though I would say 99% of monotheists believe he is.
    Last edited by barklolbark; 01-27-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    It's accurate if your source is answersingeneisis and conservapedia. But if your source is reality then you're kind of boned.
    Well you know, accurate is the wrong word. It really doesn't "predict" anything, nor give any scientific facts.

:/ Its kinda like saying Harry Potter is accurate.
    -This goes for the quran too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    But there also is no proof that God isn't real.
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind
    It's times like this I wanna leave the world behind
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind
    I wanna take a little piece of my herb and get this whole world high.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by coledes View Post
    Or you can read the first post. You know?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Or you can read the first post. You know?
    Im pretty sure this a DISproof of God which therefore I said there isn't proof that he ISN'T real.
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind

Thanks
    you will see one day he is real

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Im pretty sure this a DISproof of God which therefore I said there isn't proof that he ISN'T real.
    dis·proof/disˈpro͞of/Noun
    1. A set of facts that prove that something is untrue.
    2. The action of proving that something is untrue.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm saying that he is real. Dumbass
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind
    We want peace whoa
    We want a peace of mind

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I am a walrus endowed with the ability to think/use the internet.

What proof do you have that i am not? None. Therefore I must be a walrus.
    ---------
    Those aren't very solid arguments.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast