Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

Question Modded graphics drivers gain extra FPS

Here is my original thread:
    Modded graphics drivers FTW! - Steam Users' Forums
    I'll quote the first post here:
    I found some nice modded (unofficial) drivers for Nvidia and ATI videocards: TWeaKFoRCe.CoM your source for the latest Video Drivers
    I have GTX 465 and using official 266.58 drivers I had 80 fps in average. When switched to Xtreme-G drivers, I got 120 fps in average (40 fps boost, holy !). So, I thought I should share them. Try theese awesome drivers and post your results
    My CPU is Q9450 overclocked up to 3.00GHz, and I have 8GB of DDR2 RAM. Also, Windows 7 x64 running on Velociraptor WD6000HLHX (600 GB, 10000 RPM).
    And some replies I got during 8 hours ater I created the thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by asiancoastdj
    I decided to give these a try and it was all worth it. I gained almost 20fps from this (1920x1200). I still have little bit of stuttering, but it kinda fixed my lagging problems. I definitely recommend these. (using a single GTX285)

thanx +1 rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kazukijun
    This works!
    I'm seeing improvement on my fps for other games as well.
    Thks for the link +rep !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limonov
    This works. 60+ constant. No drops, no Stutter, simply the way it should be.
    I sweer on my grandfathers grave i will quit PC gaming if VAC bans for this.
    +1 rep for the man
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz71
    got them, cant see any FPS increase at the top end, but it does seem to help my FPS at lower end by a few FPS

playing Havana and there doesnt seem to be any real slowdown, before it would go slight into slowmo mode looking down the street

cheers OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix210
    Ok, wtf just happened? o0

Before : (newest drivers, clean install) : 30 - 60 Fps. Playable but not really smooth.

After : (modded drivers, clean install) : 60 - 90 Fps. Smooth. One or two fps drops per match but nothing to cry about.

Nothing was altered. I just installed the drivers.

Thanks man. + Kudos!
    Well, as you see, it looks that it works. But I'm not entirely sure, because one guy there is states that the drivers are not even modified, he claims he did some research on it. So, I need as many as possible people to try theese drivers and tell if they really work, or it's just a placebo effect. Anyway, when I installed them I could swear that there was FPS boost!
    Last edited by 63OR63; 01-26-2011 at 06:41 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 63OR63 For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (01-27-2011),DiCTor (10-12-2012),Skyline. (01-25-2011)