Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by B0nGMarl3y View Post
    Its a scientific fact that marijuana is not addictive, marijuana has never been linked to future illnesses with only a very little increase in chance of cancer which dosent mean anything because everything seems to increase that chance today. "Before you knock it try it first, you will realize its a blessing and not a curse" -ben harper

but were getting off topic i was just suggesting an idea because ive dealt with people were were clincally depressed and its very harsh.. also if you seek professional help do research on anti-depressants before you decide, i just did a paper on them and they seem more negative then positive in the long run
    Niggah, its not like breathing in smoke is good for you, or your lungs.
    InfoFacts - Marijuana
    Effects on the Brain

Scientists have learned a great deal about how THC acts in the brain to produce its many effects. When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain.

In the brain, THC connects to specific sites called cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors; others have few or none. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement4.

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana7. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers8. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Even infrequent abuse can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency to obstructed airways9. Smoking marijuana possibly increases the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck. A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced evidence that marijuana smoking doubled or tripled the risk of these cancers10.

Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    thats normal for people feel such way
    feeling of isolation and depression
    well that sucks.. but just be sure not to turn emo on us kaye?

for i just woke up and siad
    "today is gonna blow balls"
    so.. i decided to be a droid for the rest of day
    but it wasnt all that bad =/

for the expectations i had for today.. it exeded those and went on to be a pretty okay day ~_~'' for the first time i am not complaing about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    "Pulling a Jetamay" HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    oh hardy har har

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    The short-term effects......
    -all the possible negative effects from after you inhale for the next minutes to hours. (nothing positive huh)

Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse....

- I stopped smoking weed due to a program i am in for being a 'criminal'.. i stopped march 23rd after smoking heavily for 1-2 years and marijuana is only mentally addicitive, i stopped and havent smoked once since with no problems, im not having night sweats beggin for a dose of weed for weeks..

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruple....
    - No one has died from using marijuana, this is a study, and if you have heart problems that puts you at such a high risk of heart attack you shouldnt smoke.

Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do....
    - So if you smoke weed once your going to get fired for missing work and be sick with respiratory illnesses, i didnt say use it 'frequently' but anyways i did and my friends did which none of them ever had any respiratory illnesses, and they smoke cigs also.

Even infrequent abuse can cause burn...
    - this is true first time you smoke it can be harsh, thats why i said a little bit and i never had any chest illnesses or lung infections or obstructed airways..

Smok.......- marijuana does contain cancer causing chem. but no link to cancer has ever been proven, and on cigs- tobacco is addictive because it contains nicotine, smoking marijuana once wont induce cancer or make you want to smoke a pack of joints a day

alright whatever i didnt do any real research just off the top of my head all i have to say is like everything in life there is always 2 sides to a story, going to a website -national institute of drug abuse- and posting what they typed up does not mean its true. America is full of the regular american bullshit and believing everything you read or hear is off, look at the other facts , or even watch a movie "american drug war" , its on youtube too just look at both sides im just tired of people being herded around because they read or hear something QUESTION EVERYTHING, be it authority be it scientists, politics, anything it dosent matter what they say who says they are telling the truth..

-sorry for going off topic

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by B0nGMarl3y View Post
    The short-term effects......
    -all the possible negative effects from after you inhale for the next minutes to hours. (nothing positive huh)

Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse....

- I stopped smoking weed due to a program i am in for being a 'criminal'.. i stopped march 23rd after smoking heavily for 1-2 years and marijuana is only mentally addicitive, i stopped and havent smoked once since with no problems, im not having night sweats beggin for a dose of weed for weeks..

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruple....
    - No one has died from using marijuana, this is a study, and if you have heart problems that puts you at such a high risk of heart attack you shouldnt smoke.

Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do....
    - So if you smoke weed once your going to get fired for missing work and be sick with respiratory illnesses, i didnt say use it 'frequently' but anyways i did and my friends did which none of them ever had any respiratory illnesses, and they smoke cigs also.

Even infrequent abuse can cause burn...
    - this is true first time you smoke it can be harsh, thats why i said a little bit and i never had any chest illnesses or lung infections or obstructed airways..

Smok.......- marijuana does contain cancer causing chem. but no link to cancer has ever been proven, and on cigs- tobacco is addictive because it contains nicotine, smoking marijuana once wont induce cancer or make you want to smoke a pack of joints a day

alright whatever i didnt do any real research just off the top of my head all i have to say is like everything in life there is always 2 sides to a story, going to a website -national institute of drug abuse- and posting what they typed up does not mean its true. America is full of the regular american bullshit and believing everything you read or hear is off, look at the other facts , or even watch a movie "american drug war" , its on youtube too just look at both sides im just tired of people being herded around because they read or hear something QUESTION EVERYTHING, be it authority be it scientists, politics, anything it dosent matter what they say who says they are telling the truth..

-sorry for going off topic
    Youtube, a million websites.
    Youtube......a million websites.
    Someone with no facts.....A Million Websites
    YouTube.....School

I think I've made my point quite clear.

Thanks
    YouTube isn't a source. Idiot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior731 View Post
    YouTube isn't a source. Idiot.
    Thats what a meant, or was that not directed towards me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12