Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

[Discuss]Thinking about making a searching A.I.

K well really a file-tagging program/ search for tags, super stupid AI

I get tired of trying to find all my files using windows search. It would be nice if I could just categorize my most frequently used program with certain tags, so instead of searching for filenames, which I sometimes forget I can search for "debuggers" and a list of IDA, Olly, WinDebug, and ProcessExp might come up.

What I'm talking about is categorizing my files on my computer sort of like google does webpages, based on tags and keywords. That way I can search through types of files I'm looking for and don't have to worry about organizing everything. My comp would just know what type of stuff I want.

EDIT: Hmmm something sorta like this I guess: https://www.taggtool.com/index.php, except more free. So I make it myself.
    Last edited by why06; 02-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Go to C:\Program Files\Documents and Settings. Then go in both "All Users" and your own user, remove every single folder/app in the "Start Menu" folder and replace with your new folders and programs.

If you do it nicely, you should have a Disassembler/Debugger folder ( CE,MHS,Olly,IDA,XEDIT ), IDE's, games, hex editors, etc etc..

No need to go through such trouble to organize yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    But it is trouble to organize myself, and the important thing is if I just add one new thing that doesn't fit in a folder the whole thing messes up. I don't want to have to organize my stuff I should just ask my computer what I want and it finds it, cuz its got the processing power do it quickly if it used the right method. A.k.a tagging instead of searching for a very specific name.

Not only that I want to tie folders to certain apps, so files are connected by ideas and usage not some arbitrary folder. So if I search for C++ compiler VS Express comes up and so does my Projects folders and everything. I want my computer to work with me instead of me trying to hammer things into shape.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

4. The Following User Says Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

Void (02-08-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    You're gonna have to give it a very big brain and dictionary and link-map :L

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Not that big, all I'm doing is searching through my own tags, I could understand if it was a huge database, but It's not. I can save the files for each tag. Sorta like the app I posted does. Then for the A.I. part I'll start off really small, simple things like learning which programs I use often with a certain relation tag, and those programs may be related to each other. Then after that I may work on a type of thesaurus extension which will search for related words. That's really all that's needed. Now if I have millions of files, which I don't then I might want to think about building fields to encompass the things with the strongest relation, but I think the brain only needs to be as big as the amount of information I'm processing which is very little. I could understand if the CPU was creating all the tags itself then yeh that would use a lot of brainz, but me helping it tag things, no I don't see that happening. In fact I shouldn't even call it an A.I.

EDIT: I'm gonna learn C#
    Last edited by why06; 02-08-2011 at 01:22 PM.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to why06 For This Useful Post:

freedompeace (02-10-2011),Void (02-08-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
    Not that big, all I'm doing is searching through my own tags, I could understand if it was a huge database, but It's not. I can save the files for each tag. Sorta like the app I posted does. Then for the A.I. part I'll start off really small, simple things like learning which programs I use often with a certain relation tag, and those programs may be related to each other. Then after that I may work on a type of thesaurus extension which will search for related words. That's really all that's needed. Now if I have millions of files, which I don't then I might want to think about building fields to encompass the things with the strongest relation, but I think the brain only needs to be as big as the amount of information I'm processing which is very little. I could understand if the CPU was creating all the tags itself then yeh that would use a lot of brainz, but me helping it tag things, no I don't see that happening. In fact I shouldn't even call it an A.I.

You keep getting into the same languages as me at the same time, stalk moar.

Thanks
    *Cough* can i beta it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post
    *Cough* can i beta it
    OFC you can ur name is whit and rhymes with twit. @Shaun can I beta it too?

[IMG]https://i186.photobucke*****m/albums/x253/Rypleys/MNC/biohazard2.jpg[/IMG]

MPGH in 5 words:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROProJect View Post
    1 in a million community

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    15 minutes task on visual basic ! lulz ... Nice idea, Ima make it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

Jason (02-08-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I've gotta learn C# first guys, no offense, but it's hell making apps in c++, unless I wanna go all command line.

@Hassan: See what I mean? That's why I need a new language so I can own ur 15 min code.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post

Bleh, I wouldn't use it if I had to input my own link-map / keywords. I was thinking that you were going to have some default link-map that your app would to return results.