Thread: PS4 REVEALED!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

PS4 REVEALED!

Sony's Playstation 4 Revealed!

You read it here first, folks! The Playstation 4 (aka PS4), Sony's upcoming game console, will bring along the next generation of video game systems with enhanced view and sensors for better gaming experiences. The graphics and processing power will of course be unprecedented, as we've come to expect with Sony's Playstation brand. The gameplay itself is also sure to be revolutionary. Sony has recently released some information about the PS4 and how it will work.

As you can see, Sony has unveiled a new look for it's latest Playstation, ditching the shiny black veneer of the previous model and opting for a more neutral grey/white color. This new look is quite stunning to be honest - it retains the style and sleekness of the PS3 design and still looks incredibly high tech, but the lighter shade is sure to attract some more casual gamers, a demographic that Sony will sorely need to cater to in order to succeed, as has been witnessed by the Playstation 3's current situation as the least successful video game console on the market, way behind the Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360. Clearly Sony has learned their lesson that they will need to chase a more mainstream, casual audience with their new Playstation 4.

It has also been announced that Sony will take another cue from the Wii and pursue motion-sensing controls much more seriously than it did with it's last generation machine. Rumor has it that Sony's new controller will take motion-sensing controllers to a whole new level - Early indicators suggest that the Playstation 4 will use a glove-like device that the user will wear, along with a motion-sensing force field, vest, remote, helmet, and standard controller combined to create a totally immersive gaming experience with as few buttons as possible.

Here's a look at the current stats for Sony's PS4:

Technology

Disc Holographic Disc (HVD)
    Audio Lossless 9.1 Channel
    Storage 250GB-1TB Harddrive, Flash, External
    Storage Speed 6Gb/s (SATA-600)
    Color Depth Full Deep Color
    Color Space x.v.Color
    Controller Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense (3D), Wind, Shock
    Internet 100 Gbit Ethernet wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n wireless
    Connection USB 3.0, Bluetooth 3.0, WHDI, TransferJet
    Display QF-HDTV (3840x2160p)
    VRAM 10242MB GDDR5
    System RAM 10242MB DDR4
    Release Date Late 2011

As you can plainly see, the PS4 will be the most powerful video game console created so far.

Another advancement that the PlayStation 4 will offer is the incorporation of wireless technologies to carry in the next generation of mobility. Depending on the distance between transmitters, power supplies, and overall goal, different wireless technologies will be used. TransferJet will exchange the Memory Stick and provides a speedy transference of documents to the PS4 from your mobile device at close range without requiring a complicated initial setup. Bluetooth 3.0 will also be used to bestow awesomely fast streaming of information to and from the controllers, not to mention audio and even more peripherals at close range, using a very small amount of power to safeguard batteries (just like the DualShock4 and QuadShock attachments). WiFi 802.11n will provide internet access or related access time functionality at longer distances using more intensity. Lastly, if the awesome strength handling limits aren't an issue, WHDI allows the PS4 to encode high definition images and sound data without requiring the use of wires, hence removing cumbersome wires from your QF-HDTV and kick-ass 9.1 audio channel speakers. Of course, Sony says that not all Playstation 4 models will have built-in support for TransferJet and WHDI, in an effort to expand their audience by making lower priced PS4 models available. These functionalities can also be used through the USB 3.0 ports and the HDMI2 border. Can you dig it?

One last thing that I should mention is the fact that the GDDR5 and DDR4 may be upgradable in the same way that system RAM on the PC is. If not GDDR5, then most definitely the DDR4 because the VRAM may get located into the RSX2 like how it was like in the PS3. As video game consoles move towards being more like the PC and the PC moving towards having more skin of the console, this may be an option in the PS4. The upgrading capability would not be a broadly advertised star (remember the commercial failure of the PS2 hard drive). It is there for some sport that want to impel the envelop for hardcore gamers but attempt having fewer advertise penetration, being powerless to run on many client's machines. This is analogous to the small percentage of users who upgrade their PC to the max to get better framerate or graphics on only a few games. Hopefully one day soon you may hold not only games for the Playstation 4, but applications that command a USB upright and mice, and you can program games or applications to sell in the PlayStation Store to earn PlayStation credits that can be deposited to your margin to make a living like on the PC platform. Given that, the Playstation 4 will likely be the most awesome video game system ever created.

(Not made by me just copied/pasted to spread the news!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitehawk772 For This Useful Post:

LOnE_WoLF (02-20-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    is this guy for reals

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    The PlayStation consoles, which are designed by Sony, are generally accepted as the best gaming consoles on the market and the countdown has already begun for the PlayStation 4 to be released. The release date for the console is estimated at late 2012 as the PlayStation consoles normally have a shelf life of around 6 years. The first console the PS1 was released in 1994, the PS2 was released in 2000 and the PS3 was released in 2006.

The PlayStation console has a fair few competitors in the markets and the moment, with the innovative Nintendo Wii which produces a gaming experience like no other and is very cheap. It also has to compete with its arch enemy, Microsoft’s Xbox which has always tried to match PlayStation in this market.

So what can we expect from the new PlayStation, PS4.

The games will no longer be packaged in cases but instead bought online which would make the game buying process more convenient and Sony hopes making it easy would mean more sales. Specification which has been confirmed include the PS4’s implementation of the chip which shall use 6-8 cores, 24-32MB shared L3 Cache, Quad threading per core, and a double precision performance approaching 200GFLOPS. The current CELL chip which powers the PS3 can achieve 15 double precision GFLOPS at its optimum therefore this means that the PS4’s performance leap would be over 10 fold over its predecessor.

Are you becoming excited about the prospect of a new PlayStation in the near future?
    [IMG]https://i1135.photobucke*****m/albums/m638/rayervaninis/Diablo3.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    dammmmmm i want it soo bad..
    how much will it be?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I don't know... Probably around 600-700 dollars... I found it on another site and I was so excited so I reposted on here. Message me and I can show you a pic of it. (Wouldn't allow the picture URL so I didn't post them) It looks smexy

I want this thing soooooo bad.... Lol....
    Last edited by Nitehawk772; 02-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitehawk772 For This Useful Post:

LOnE_WoLF (02-20-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    just go to the link in my sig but my brother asked the guy who worked at gamestop he said that it won't come out for at least 2 years because they are always notified at least a year in advance

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    they seriously trying to say that its been generally accepted as the "leader" in console gaming? thats bold and that we've tried to match them.... but with the news of a new PS means the arrival of a new xbox...better start saving.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    they seriously trying to say that its been generally accepted as the "leader" in console gaming? thats bold and that we've tried to match them.... but with the news of a new PS means the arrival of a new xbox...better start saving.
    yeah everypay check imma take out 50 bucks so i can save up to buy the ps4

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    no matter your console preference, its insane how much it costs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    no matter your console preference, its insane how much it costs.
    dats why u gotta steal it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i was hoping there would be a mic on the ps3 controller.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel™ View Post
    i was hoping there would be a mic on the ps3 controller.
    o.O its not a bad idea. i didnt think of it but as u look, PS3 well, Sony doesnt make profit cuz internet is free. Xbox gives free headset cuz they pay for the internet... so sony needs to find a way to get a profit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWebby View Post

dats why u gotta steal it
    im not king, hispi, obama, diista, or de la ghetto jk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Lololol Haha so try it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    When you get tired of spending money to play the X-Box 360 online, You'll become a PS3 fan. Just like meh.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitehawk772 For This Useful Post:

LOnE_WoLF (02-20-2011)