Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

possible new way of detection of hacks AND mods

there is a rumor goin around that Hackshield applied something to there code that makes it so they know if your hacking (we know this...the detour patching) and/or modding.

what we don't know for sure is the one about modding...I did confirm 2 patches back that uploader.exe makes connections to nexon when you aren't authorizing an upload to youtube. And some have said they have been banned for modding and had not injected any hacks what so ever...even a few have reported there game crashing from applying mods that worked before the recent patch. I personally have my game crash if i rez extract Worlds.rez and run it as a folder...meaning there is some sort of mod check goin on

think you can help the modding comunity and check this out?

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    That was the whole point of HackShield in the first place - to detect hacks -.-'

Now, to modding. HackShield does not do anything with it! I can tell you that for sure. If there are any checks, it is an internal game check - HackShield is not responsible (and will never be responsible) for checking the integrity of game files. HackShield is an addon, and it will never have the integration of something internal like a file check.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post
    That was the whole point of HackShield in the first place - to detect hacks -.-'

Now, to modding. HackShield does not do anything with it! I can tell you that for sure. If there are any checks, it is an internal game check - HackShield is not responsible (and will never be responsible) for checking the integrity of game files. HackShield is an addon, and it will never have the integration of something internal like a file check.
    i started to realize that about half way through pirates of the carribean 3 about 45 minutes ago lol

and as i figured, maybe that check is during the loading screen (if there is 1) just like the hack checker already there

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL