Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Highschool to College

Is going from highschool to college a big jump (regarding to the workload, like is getting an A in the course much more difficult than HS). Highschool is relatively easy for me, I'm an A-B student and going to college in a few short years.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    well id say yea. sitll have 2 more years to go though in highschool
    Still love you Giggletron

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swiftdude For This Useful Post:

Jenkees (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Im having the most trouble in highschool.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StayTrue For This Useful Post:

Jenkees (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    No its not hard at all. Its just really easy to fall behind because no one holds you accountable to your work. You either do it or you don't. You're there for your own education so people don't give two fucks if you do their work or not. Just don't flunk out.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

Jenkees (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Thanks for feedback I was just curious. People say that college is so hard and all and it got me worried

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by korshlov View Post
    Thanks for feedback I was just curious. People say that college is so hard and all and it got me worried
    Highschool is pretty much a joke. Even advanced placement or dual enrollment classes are a joke depending on what college you go to. If you're going to like a local community college, freshman year is like 12th grade with cigarettes. If you go to a big state university or some reputable school (i.e. Harvard, MIT, Duke, etc.) then it's going to be a huge change and their entry classes are literally designed to fail out kids who aren't serious. I have friends who go to both, comm colleges are impossibly easy, state universities are pretty tough, ivy league and the equivalents are very very hard. All depends on where you go, what you major in, and how hard you study/push yourself.
    Thanks for the sig Ryan

Gifts:
    Frostythesnowman
    EPK

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksaber For This Useful Post:

Jenkees (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksaber View Post
    Highschool is pretty much a joke. Even advanced placement or dual enrollment classes are a joke depending on what college you go to. If you're going to like a local community college, freshman year is like 12th grade with cigarettes. If you go to a big state university or some reputable school (i.e. Harvard, MIT, Duke, etc.) then it's going to be a huge change and their entry classes are literally designed to fail out kids who aren't serious. I have friends who go to both, comm colleges are impossibly easy, state universities are pretty tough, ivy league and the equivalents are very very hard. All depends on where you go, what you major in, and how hard you study/push yourself.
    Doubt I'll go to a big name school such as MIT and Harvard :P. Trying to get into an Ivy League though. Hope my SAT scores will be good

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    People told me that College prepares to for the work force while University prepares you for ... I guess more school?
    (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    fuck college join national guard

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyak View Post
    fuck college join national guard
    nty I'm not an adrenaline junkie

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Doubt I'll go to a big name school such as MIT and Harvard :P. Trying to get into an Ivy League though. Hope my SAT scores will be good
    If you want a tip. I'm assuming you're probably a freshman or sophomore. Work your ass off, learn everything, read everything. Don't play video games, don't watch too much TV. Take the hardest classes you can, study all the time. Talk with kids smarter than you, surround yourself with people better than yourself. Learn from everything you do and understand that it all works together. You're just a number to college admissions. My friend got a 1580 on his SAT (only between math and reading) and he didn't get into MIT, Standford, or Harvard. He was a professional level violinist, asian, president of NHS, had tons of community service and leadership. It's not easy at all. Nothing in life worth having is easy to get.
    Thanks for the sig Ryan

Gifts:
    Frostythesnowman
    EPK

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksaber For This Useful Post:

Jenkees (03-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksaber View Post
    If you want a tip. I'm assuming you're probably a freshman or sophomore. Work your ass off, learn everything, read everything. Don't play video games, don't watch too much TV. Take the hardest classes you can, study all the time. Talk with kids smarter than you, surround yourself with people better than yourself. Learn from everything you do and understand that it all works together. You're just a number to college admissions. My friend got a 1580 on his SAT (only between math and reading) and he didn't get into MIT, Standford, or Harvard. He was a professional level violinist, asian, president of NHS, had tons of community service and leadership. It's not easy at all. Nothing in life worth having is easy to get.
    Ouch thanks for tips *tries not to play too many videogames XD* (I'm a freshman). found it kinda funny how you noted your friend was asian when you were describing his qualities. thanks for the reality slap in the face
    Last edited by Jenkees; 03-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Ouch thanks for tips *tries not to play too many videogames XD* (I'm a freshman). found it kinda funny how you noted your friend was asian when you were describing his qualities. thanks for the reality slap in the face
    Sorry man, i'm dealing with a lot of this too ahahaha. The fool learns from his own mistakes, but the wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Just do what you can and do what you love, and you'll be fine.

Also, that friend made it into Yale. It wasn't his first choice and he was reallllly depressed about getting rejected from Stanford, but things tend to work themselves out as they will if you do what you can to help them
    Last edited by blacksaber; 03-15-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Thanks for the sig Ryan

Gifts:
    Frostythesnowman
    EPK

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    A 1580 is a garbage score on the SAT. I did okay and i got a 1770 on it.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    i got 0 on SAT's fml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast