Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Getting error 204? Solution Here!

Hey guys!

"An error has occured with the hack prevention function.(Error code=204)The program is shutting down."

This error is assumed to occur when Hackshield is prevented from accessing certain protected key features on your PC.
    There are currently 2 confirmed causes of Error Code 204:

If you have Windows XP/Vista:

Certain Anti-virus Programs (Avast in particular) are currently experiencing compatibility issues with Ahnlabs' Hackshield. Even with the Anti-Virus Program fully disabled, Error Code=204 may still occur.

You will have to uninstall that Anti-virus Program in order to play Combat Arms until Ahnlabs is able to correct this issue.
    (Please note that not all Anti-Virus Programs will cause this)

If you have Windows 7:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is currently incompatible with Combat Arms, you will need to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 in order to play Combat Arms until the Issue is resolved by Nexon.

Also, you may need to manually update your Hacksheild,

If you are getting frequent disconnections, there's a good chance that your Hackshield folder is not updating properly when you start Combat Arms. Please follow these steps in an attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Reboot your computer

2. Launch Combat Arms and see if you still get disconnected. If you are, proceed to Step 3. 3. Erase the HShield folder and all files within. This folder can be found in the Combat Arms installation folder (usually located in the C Drive - C:\Nexon\Combat Arms).

4. Download the new files from HackShield Download

5. Extract the contents of the ZIP file you downloaded in the Combat Arms installation folder. A new HShield folder will be created.

6. Run the game

If this does not resolve the issue, please uninstall the client and redownload the full client.

Press Thanks if I helped! (Hope this gets sticky :: )
    What is absolute happiness? If you don't wanna sleep, because the real world is better than your dreams

WOOT I AM NOT MEMBER NOW! I REACHED MY 150TH POST! I AM NOW ADVENCED MEMBER!!! I AM SO HAPPY! I LOVE YOU MPGH.NET!
    Download my injector, DarkSide Injector!

DO NOT CLICK THIS!!

FREE OPK, AND AIMBOT! CLICK HERE!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galamb98 For This Useful Post:

8339734 (08-10-2011),ColdSimon (07-03-2012)