Thanks

Galio - A good way to play with Glaio

FIRST: This build does NOT FOCUS on the TANK ASPECT, forget that.. THIS GUIDE.. focuses on the HOLY-CRAP-WTF-IS-THAT-FUCKING-AND-INSANE-DMG?!?!?! aspect. This is a FULL AP BUILD.

This is based on a mid Galio, but is also good for lanning on top and bot.

Summary:

Masteries:

10/0/20

Summoner Spells:

I prefer Teleport+Ignite , but Exhaust and Insight could be good too.

Runes:

Greater Quintessence of Insight + Greater Mark of Insight = +14 magic penetration

Greater Seal of Clarity = +16 mana regeneration at LvL 18

Greater Glyph of Celerity = -8,10 cooldown reduction at Lvl 18

Items:

1.) Start with 1x Meki Pendant and 2x Health Potions

2.) When you have 500 gold, buy 1x Chalice of Harmony.

3.) If you have enough money again buy 1x Mercury's Treads or 1x Sorcerer's Shoes.

Buy Mercury's Treads if you play defensiv.

But if you're playing offensive buy Sorcerer's Shoes to deal more damage.

4.) Buy 1x Mejai's Soulstealer ( You can buy it later too, but it would be better if you do it soon)

5.) At least buy 1x Rabadon's Deathcap

Additional Items: This are the items you can buy situationally.

And dont forget to sell your Chalice of Harmony!

1.) Rylai's Scepter ( For better survive-ability)
    2.) Lich Bane ( For more damage)

3.) Absyssal Scepter and Void Staff (Only if the other team has got or more +100 MR-Champs

Skilling Order:

Important things to know:

1.)

When you use your Ultimate Idol of Durand,
    you Taunt all the enemies closer to you and begin to receive DMG,
    and these DMG increases your Ultimate Idol of Durand DMG for a Percentage from 10% to 80% depending on how much DMG you received in the Taunt Phase.
    You can interrupt the Ultimate Idol of Durand whenever you want and do the base DMG (220/330/440 +.85 per ability power) plus 10%-80% depending on the amount of dmg received.
    This is an important thing to know, because you can kill the enemies before your allies do,
    and this is NOT a KS, because you taunted all of them and did the most of the DMG.

2.)

You can put your Bulwark on your allies when they are receiving dmg and with this you receive the heal from Bulwark.

3.)

You can clean all the minor jungle camps (Little Golems, Wolves and Liches) with your Q Resolute Smite + E Righteous Gust.

4.)

You can save an ally only with your presence, when he is running from the enemies you can shield him with you Bulwark (W), slow the enemies with your Resolute Smite (Q), and give the ally a move speed bonus with your Righteous Gust (E), and when the enemies see you they'll want to stop because of your posibility for Idol of Durand (R) them. Try to go towards them but just a little so as you can scare them as they will think you're gonna use your Ultimate Idol of Durand. Learn to play with their fear.

5.)

Remember, when you're gonna use your Ultimate Idol of Durand on your enemies you'll need to turn on your Bulwark or you will be fucked up.

Farming:

WE NEED TO FARM EVERYTIME WE CAN, with this rule we can REACH LVL 18 with a 3/4 lvl difference on the other team, and this HELPS A LOT ON TEAMFIGHTS WITH YOUR ULT. When we reach lvl 16 and the other team is STILL on lvl 12/13 we can RAPE ALL OF THEM.

So.. FARM FARM FARM, and when you are doing nothing.. FARM TOO, farm all the jungle (leave lizard alive for allys, and never do dragon alone, it takes too long)

Pros and cons:

PROS :

1 - We can warmup the teamfight with our Q + E and take down 50% of hp from the other team.
    2 - We can farm ALL with E, but.. in jungle we need Q + E
    3 - We can enter in jungle with no hp, and come back FULL HP
    4 - We can WIN a LOSE teamfight with our W + R

CONS :

1 - The ONLY ONE cons, that make this champ useless, is CC Counters like, Mercury Threads, Cleanse, Quicksilver Sash, Blitzcrank Power Fist, Garen Decisive Strike, Udyr Bear Stance, Xin Zhao Three Talon Strike, if the other team buy ALL of them a Mercury Thread, we are finished.

THIS is why GALIO is NOT an OP Character, because if the OTHER TEAM has COMMON SENSE, they can buy a Mercury Thread, and make your ultimate useless..
    Last edited by dat; 03-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.

I know H.T.M.L!

(How to meet ladies.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    mejai's eh....
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    What is up with people and mejai's... I don't understand people, and their builds are mainly practice feasible. I could see making a build that works specifically for games that are 20-35 minutes in length. Then making another build for extended games that go beyond 40+ minutes. Since you usually only end up with 2-3 decent items by the end of a game and you have empty slot, could be filled with items that are making slightly more difference until the game finishes or you are doing well and so on. I suppose there isn't much variation when using AP characters so much. The idea is there though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    late game dps will out scale ap for a fact so no matter what ap build u go u will get fucked if u ulti late game

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    mejai's eh....
    it's just my way to play, and I often get kills with this way, but if you dont like it... I dont care

I know H.T.M.L!

(How to meet ladies.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by dat View Post
    it's just my way to play, and I often get kills with this way, but if you dont like it... I dont care
    You probably haven't played with good people lol
    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    this ''Glaio'' build seems to be ok