Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Some question about the log files in the Vindictus folder.

There are many *.log files in the Vindictus folder. I know I can use a "*.bak“ file to delete all *.log files . But it's trouble. I want to know what to do to ban generate these files.
    Do anyone know that? Thank you!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    mmm well said, but i would have no clue lol

Thanks
    Take out NMService from the Folder. It'll stop making files.

Thanks
    If I take out the NMService , wil it have any error? Or What are the consequences after take out NMService?
    Last,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I believe some people reported the game would not start if any file was missing. The better thing to do is to just use Windows Firewall to block it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    nmservice will give you an error if you remove it or rename it (I recommend renaming it) about every 3 minutes saying "login failed." Some side effects is that you won't be able to see your friends list or guild, and they won't know that you've logged onto the game.

The lack of the nmservice file does not prevent the game from starting, but it does prevent the game from updating/installing (hence I'd still recommend renaming it). Blocking nmservice from the Windows firewall doesn't seem to actually have any effect on it: still logs you into the chat system and as far as I can tell I still have a load of log files.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jennyfonda For This Useful Post:

Corntoast (04-07-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfonda View Post
    nmservice will give you an error if you remove it or rename it (I recommend renaming it) about every 3 minutes saying "login failed." Some side effects is that you won't be able to see your friends list or guild, and they won't know that you've logged onto the game.
    Despite side effects, its actually a good thing because "friends" can't see what your doing, and in turn, can't report you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfonda View Post

The lack of the nmservice file does not prevent the game from starting, but it does prevent the game from updating/installing (hence I'd still recommend renaming it). Blocking nmservice from the Windows firewall doesn't seem to actually have any effect on it: still logs you into the chat system and as far as I can tell I still have a load of log files.
    So the error message is ignorable and doesn't do anything?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_dragon View Post
    So the error message is ignorable and doesn't do anything?
    It doesn't do anything, except constantly annoy you.

Thanks
    I've found that moving / renaming it AFTER you've already logged in makes it not give that error message over and over.

I'd also like to say that blocking it with firewall has no effect for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plb2 View Post
    I've found that moving / renaming it AFTER you've already logged in makes it not give that error message over and over.

Because after you've logged in the NMService executable is already in memory and doing its job. Therefore removing it from the HDD has no effect. Derp.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
    Because after you've logged in the NMService executable is already in memory and doing its job. Therefore removing it from the HDD has no effect. Derp.
    When I do it this way, I don't send or receive any "...is Preparing for Battle..." messages. I've tested it with my girlfriend sitting next to me on her character.

However, I can look at my FList and see what people are doing, and they can see what I'm doing. It just doesn't pop up updates on the bottom corner.

Also, any friends who log in AFTER I've removed NMService.exe don't show up on my FList.

I guess I should test this more. The FList randomly breaks for me sometimes anyways.

Thanks

could you tell me the way?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    I dont no... this might be the bait... i mean if u remove it... it might trigger something.. i say just leave it alone.. they dont rlly focus on vind anyway.. they are focusing in of CA hackers.. according the the block box vid 2..... we already hacked once or twice.. its not like yall are clean..... so u already took the risk n u no what risk it was... since u hacked... so there is no reversal of the action u took or the consequences that comes afterward

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    When I do it this way, I don't send or receive any "...is Preparing for Battle..." messages. I've tested it with my girlfriend sitting next to me on her character.

However, I can look at my FList and see what people are doing, and they can see what I'm doing. It just doesn't pop up updates on the bottom corner.

Also, any friends who log in AFTER I've removed NMService.exe don't show up on my FList.

I guess I should test this more. The FList randomly breaks for me sometimes anyways.
    you sure this works?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman265 View Post
    I dont no... this might be the bait... i mean if u remove it... it might trigger something.. i say just leave it alone.. they dont rlly focus on vind anyway.. they are focusing in of CA hackers.. according the the block box vid 2..... we already hacked once or twice.. its not like yall are clean..... so u already took the risk n u no what risk it was... since u hacked... so there is no reversal of the action u took or the consequences that comes afterward
    actually they have different teams for all the games such as CA and Vin
    [IMG]https://i46.photobucke*****m/albums/f138/gohan_2525/elfblogbanner-1.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast