Thanks

Thread/Post Editing After Deadline

Why can we only edit our posts for a short time after submitting them? I'd really like to update my old threads without having to post new content fourteen pages away from the original post. My apologies if this has been posted before or if it's a feature you have to earn, but I really think it's something everyone should be capable of.
    Last edited by Blitz; 03-28-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Perhaps, you can edit your Thread/Post for the next 24 hours. When you really need to Update one, ask a Mod+ to do it for you

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    Perhaps, you can edit your Thread/Post for the next 24 hours. When you really need to Update one, ask a Mod+ to do it for you
    Seems really unnecessary in my opinion, there's nothing malicious that someone can do two weeks after making a post that they can't do within 24 hours. Plus the "Last edited by [Modnamehere]" looks terrible.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzUG View Post
    Seems really unnecessary in my opinion, there's nothing malicious that someone can do two weeks after making a post that they can't do within 24 hours. Plus the "Last edited by [Modnamehere]" looks terrible.
    It's probably there to prevent both unnoticed changes to threads and having a user remove all his posts and the such. Just get the minion/mod of the section to edit it or any gmod / admin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
    It's probably there to prevent both unnoticed changes to threads and having a user remove all his posts and the such. Just get the minion/mod of the section to edit it or any gmod / admin
    While I think anyone who goes in to a nerd rage and deletes all of his posts is a total asshat, I do think that particular asshat should have the right to do so.