View Poll Results: What would you rate Crysis 2?

Voters
89. This poll is closed
  • 1,0 - 2,5

12 13.48%
  • 2,5 - 5,0

4 4.49%
  • 5,0 - 7,5

23 25.84%
  • 7,5 - 10,0

50 56.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Acinonyx View Post

wut does that mean?
    most people voted for 7.5-10 still
    That's what Crysis 2 deserves!

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i wrote a review about crysis 2 on N4G , but it didn't get enough approval yet -kids can't see through democracy goggles i guess- i will post my review in here if you would like to..
    Gifts
    My Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860@2.80GHz (8CPU)
    2.00GB RAMs DDR3
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
    ATI HD4670 1770MBs
    1.2TB Hard Disk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantazy View Post
    i wrote a review about crysis 2 on N4G , but it didn't get enough approval yet -kids can't see through democracy goggles i guess- i will post my review in here if you would like to..
    Does your Review differ alot from mine?
    And I don't think we need multiple Reviews here, just post your opnions

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    I give crysis 2 a good solid 5. A- they didn't deliver on all their promises B- It's not AMAZING graphics C- Bad console port D- Cheating is way out of control E- crytek sucks at fixing all the problems/should have waited longer to smooth out the game F- it's fun to play G- I think once Dx 11 better graphics options and the cheating is brought under some more control this game will be much much better
    If I helped you, help me by hitting that thanks button. Much appreciated!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Only reason i gave it anything more then a 2.5 is because the single player lasted longer then Homefront, Dawn of war II: Retribution and Starcraft put together.. which is epically sad.
    The game is so linear it's hard to get lost, someone here said it was difficult to figure out where to go?? seriously?! what the hell, you can only go ONE way and even if you some how get turned around, the voice prompts, the stupid map and the visor up ALL tell you which way to go, it's a game for 7 year olds in that respect, if you get lost in this game, then just give up FPS and go play mario cart. Graphics are another epic fail, This is a perfect example of iron clad evidence that consoles are crap: Limited lighting, VERY limited textures, mostly Nivida support so anyone with a much better ATI/AMD product gets hosed, ( thankfully I have a powerful enough graphics card to bully my way through the miserable optimization and only get frame lag every so often), limited animations and movements, limited FX's where do i stop, it's just limited.. to 2007 when the 360 specs were nailed down.

The reason allot of PC FPS game all look and feel the same is because they are; dx9 creates an finite environment where once you've pushed the limit, ( and everyone did 3 years ago).. there is nowhere else to go, so everyone has the same maxed out particles, shaders, lighting and textures.. and because EA was not happy with the 220mil they cleared, not gross but net 220mil, we the PC owners get screwed over EA/activision et al. are unwilling to spend the money to make a completely new version of the game? why should they when droves of PC owners will go out and buy the crap that's put in front of them? Oh we complain and call them names but really, they have your money, already they don't care, as a consumer you've served your purpose and FU.. As well all these new ' engines' that are being produced, except for the new Frostbite 2 engine none of them are built to service the PC specs, of DX11, multi CPU/GPU systems, none are built to accommodate the higher MP capabilities of the PC.. So I suspect that Battlefield 3 will be the first REAL PC FPS in over 2 years, that is specifically built for the PC with a separate version for consoles. take a look at the the first trailer for Battlefield 3, not the 30sec promo, the 3+ min video of actual gameplay, in some cases the DX11 and depth of power available to the PC make this game look like some of the scenes are rea/rotorscoped into the game and the big announcement is that Battlefield 3 will be dumbed down on every respect for the consoles.

So Crytek I understand you have NOW just announced you are going to make a DX11 version patch for Crysis 2.. but no indication of when and of course how much it will cost to install..

till then Crysis gets a sub 5/10 from me, on the merit of having some actual length of SP storyline to play through.. that's it.
    ---------------------------------------
    AMD 1090T 3.86 ghz
    16 gig G-skills razor-X 1333mhz
    sapphire HD6970 2gig
    3x1 eyefinity 5760x1080p
    Steel Series merc stealth & 3GC
    Tritton AX51 Pro

..At sea more then 1/2 the year without it.. LAME!

Thanks
    this game is stupidity with WH. and its the biggest stupidity without WH. i have never played worse MP than THIS. graphics is nice, but it was supposed to be awesome in DX11, not just this. so another dissapointment. for me, waste of money. ive got higher requirements, not just coppied black ops with stupid suit boosts. im really sorry i spended 25EU for this crap. i was forced to use hacks, which i dont use in other games, because every second "player" is hacking and camping in stealth. this game isnt relaxation after long work, really not. its just pissing me off. total fail, i hope that DICE will make much better game. these games im just throwing to trash

Edit\
    final rating: a lot of excitement for nothing. i wont buy another crytek game. never
    Last edited by Tomikk90; 04-09-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    i think you guys arent taking into account what crytek was trying to do.
    A- this game doesnt let you roam around, instead it lets you have about 100 options to beat a area.
    B- Yes the story is hard to understand, but your trying to save the bloody human race from aliens that have laid dorment in the planet for millions of years.
    C- the graphics are awsome, not the best ever but still pretty good
    D-the game is easier in some ways
    E- unfortuanately the game is not for just a fps fan, u gotta be pretty good at fps's just to complete it on soldier.
    F- the hand upgrades, BOY are these things epic they help you through the whole game, excluding stealth detect
    G- unfortunately these upgrade can be to OP stealth enhance is one of these, seriously with this you can go around a whole base without having to uncloak.
    H- the last thing, post-human war difficulty, GOD DAM IT no matter how hard you try i bet you can complete the game on this difficulty, in armour mode it take three shots to lose armour and then 2 shot s on you.

overall i give this game a 9/10 the game glitches sometimes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Thumbs down

pretty sure what crytek was doing was talking a big game to pacify the the PC owners to keep bad press down to a minimum. Then, do what every other game company does and build to the stone age spec's. of the 360.

You should not be happy with what you have, with MS and SONY trying to squeeze another 3-4 years out of the existing console base the gap between what is possible on the PC vs. what is static and has existed on the 360 since 07' is going to make PC gaming a joke. PC CPU power is already 3 generations beyond the 360 and graphics wise.. well you couldn't buy the graphics chip-set that's in the 360 any more.. it's bee out of production for 2 years.

MS has already put the brakes on any more Direct-X API's and none of the game companies will use Phys-X or Open CL, both of which are miles ahead of DX11. If your happy with this crap and most of the crap that's come out in the last 16 months then you might as well take a gun to your PC and be a 360 console drone. you'll like it better.
    AMD 1090T 3.86 ghz
    16 gig G-skills razor-X 1333mhz
    sapphire HD6970 2gig
    3x1 eyefinity 5760x1080p
    Steel Series merc stealth & 3GC
    Tritton AX51 Pro

..At sea more then 1/2 the year without it.. LAME!

Thanks
    in my critic to MP i forgot to single player. and there im satisfied. its really good campaign with nice (but not wonderful) graphics, enemies, story... SP filled my expectations.

so my rating:
    SP 88%
    MP 35% (because of great maps, without these maps i would give 15%)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123