Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

1. Old and new testament are same in validity. Sorry, but you had to have the old to get to the new.
    2. the NIV isn't the word of god? What? I'm pretty sure it is lol. KJV is nice and all, but i prefer the NIV since not everyone has english as their first languange.

YouTube - George Carlin The Ten Commandments Broken Down
    RIP carlin.
    NIV is a preverted bible, KJV is the only true Word of God for the english language.Research how they change meanings and wordings so the bible gives another mesage ,don't take my word for it get a KJV and compare it to the NIV.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon73 View Post
    NIV is a preverted bible, KJV is the only true Word of God for the english language.Research how they change meanings and wordings so the bible gives another mesage ,don't take my word for it get a KJV and compare it to the NIV.
    Every bible you see is a perverted bible, learn a thing or two about how books were copied in those times and you'll see how fucking absurd it is to think you have a copy of the bible that is somehow "pure".
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Who gives a shit that it's a parable? He's giving tacit approval of that behavior. Also you do not get to justify the despicable practice of enslaving human beings just because it's in your precious little holy book, not only are you making the claim that they were treated well which is completely unsupported by anything other than your word, it also wouldn't matter how well they were treated because forcing another human being to do work for you because you "own" them is abominable. This is a clear and present demonstration of the immoral teachings of the bible and it's saddening to see fellow human beings support this detestable religion.
    Once again it's a parable that Jesus spoke it has to do with those who miss the Kingdom of Heaven the judgement read it Jesus came to liberate the bonds of men not enslave them.The hebrews believed in it because it was the old testament and in those days people were starting to liberate slaves servants when Jesus preached the Gospel,That is why they are different letters to different churches who were holding on to their customs .But others didn't believe in having slaves while others it was custom to them.But as far as I know no one in my church has a slave.

Every bible you see is a perverted bible, learn a thing or two about how books were copied in those times and you'll see how fucking absurd it is to think you have a copy of the bible that is somehow "pure".
    Learn the history in how King James protected the Holy bible and made sure it was written right for the english language.The Roman catholics tried to pervert the bible in those days but King James had their number.Catholics tried to subsitute the Textus Receptus with the devils doctrins for the Alexandrian manuscrips.NIV comes from the Alexandrian manuscrips , While the only bible that comes from the textus reseptus is the KJV did they not teach you this in the theology classes.Or wait they qouted from the original greek interpritations that were translated from the alexandrian manuscrips.There is an original greek Textus Receptus but not the one you were probably taught in theology.
    Last edited by dragon73; 05-03-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Once again it's a parable that Jesus spoke it has to do with those who miss the Kingdom of Heaven the judgement read it Jesus came to liberate the bonds of men not enslave them.The hebrews believed in it because it was the old testament and in those days people were starting to liberate slaves servants when Jesus preached the Gospel,That is why they are different letters to different churches who were holding on to their customs .But others didn't believe in having slaves while others it was custom to them.But as far as I know no one in my church has a slave.

Learn the history in how King James protected the Holy bible and made sure it was written right for the english language.The Roman catholics tried to pervert the bible in those days but King James had their number.Catholics tried to subsitute the Textus Receptus with the devils doctrins for the Alexandrian manuscrips.NIV comes from the Alexandrian manuscrips , While the only bible that comes from the textus reseptus is the KJV did they not teach you this in the theology classes.Or wait they qouted from the original greek interpritations that were translated from the alexandrian manuscrips.There is an original greek Textus Receptus but not the one you were probably taught in theology.
    Hey bro, what does the bible say about pedophillia?

Ohhhh..wait there is nothing in the Bible that condemns pedophiles..sweet, so I guess it's alright to touch children.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

How cares about the KJV or the NIV both are based on copies upon copies of 4th century texts. Assuming a generous age of the original Gospels (somewhere about 75 years after the supposed death of Jesus) that leaves 300 years for copy-errors, mistranslations or deliberate modifications.

I think what is even more telling about that parable is that when given a clear and obvious opportunity to denounce slavery Jesus Did Nothing.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Hey bro, what does the bible say about pedophillia?

Ohhhh..wait there is nothing in the Bible that condemns pedophiles..sweet, so I guess it's alright to touch children.
    Luke 18:16But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
    So the Holy bible does speak angainst hurting small childern in anyway. Read the bible please don't just nit pick whatever you want.

How cares about the KJV or the NIV both are based on copies upon copies of 4th century texts. Assuming a generous age of the original Gospels (somewhere about 75 years after the supposed death of Jesus) that leaves 300 years for copy-errors, mistranslations or deliberate modifications.

I think what is even more telling about that parable is that when given a clear and obvious opportunity to denounce slavery Jesus Did Nothing.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "
    Now I know why your faith was destroyed in the theology classes and you are not the only one thats been decieved with these lies.But at least you studied the Bible and when things that are to come (if they do in our lifetime)I would think you will repent.
    Last edited by dragon73; 05-03-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Now I know why your faith was destroyed in the theology classes and you are not the only one thats been decieved with these lies.
    What lies are you talking about?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ its the same really. Different words, but the same end.

Sad that you are such a purist, yet you rely on a bible that has the same faults as the one you condemn.

Hell, i just used the NIV cus i like that one better, i can use the KJV if you want.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    What lies are you talking about?
    You tell me what they taught you in the theology classes,and I will show you were the lies are.

:/ its the same really. Different words, but the same end.

Sad that you are such a purist, yet you rely on a bible that has the same faults as the one you condemn.

Hell, i just used the NIV cus i like that one better, i can use the KJV if you want.
    Sad that You think that instead of quoting why don't you compare the NIV and the KJV
    and I perfer you to quote from the KJV .
    Last edited by dragon73; 05-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    Even if you could prove the existence of a god, they can go fuck off.

I refuse to worship any being that would allow the world to be so fucked up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Luke 18:16But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
    So the Holy bible does speak angainst hurting small childern in anyway. Read the bible please don't just nit pick whatever you want.

That still mentions nothing about Pedophillia Google boy.
    I've had discussions about this subject with Priests and Pastors,
    and if they couldn't weasel their way out of it you sure as fuck can't.

Learn to comprehend these passages.
    There is a difference between hurting a child and mollesting a child.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You tell me what they taught you in the theology classes,and I will show you were the lies are.

Sad that You think that instead of quoting why don't you compare the NIV and the KJV
    and I perfer you to quote from the KJV .
    Leviticus 25:44-46 (King James Version)

44Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

That still mentions nothing about Pedophillia Google boy.
    I've had discussions about this subject with Priests and Pastors,
    and if they couldn't weasel their way out of it you sure as fuck can't.

Learn to comprehend these passages.
    There is a difference between hurting a child and mollesting a child.
    then those pastors and priests weren't too bright or worded on the Bible
    Matthew 22:
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Can't my neighbour be a child with family.
    Last edited by dragon73; 05-03-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    then those pastors and priests weren't too bright or worded on the Bible
    Matthew 22:
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Can't my neighbour be a child with family.
    Yeah dude, my former Pastor was such a dummy with his Graduate degree,
    and learning the Jewish, Greek and Latin languages proves how much of a dope he was too.

Look how far off topic you're taking this, because you have no kind of answer for what I told you.
    There is nothing forbidding the act of pedophillia in the Bible. This can not be refuted.
    This is also why you see so many Priests finding this loophole in the Bible, and doing quite disgusting acts with children.
    So go on and keep pulling out these irrelevant passages to the subject we're discussing,
    I find it amusing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Leviticus 25:44-46 (King James Version)

44Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.
    Galatians:3
    24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Like I told you in my church there are no slaves so this argument is mute and outdated

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast