Thanks

After The Basics

Let's get right to the question..

After I learn the basics (C++ Primer Plus 5th Edition) how should I learn further?
    I know 3 ways that should work, but I'm not sure which is the better option...

Method 1: Make small projects that no one really needs but that help me learn.
    Method 2: Go to MSDN/cplusplus.com/reference/ and look through all.
    Method 3: Buy a book on advanced C++ (I don;t know which one is good)

I prefer method 1, but if the others might be better.
    You decide what one is better

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    What field do you want to get into? After you learn the basics you'll probably want to start specializing in an area.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Threadstarter
    Still a Cookie at heart
    Donator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    What field do you want to get into? After you learn the basics you'll probably want to start specializing in an area.
    I started coding because I was interested in game dev.

I'm also interested in app develepment, things like iTunes and google chrome etc.
    But I don't know any other area's than that except web develepment, and I don't really want that .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by iMakestuffz View Post

I started coding because I was interested in game dev.

I'm also interested in app develepment, things like iTunes and google chrome etc.
    But I don't know any other area's than that except web develepment, and I don't really want that .
    Well, you could get into Reverse Engineering and read the article a recently posted here.

In regards to game development, you could consider looking into the use of physics & graphics engine but prior to that I'd gather some knowledge in polymorphic OOP development.

What you really need to understand is that programming is a lot more about understanding and implementing design patterns than it is about understanding the syntax itself.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Threadstarter
    Still a Cookie at heart
    Donator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Well, you could get into Reverse Engineering and read the article a recently posted here.

In regards to game development, you could consider looking into the use of physics & graphics engine but prior to that I'd gather some knowledge in polymorphic OOP development.

What you really need to understand is that programming is a lot more about understanding and implementing design patterns than it is about understanding the syntax itself.
    Oke thanks
    I'll finish learning the basics and then I'll have a further look into it.