Thread: Ps Network

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Angry Ps Network

[IMG]https://cdnl.comple*****m/assets//CHANNEL_IMAGES/TECH/2011/04/anonymous-hacker-logo.jpg[/IMG]

On Monday, April 4, the mysterious hacker collective that goes by the name Anonymous sent an ominous threat towards Sony for abusing "the judicial system in an attempt to censor information," and for victimizing its customers for merely "possession and sharing information."

The threat read: "Now you will experience the wretch of Anonymous. Expect us." It turns out they weren't playing. According to various reports, the group is responsible for today's shutdown of Sony's Playstation Network and of the Playstation.com website.

The threat came after Sony decided to take strict legal action against hacker George Hotz. Hotz, known online as Geohot, is best known for being the first to unlock Apple's iPhone. He wound up on Sony's radar after he "jailbroke" his Playstation 3 so it would run unauthorized games and software, and shared the instructions to do so.

The Playstation website, which seems to be back up and running, was down for the greater part of the day. Anonymous claimed it carried out a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that brought down the site.

Sony would not comment as to whether the downtime was a result of the hack. When asked about the Playstation Network outage was quoted as saying, "We are currently investigating issues with Playstation Network, our engineers are working to retire and maintain the services."

Lol! What kind of idiots fuck with someone who can hack like that

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Anonymous supports WikiLeaks, and now Sony has to be involved with the US Govn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    The did it for Geohot lol
    They attack anything that goes against Freedom of speech

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    the hell is up with these people? i mean you dont need to pay to play who can be mad about tht???
    LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD ITS A PLANE.
    ITS AIRMAN BITCH AND IM BRINGING THE PAIN.

Thanks
    I hate them because of that. We couldn't play, and if you open the console it gets hackers. That's why I don't like the Playstation jailbreakes

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]