Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried

Arrow Logs... which and where?

The question speaks by itself. Which are the extensions? .log only?
    is it only the .log file inside the HShield folder or there is something else?

Thanks
    Wrong section
    I cant find a log file in my HS Folder

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    sorry for the wrong section, its my first post. Then which are the logs that I have to delete? exactly where?

Thanks
    Why does it matter? Do you really think deleting some error log is going to prevent anything?

Thanks
    SOmetimes its useful to edid some xD i am using aol to play vindictus so its every time random ip thats why i need to wait 10 min before using mail marketplace and etc after modifing log file i dont have that 10 mins ,,frozen'' time

Thanks
    I delete a lot of 'log' files that may or may not mean a damn thing. I've got a batch file that I run after Vindi every time. The only reason I bother is because about a month ago I looked in the Vindictus folder and found something like a couple hundred .log files totaling an obscene amount of my disk space. Nevermind the crap they keep storing the in the My Documents folders. Ridiculous. Nexon doesn't even know how to clean up after themselves.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
    I delete a lot of 'log' files that may or may not mean a damn thing. I've got a batch file that I run after Vindi every time. The only reason I bother is because about a month ago I looked in the Vindictus folder and found something like a couple hundred .log files totaling an obscene amount of my disk space. Nevermind the crap they keep storing the in the My Documents folders. Ridiculous. Nexon doesn't even know how to clean up after themselves.
    I find that extremely annoying too.

Just run a batch file or go into cmd and type:

Code:
    del "C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\*.log"
    Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Actually...
    Code:
    c:
    del C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\*.log
    cd\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\Vindictus\Report Error
    del *.log
    del *.jpg
    del *.mdmp
    del C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\HShield\*.log
    ren C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\NMService.exe.bak NMService.exe

9. The Following User Says Thank You to UlRRvtk7 For This Useful Post:

sdfsdfsdfaaa (04-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
    Actually...
    Code:
    c:
    del C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\*.log
    cd\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\Vindictus\Report Error
    del *.log
    del *.jpg
    del *.mdmp
    del C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\HShield\*.log
    ren C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\NMService.exe.bak NMService.exe
    Yeah. That's really complete. O_o;

But if you think about it, they have no right into taking pictures of your actual desktop or anything, since that's invasion of privacy. The last thing they'll be able to see is the in-game screenshot. And that probably gets sent before you are given to dialogue to consent you throwing your privacy away.

So deleting logs doesn't do much. :<

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    Yeah. That's really complete. O_o;

But if you think about it, they have no right into taking pictures of your actual desktop or anything, since that's invasion of privacy. The last thing they'll be able to see is the in-game screenshot. And that probably gets sent before you are given to dialogue to consent you throwing your privacy away.

So deleting logs doesn't do much. :<
    Actually, I think a while ago I saw in ToS it says that they have access to any files on your PC if you agree to ToS..which everybody who has nexon account agreed to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensou View Post
    Actually, I think a while ago I saw in ToS it says that they have access to any files on your PC if you agree to ToS..which everybody who has nexon account agreed to.
    Are you shitting me? 'cause that's not within their rights... is it? Why would Microsoft ask every time you have a problem if you want to send diagnostics? If I was a company, and I wanted to have as much debug info as possible, why not collect it automatically?

This doesn't make sense to me. >_<

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwar4ever View Post
    Are you shitting me? 'cause that's not within their rights... is it? Why would Microsoft ask every time you have a problem if you want to send diagnostics? If I was a company, and I wanted to have as much debug info as possible, why not collect it automatically?

This doesn't make sense to me. >_<
    2.4 Hardware and Software Access. You hereby acknowledge that:
    2.4.1 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, certain information about your computer or software, including, but not limited to, your operating system, identification of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP address, and Internet browser for purposes of identification.
    2.4.2 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, non-personal information from your connection to the Service or Site for demographic purposes.
    2.4.3 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, without limitation, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices to assist our efforts in policing users who may develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. The information obtained in this Section will only be used for the purpose of identifying persons or entities not in compliance or believed by the Company to not be in compliance with this Agreement and any and all other Company rules, policies, notices and/or agreements.
    Basically they can get whatever they want without telling you anything.

Thanks
    Believe it or not, that's pretty standard. ToS and click-to-sign EULAs are fraught with idiocies like this. I'll be surprised when I see one that grants rights to your firstborn child and your bank account number and PIN. Until then, nothing in these pseudo-legal documents is very surprising. ToS is at least marginally better as you can usully read those before you've put money down on a product.