Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

All About Killing Floor

About Killing Floor:
    It’s a co-op survival horror game. Up to 6 players in online co-op mode, or just you, on your own, playing the Solo mode. The aim – cleanse each area of zombies, in waves, until you get to the last one. The Big One. The Patriarch. Then exterminate him, too. Actually, they aren’t “zombies”. They are the left-over “specimens” from a cheap and dirty government program to clone soldier-monsters. The basic ones will just munch on your arm and try to disembowel you. The bigger ones were the first ones they tried arming. Nothing much. Just a chainsaw or a blade for starters. They had just got on to the chain gun and rockets when the government tried to secretly shut down their secret program.

But, in the typical way these things go, the program didn’t want to be shut down. The specimens got loose. No-one was left alive to turn off the specimen-cloning equipment. And now they are running amok. Well, some of them are running amok. Others are shambling amok or even jumping amok, but you get the idea.

The police were sent in, but that wasn’t even a challenge for the specimens. The first army units hadn’t been warned what to expect. The screams of “its got a bloody chainsaw!” over the radios probably didn’t do much for morale, as whole units were chewed up. Quite literally, in some cases, of course.
    And now, there is just you. And a few friends. The few survivors from the first police and army units thrown in. Of course, you can’t tell anyone anything, because that would be a breach of the Official Secrets Act 1911, 1920, 1989. And that would be a disciplinary offense. So just get in there and do your bit for Queen and Country…

Zombies. Lots of them. Big ones, little ones. Armed and Dangerous. JUST MAKE THEM ALL GO AWAY!

Killing Floor: The Bedtime Story

On the last day of August, everything changed in the bustling city of London.

A group of several thousand protesters were reported assembling outside the offices of a wealthy Biotech corporation called Horzine. The riot police were called in because the general consensus was that these protesters were the violent sort and needed a lesson in civil obedience. All of this was based on eyewitness testimony that the office entrance had been smashed to pieces. It was agreed that this was a poor way to treat the property of a renowned government defense contractor and the boys suited up, put their visors down and moved in. With a few armed Special Branch lads hidden in amongst them, because they didn’t want to miss the fun.

On arriving, the officers found the entrance to be deserted. Still, a gaping hole stood where the doors had been and there was debris, twisted metal and all the evidence they really needed to start clapping hippies in cuffs. And as though he had read the officers’ collective thoughts, one of the protesters emerged from that man-made orifice and stumbled up to them. It took a few moments for the screaming to start as this protestor, a naked, emaciated specimen, had sunk elongated teeth into the neck of the closest cop and was vigorously tearing off bits of flesh. It only took a few more moments for the Special Branch types to haul out their 9-mils and the gunfire erupted.

With the smell of blood now thick in the air, the rest of the “protestors” emerged from that wound in the building. By the hundred. They howled and shambled and moved as though they had some terribly important purpose. There were little ones and large ones and those with chainsaws and cleavers instead of limbs and in the last moments of his life, the police sergeant mused that it was a bit like staring at a macabre circus troupe.

On the last day of August, London turned into a Killing Floor.

Product description:

Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS taking place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these “experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out – they’re coming for YOU!

Key features:

-Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
    -Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
    -Over 40 Steam Achievements, including “Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and “Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.
    -Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
    -Solo game mode for offline play
    -9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
    -12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
    -Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
    -Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
    -Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
    -Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
    -Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features
    -Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods

The History of Killing Floor

Killing Floor started life as a mod for Epic’s Unreal Tournament 2004. The mod was first released in 2005 and has steadily grown in popularity. It was featured in PC Gamer and PC Zone magazines back in 2005, plus various sites across the web. A small core team, led by Alex Quick, kept the mod going. As with all mod teams, people came – and people went. School, work, life and being eaten by stray specimens all took their toll on the team. By 2008, the mod was up to version 2.5 and a small but dedicated and perfectly-formed crew of 4 people.
    During 2008, Tripwire was the first company outside Valve themselves to put out mods to their games over Steam, with the release of “Mare Nostrum” for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Given Tripwire’s famous background as a mod team, this was no surprise.

Later in 2008, Alex brought Killing Floor to Tripwire’s attention, with a view to moving it on to Red Orchestra and lining up a mod release over Steam. We took a look and decided it was way better than that. So, a deal was done, Tripwire bought the rights to Killing Floor, took on the mod team and set about prepping the game for a full retail release over Steam. Valve, as always, were hugely supportive and all that was required was an insane level of effort from Alex, Myles, Marco and Zynthetic from the mod team, plus more insane effort from the Tripwire crew.

Killing Floor was announced to the world through IGN and Voodoo Extreme and a new article in PC Gamer UK. The response was excellent. To quote: “you can never have too many good zombie games…”. And the rest is down to YOU!

Some Screenshots of the Game:
    -

-

-

Links:

-Main Site
    -Killing Floor Forums
    -System Requirements

Credits:

-ME
    -Killing Floor's Overview

Note: This game costs money, yes. It is worth the price, also you can just torrent it if you want to (PM me for that link).
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Margherita For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (04-17-2011),Disco (05-18-2011),Skyline. (04-18-2011),T.I.P (04-19-2011),Taco (05-01-2011),Zastava_101 (10-21-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    wow nice info man gj
    /thanked+repped
    Dicks, That is all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

nice job.
    +rep

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    nice job uve been repped .d..

Thanks
    did you know killing floor is the most gore'iest game on steam..?

nice info btw thanked

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    did you know killing floor is the most gore'iest game on steam..?

nice info btw thanked
    Thank you, and yes that's one reason why it's really good
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I want the game, but I'm not allowed to play rated M -.-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by sim_stapler View Post