Thread: Why like Obama?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

There is absolutely no difference between George and Obama. Both lied. Both threw money away like water. Both opted for tactical military action (whether by man or unmanned drones). Both violated the peoples right to privacy. Both signed a law that shits on the Constitution (Patriot Act and the NDAA). Both are equally terrible.
    And both are being controlled and have literally no backbone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (11-02-2013),Skipsy (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    obama is a tyrant

Thanks

There is absolutely no difference between George and Obama. Both lied. Both threw money away like water. Both opted for tactical military action (whether by man or unmanned drones). Both violated the peoples right to privacy. Both signed a law that shits on the Constitution (Patriot Act and the NDAA). Both are equally terrible.
    I don't think either of them were/are as bad as people made/make them out to be. George had Cheney and Obama had to pick up/deal with all the bs that's been building up for the past 2 decades/3/4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    I don't think either of them were/are as bad as people made/make them out to be. George had Cheney and Obama had to pick up/deal with all the bs that's been building up for the past 2 decades/3/4
    I agree as well, they're not the end all be all. I just can't stand when people act like Bush was worse than Obama, when they're at a level playing field of bad. Some of their ideas I agree with, such as Bush's initial reaction to the September 11th attacks (I do not agree with how he implemented the military action though), and Obama's health care reform (I do not agree with the ACA whatsoever, but I do agree that we need to reform our health care system).

If we can convince Democrats to stop being little leeches, and Republicans to stop being douchebags, then we can have civil compromise between the people to come up with the most efficient way to handle the issues.

Thanks

I agree as well, they're not the end all be all. I just can't stand when people act like Bush was worse than Obama, when they're at a level playing field of bad. Some of their ideas I agree with, such as Bush's initial reaction to the September 11th attacks (I do not agree with how he implemented the military action though), and Obama's health care reform (I do not agree with the ACA whatsoever, but I do agree that we need to reform our health care system).

If we can convince Democrats to stop being little leeches, and Republicans to stop being douchebags, then we can have civil compromise between the people to come up with the most efficient way to handle the issues.
    Bush's "You're either with us or against us" thing was dumb, and to be honest I haven't done enough research to actually comment about Obama's affordable care act. But if well informed publications like The New Yorker support it (I've been planning to read a bunch of articles for a while), I don't think it can be that bad.
    Jonathan Gruber, an M.I.T. economist as well as one of the architects for both Romney's healthcare plan in Massachusetts and Obama's ACA, summarized his stats: ninety-seven per cent of Americans are either left alone or are clear winners, while three per cent are arguably losers. “We have to as a society be able to accept that,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, that’s a shame, but no law in the history of America makes everyone better off.”
    Honestly doesn't seem nearly as bad as the Tea party/GOP are making it out to be.
    Whenever I see/hear critique on the news about the ACA, it's always by tea party members/GOP members. Really lowers the credibility of critique against the ACA to me.

I also don't know enough about Democratic politics but I do know that moderate sensible Republicans have all been pushed aside and replaced by tea party members. Nothing good can come out of the tea party.

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-per-cent.html
    Last edited by noob555; 11-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    Bush's "You're either with us or against us" thing was dumb, and to be honest I haven't done enough research to actually comment about Obama's affordable care act. But if well informed publications like The New Yorker support it (I've been planning to read a bunch of articles for a while), I don't think it can be that bad.
    Jonathan Gruber, an M.I.T. economist as well as one of the architects for both Romney's healthcare plan in Massachusetts and Obama's ACA, summarized his stats: ninety-seven per cent of Americans are either left alone or are clear winners, while three per cent are arguably losers. “We have to as a society be able to accept that,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, that’s a shame, but no law in the history of America makes everyone better off.”
    Honestly doesn't seem nearly as bad as the Tea party/Republicans are making it out to be.

I also don't know enough about Democratic politics but I do know that moderate sensible Republicans have all been pushed aside and replaced by tea party members. Nothing good can come out of the tea party.

Source: Obamacare's Three Per Cent : The New Yorker
    The Tea Party is just an extreme version of Conservatism, sad enough to say. I do not trust New Yorker Magazine, as they are a liberal-based magazine, which brings bias into the news. They only focus on the bad of the Republicans, taking every little issue that arises and finds a way to blame it on them. Meanwhile, when it comes to the ACA, the New Yorker is filled with Obama quotes saying "if this worked you would see", "if that worked you would see", and then goes about blaming Republicans for ever issue that arises in the ACA. In this situation such as with the ACA, I don't look at statistics or news from "official" sources, as both sides are bullshit. I'm actually collecting data from the amount of people it is helping, and hurting, with their premiums (to start off). The average I have is a 62% raise in premium rates, and a 14% loss of coverage altogether. The other 24% don't have healthcare at all. (all of those statistics are out of eight hundred and twenty two people I have collected data from around my school, which is a liberal arts college).

Thanks

The Tea Party is just an extreme version of Conservatism, sad enough to say. I do not trust New Yorker Magazine, as they are a liberal-based magazine, which brings bias into the news. They only focus on the bad of the Republicans, taking every little issue that arises and finds a way to blame it on them. Meanwhile, when it comes to the ACA, the New Yorker is filled with Obama quotes saying "if this worked you would see", "if that worked you would see", and then goes about blaming Republicans for ever issue that arises in the ACA. In this situation such as with the ACA, I don't look at statistics or news from "official" sources, as both sides are bullshit. I'm actually collecting data from the amount of people it is helping, and hurting, with their premiums (to start off). The average I have is a 62% raise in premium rates, and a 14% loss of coverage altogether. The other 24% don't have healthcare at all. (all of those statistics are out of eight hundred and twenty two people I have collected data from around my school, which is a liberal arts college).
    The Tea Part claims to love America but they are against Americans. They believe in shit like Objectivism and were started by the Koch brothers. Sure you can say that the New Yorker cherry picks at Republicans, but there are enough Tea Party republicans to engineer a government shut down. Not to mention that it's been in the works by the Koch brothers since the 80s.
    I wouldn't really call economist data BS because they are basing their data off of a act which is published to the public. ( The site still has some kinks to work out). I'm not going to call your data BS because I honestly don't have any right to, but it just doesn't seem rational to me that the act is really that broken and it's mostly the Republicans that are acting against it.
    Also have you put into account that it's mostly college students that are part of the 3%?
    Last edited by noob555; 11-03-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The Tea Part claims to love America but they are against Americans. They believe in shit like Objectivism and were started by the Koch brothers. Sure you can say that the New Yorker cherry picks at Republicans, but there are enough Tea Party republicans to engineer a government shut down. Not to mention that it's been in the works by the Koch brothers since the 80s.
    I wouldn't really call economist data BS because they are basing their data off of a act which is published to the public. ( The site still has some kinks to work out). I'm not going to call your data BS because I honestly don't have any right to, but it just doesn't seem rational to me that the act is really that broken and it's mostly the Republicans that are acting against it.
    Also have you put into account that it's mostly college students that are part of the 3%?
    The act appears to only be salvageable on a theoretical basis, as it IS broken in almost all rational and physical regards. My personal insurance premiums would skyrocket dramatically, yet still end up in a substantial downgrade of both coverage and an increase of deductible. There really is nothing 'affordable' about it, in relation to both the consumer AND the governmental funds needed to maintain it. Recent stats listed that approximately 3/4 of the current citizens registered are signed up for government aid, ie Medicaid/Medicare. The remaining 1/4 generates nowhere near the amount of inflow recquired to keep the program afloat. All else aside, it's basically doomed before it's even begun.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by -PoisonedG- View Post
    He's a good talker, his speeches attract people.
    Hitler was a good talker.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Because Obama knows that if healthcare everyone has a health insurance the prices of health insurance will drop like a motherfucker!

NewTrans.nl
    https://img.photobucke*****m/albums/v470/Chronologix/User/mpghKGB.gif

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by mheeniac View Post
    Because Obama knows that if healthcare everyone has a health insurance the prices of health insurance will drop like a motherfucker!

NewTrans.nl
    Exactly, which leads me to ask why the government would introduce subsidies for Obamacare before it was cancelled. Like seriously, our country is running historically high deficits which are projected to get much worse over time. So lets give 48% of Americans new subsidies to buy insurance! Does that really make sense? These subsidies are offered to Middle class incomes and lower so just expect how bad it would be.

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    2013 nearly ending and some USAmericans still think the USA is a free, wealthy and proud state.... I pity you naive fools

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPancake View Post
    HM i like him he's a good guy he has help USA heaps.

Bush Tried Failed
    Clinton Tried failed
    Obama Succeeded
    The Morel of this is If you want someone dead( OSAMA ) hire a black man

Spoken from a well educated person saying "he has help" lawligager. Thanks for the insight.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Cause no one is perfect :_)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm an Australian kunt but cause he's black he wins. Just like everyone said. He's black. GG.

Your blood will be spilled..

My Vouch Thread.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast