Threaded View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Talking Well, I'm using Xbox controller for CA and WarRock...

Well I'm using an xbox (original) controller for WarRock and other games (CA). I could post an how to if needed, but ya. I can controller my mouse and everything. I think it's pretty sick. If you want me to post it. I will.

---- edit ----

Gourav I know, I just didn't want to waste my time...

But here.

You need:

XBOX Compatible Game Controller
    Male USB Adapter Cable
    Wire strippers (and/or scissors, if you must)
    Electrical tape and/or heatshrink

'm using a Male-Female USB extension cable for my male USB adapter. We're just going to chop the adapter off and discard of the cable. You can use any USB cord. I used my I-Pod Cord.

Make sure you use the right end (circled in the above picture). We're going to do the same thing to the Xbox cable, too.

Cut the Xbox adapter off right at the base, leaving yourself some room to splice on the new one. Cut the USB adapter off at least 4 or 5 inches away from the adapter. Now strip off about an inch of casing from the end of each exposed cable that we'll be connecting. There will be a lot of thin silver wires and foil wrapped around a few smaller, colored wires. The silver casing is the shielding, but unless you want to try and preserve it just cut it away to expose the colored wires.

Using your wire strippers, pull away the casing on each of the colored wires to expose the bare wire. Now you can proceed to actually splice the wires togr.

Each wire of the USB adapter should match up to a colored wire on the gamepad. The Xbox controller has one additional yellow wire, which you can just ignore. You can use either heatshrink casing or electrical tape to cover up the bare leads. Heatshrink is more permanent and professional, but for simplicity I just used some electrical tape on each of the smaller wires, then wrapped up the entire thing tightly, making sure the bare leads did not cross.

You can see the ghetto-fabulous mod I've done above. The cable shown here detaches from the Xbox controller, which is why you don't see it actually leading to anything. Feel free to be as fancy as you want - some heatshrink will look nice and hold up better, so now that I know it works I'll probably redo the mod when I get to the second controller.

If everything went well, we should be able to set up the device and start using it. The first thing to do is snag the XBCD drivers you can download from here. XBox Controller Driver, and run the installer file.

Once the drivers are installed, plug in the controller and it should detect and install the drivers for "XBCD XBox Gamepad". Now go to Programs -> XBCD -> Setup Utility and set up your new gamepad!

Then download JoyToKey JoyToKey English Version

Then download My Configuration File For WarRock. Free file hosting by *************

after you download and unzip all of the JoyToKey files, make a new folder named 'JoyToKe' without quotes, and put it in C:\, so your new location is C:\JoyToKey.

after you have downloaded my config file, plave it in your C:\JoyToKey folder

now navigate to your JoyToKey folder, and right click 'JoyToKey.exe' and select Create Shortcut, once it creates the 'Shortcut to JoyToKey.exe' drag that onto your desktop, and rename it JoyToKey.

connect your Xbox controller via a USB(universal serial bus) port and wait for it to be ready for use.

double click the JoyToKey shortcut on your desktop to load up JoyToKey, then click File -> War Rock, then minimize JoyToKey, load up War Rock like normal, and play

Notes:
    if you see your mouse slowly moving across your screen, try centering your right thunbstick as it emulates mouse movement.

-=+Controlls+=-
    A = Jump
    B = Crouch
    X = Reload
    Y = Get into Vehicles
    Right Trigger = Fire
    Left Trigger = Roll
    Black = Map
    White = Suicide
    Left Thumbstick = Walk
    Right Thumbstick = Look/Aim
    D-Pad = select weapons 1-4(Up=1,Right=2,Down=3,Left=4)
    Select/Back = ScoreBoard
    Start = Quit

Well thats how you do that. Hope I Helped.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oneirish For This Useful Post:

[D]evliin (03-23-2009)