Thanks

My own quicker way of converting hfs/zip/hfs (FOR DUMMIES)

my own quicker way of packing/unpacking: the shortcut command line way

just go to the vzipflip's folder, create a shortcut of vzipflip.exe wherever u want (i got it in the vzipflip's folder ) right click the shortcut and into the "target" area u need to put a command line... so instead of "C:\FOLDER OF VZIPFLIP\VZipFlip.exe" u add the required commands that are mentioned in the vzipflip's readme..

a [dir] Copies all .hfs in the current directory to .zip
    h [file] Convert .zip to .hfs
    z [file] Convert .hfs to .zip

u pick one of the commands and then click apply and ok.

ull get something like this: "C:\FOLDER OF VZIPFLIP\VZipFlip.exe" a C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\hfs

so basicly when u double click the newly created shortcut it will automatically copy all the hfs files found in the "C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\hfs" directory and converts them into .zip

same sh*t applies for repacking them after u modified the containt (all or the only one u've modified), right click the shortcut again, change the "a" letter to "h" letter, except this time u won't specify only the folder of the hfs's path but the filename u want to convert back to hfs.

example:

"C:\FOLDER OF VZIPFLIP\VZipFlip.exe" a C:\Nexon\Vindictus\en-US\hfs\FAC6B533E4D245CE8B9A67DB1472B2B98F3F54FA_.z ip

(little help for retards.. whenever u enter My Computer and browse your drives/folders, at the top of the window u have an adress bar, instead of "www.mpgh.net" u have for example "c:\BROWSEDFOLDER" ... just go to vindictus\en-us\hfs and copy the adress link to the shortcut method)

*note that each time u are converting from hfs to zip u will get a "_" to the end of the name, one for converting from hfs to zip and another one for converting from zip to hfs. so after u are done repacking it to .hfs remember to rename the file (delete the "__") before trying to enter the game.

if this method seems too hard for u or whatever, u are eather too lazy or too stupid so u don't desirve playing with hacks cuz u will surely hack in public.

now, if u have some brain inside your box between your shoulders u would think... how the fu** do i look into soooo many zip archives till i find something readable/usefull/editable..

well again.. use your brain, use the search... right click the entire folder of the hfs and click search. in the search box type .txt or .cfg or .vmt. it will automatically find all the readable .txt .cfg or vmt files inside the zip folders

for the non editable ones u will see a comment when opening the archive containing the specific file u want to modify saying "extra_obscure".

for other stuff like what exactly u can do with the files inside the hfs's u have to figure it out on your own/do a search on mpgh.. use ur brain a little.

good luck

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdeadlyy For This Useful Post:

Bountygrime (04-27-2011),Hotsuma (04-26-2011),sephiroth30 (04-28-2011)

Thanks
    For single files, here's an even quicker method:

Save as a .bat file. Converts .hfs to .zip
    Code:
    path=%~dp0
    start vzipflip z %1
    Save as a .bat file. Converts .zip to .hfs
    Code:
    path=%~dp0
    start vzipflip h %1
    Just drag the file in question on to the .bat

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spoonstar For This Useful Post:

Aznnuts (12-03-2012),Cosmic234 (04-27-2011)

Thanks
    You forgot the Prompt us about clicking "properties" after right clicking... Still Helpful Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bountygrime View Post
    You forgot the Prompt us about clicking "properties" after right clicking... Still Helpful Thanks
    I guess he left it up to common sense.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karleo View Post
    I guess he left it up to common sense.
    I think it's fair to say that you can't leave anything to chance as far as instructions go when writing a tutorial here.

Thanks
    yep your absolutely right, i missed that one :P