- Hey guys on a quick note this is my first serious guide so any Constructive criticism is appriciated. All commentary will start with an astrick (*). With that aside lets get started.

Nidalee - The Bestial Huntress

Background:

There are few dwellers, let alone champions, residing in the blasted and dangerous lands that lie south of the Great Barrier. Much of that world still bears the scars of past Rune Wars, especially the mysterious Kumungu Jungle. There are long-forgotten treasures in these strange places which many risk life and limb to acquire. The champion known as Nidalee was only a young girl travelling with her treasure-seeking parents when they lost their way in the dense, rainy jungles. The jungle was unforgiving, and she watched her parents suffer agonizing final days as they fell victim to a mysterious and vicious disease. As improbable as it was for a child to survive in the inhospitable jungle by herself, she did just that. Her youthful innocence and a fortunate naivete caused her to appeal to the beasts of that place and she was taken in by a family of cougars and raised as one of their own. She grew and somehow absorbed the raw magic of the dense wilds, evolving beyond both her human physiology and her feline affectation. On one pivotal day in her life, standing over the torn remnants of a Noxian squad of woodcutters, Nidalee chose to rejoin the so-called civilized world, to fight in the League of Legends so as to protect the vast woods from both Demacia and Noxus.

Skills:

Prowl
[IMG]https://images.wiki*****m/leagueoflegends/images/c/ce/Prowl.jpg[/IMG]

- (Innate): Moving through brush increases Nidalee's movement speed by 15% for 2 seconds.

* One of the best passive abilities in the game because at level 1 you are the fastest champion on the map with the exception of a Teemo with move quick and boots.

and

<Hidden Ablility>
"No Image"

- (Innate): periodically gives experience to nearby teammates of lower levels. This is a pop culture reference to older ladies who prefer younger mates being called cougars. This hidden passive was mentioned by Riot staff in the IGN versus Riot Staff match video.

* Not many people know about this passive ability. Figured it would be good to mention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Javelin Toss

- (Active): Nidalee tosses her javelin, dealing magic damage on impact that increases depending on the distance between Nidalee and the target at the time it is hit. The multiplier caps at 2.5.

* Highest nuke in the game (depending on distance of course.) Extremely powerful early, middle, and late game.

Cooldown: 7 seconds
Range: 1,500
Cost: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 mana
Magic Damage: 55 / 95 / 140 / 185 / 230 (+0.65 per ability power)

or

Takedown

- (Active): Nidalee's next attack deals additional damage, then the damage is multiplied based on how low her opponent's life is, at the most the damage will be doubled. This attack cannot be dodged.

* Basicly a built in sheen but with conditions. The lower the enemies health the more damage it does.

No cost
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Additional Damage: 40 / 70 / 100

Bushwhack

- (Active): Nidalee lays a trap that deals damage over 2 seconds, reveals the targets, and reduces their armor and magic resistance for 12 seconds. Traps last for 4 minutes.

* Vision for 12 seconds and a scaling armor/magic resist. reduction all in one for that low of a mana cost? AND magic damage over time? I believe i creamed myself just reading that.

Cooldown: 18 seconds
Range: 900
Cost: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 mana
Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 (+0.4 per ability power)
Armor & Magic Resist Reduction: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 %

or

Pounce

- (Active): Nidalee lunges forward, dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies.

* As if they needed to make you faster. Now you have a 225 (estimate) unit teleport on a 3 second CD along with your prowl movement speed boost. And it has magic damage. I call OP.

No cost
Static cooldown: 3 seconds
Range: 225 (estimate)
Magic Damage: 125 / 175 / 225 (+0.4 per ability power)

Primal Surge

- (Active): Nidalee heals an ally champion and grants them bonus attack speed for 7 seconds.

* A massive heal that gives bonus attack speed. Best single target heal in the game.

Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 600
Cost: 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 mana
Heal: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+1.25 per ability power)
Attack Speed: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 %

or

Swipe

- (Active): Nidalee claws at enemies in front of her, dealing magic damage.

* AOE (cone) nuke.

No cost
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Range: 300 (estimate)
Magic Damage: 150 / 225 / 300 (+0.2 per ability power)

(Ultimate) Aspect of the Cougar

(Toggle): Nidalee transforms herself into a cougar; gaining a new set of abilities, 10% dodge, and 20 movement speed in the process.

* Grants access to our other 3 abilities which gives nidalee a whopping 7 abilities total. it also gives even MORE movement speed.

Each additional rank increases the effectiveness of Nidalee's cougar abilities.

Runes and Masteries:

* Now this is where the grey are of nidalee starts. This fact is because she is so great at every aspect of the game (Map awarness, Speed, Nuke, Constant damage, Heal, and Farming) she can virually dominate any role that she is assigned to whether it be Mage, Dps (Bad in my opionion so i wont be covering it.), or Support. With that said i will throw out some standard mastery builds and rune sets that everyone should already have.

Mage:

21/0/9 Masteries

9x Greater Mark of Insight - 0.95 Magic Pen. Per Rune - 8.55 Total
9x Greater Seal of Evasion - 0.75 % Dodge Per Rune - 6.75 % Total
9x Greater Glyph of Clarity - 0.055 Per Level (0.99 at 18) Per Rune - .495 Total (8.91 at 18)
3x Greater Quintessence of Fortitude - 26 Health Per Rune - 78 Total

Support:

9/0/21 Masteries

Runes same as Mage.

Build:

* Again the same dilemma arises when we get to the build portion of the guide. Because Nidalee is so good at so many different rolls then her build varies from game to game but i will give a general outline of items.

Mage:

Starting Item: Doran's Ring. * Health, Mana regen., and a little ability power to give your abilities a little Umph.

Main items: Rabadon's Deathcap * I like to get this first (After boots which are up to you) if i am farming extremely well. if im not farming very well i usually go for Guinsoo's Rageblade first.

Luxury Items: * you can get these in any order you feel the need.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Lich Bane

Guardian Angel

Support:

Starting Item: Same as Mage build. * Still an awesome item for the same reasons.

Main Items:

Aegis of the Legion * An extemely good support item i love this thing to death. After you build this (And boots) you should have a pretty good feel of what your team needs. Most likely better heals so take some luxury items from Mage's build and throw 'em in here.

Luxury Items: Same as Mage build. * These are also awesome support items too.

Strategy:

* This is where we get down to the nitty griddy of nidalee and here we will separate the bad players from the good. Here we go.

Levels 1 - 5:
During these levels if you are building mage you should request either mid or a solo lane depending on if there is one. Abilities wise i always think you should get to your lane and throw down some bushwhacks in the bushes if you are top because bushwhack + autoattack = rape. if you end up mid i would reccemend getting your Spear first if your pretty good at skill shotting or Your heal if you are unsure about your throwing skills or are new to nidalee, In the lane you should ask yourself these questions to determine which abilities to get:

1. Do i have all 3 of my abilites? if yes go to 2. if not get remaining abilities.

2. Am I getting raped or harrased unusually hard in my lane? if so level your heal as a priority over your spear. and never get more than one point into bushwhack untill you have to.

3. Am i raping or harassing my enemy unusually hard? if so take spear as a priority over your heal and you should dominate your lane harder than you were at the beginning of question 3.

4. Am i trading off blows with my opponet? or are we equally matched in a lane? if so switch between leveling off your heal and your spear. heal with priority.

level's 6 and above:

- If you followed my question prompts up there then when you hit 6 you should have a bread and butter combo for attacking enemy champions. first if you are attempting to gank right out whip a spear to get things started the farther away the better, once you have thrown it keep running and dont wait for your spear to hit i see alot of nid's waiting to see if their spear hit before they bolt in there. reguardless of whether or not your spear hits (which it should if you can lead/target correctly) then you can still catch them by surprise. once in cat form a simple but effective combo is: Pounce, Takedown, Swipe and chase. killing them with a spear if the get distance on you (flash). if your enemy stays to fight, no problem just once you do your cat combo get out of cat form and throw yourself a heal and procede to kill him.

- Kiting is one thing nidalee does best. say you are being chase while at about half health by say a mis fortune or some other squishy carry. get your ass into cat form and gain some distance on them. going into a bush in cat form is pretty good deturrnet for most people. if they persist and chase you then get a little more than max spear distance on them and get out of cat form and throw one (NOT IMMIDIATLY EXPLAINED FURTHER DOWN) this is the tricky part you must make a decision. if while your spear is traveling and hits and does significant damage run back at them in cat form and combo them for the kill. if not then keep running and if you get the change to throw another then take it and do the same.

- Once you hit 6 and you gain your ultimate your entire game should change. you should get into a habit of whenever running somewhere going into cat form and pouncing everywere you go. if your not in cat form while running to or away from a gank or teamfight your doing it wrong.

- Spear, Spear, Spear and more Spear. Always be whipping those bad boys out there poking (more like stabbing) the enemy making them think twice about running out there.

- Start to roam. Nidalee because of her pounce, Innate, and boots is one of the fastest champions in the game. you should be able to get from point a to point b in no time flat.

- BUG WITH NIDALEE: there has been a bug out for quite some time now about nidalee and her throwing spears out of cat form. if you are running somewhere or after some one and planning to thrown a spear as soon as you come out DON'T because it will go the exact opposite direction of where you clicked.

- LAST THING: Nidalee is a HARD champion to play and master. it has taken me easily 100+ games to get how good i am at her now. so if your going to try and main Nidalee be patient.

Thats all folks, i know its riddeled with grammatical error's but you get the gist of it. Hoped u guys liked my guide and if you did then a thanks would be appriciated but if not thats fine too.