Thanks

Question:How does Hacking work... and How are they fixed? (The technical stuff)

For the "fixed" portion, does just prevent access to the command that allows you to hack, or do you change the codes so that if it was attempted, it would instantly fix itself or render the hack ineffective?

I know hacking is putting in commands/codes in, but what does it actually do? Make the program do what you want, or just basically injects things in that isn't usually there?

This is just my curiosity, but I would like to see people's replies

Also, apparently i know some people who have been taking advantage of the hackers, and buying their items because its usually underpriced(for example, Dark crest helms usually at 4 mil[East], were sold by hackers at 1.7 mil, then my "friends" sold them at 2 mil-2.5 mil), and selling it for a higher price. Wierd eh?
    Last edited by bladeguy; 04-27-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Quick rundown on fixing commands. If a command is a dev command, you have ot have dev permissions to use that command. Impossible to get dev commands with public methods. When they fix commands, they add dev protection to them. Ta-da.

Thanks
    so what your saying is, they just restrict access then?

Thanks
    Essentially, yes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    However smart people like Hell_Demon give themselves dev permissions.
    [IMG]https://i464.photobucke*****m/albums/rr2/Wulfstan09/lanoire.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I don't get why he's so pissed off when the item creation was revealed then. Before, only a select few people had the hack. Now, only he has it. Isn't that better?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_dragon View Post
    I don't get why he's so pissed off when the item creation was revealed then. Before, only a select few people had the hack. Now, only he has it. Isn't that better?
    but didnt xproductions discover the item creation commands?
    [IMG]https://nesanik*****m/wp-content/gallery/nesgifs/mario-banana-fail.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    a smart modern virus will install itself instantly in your inner winows files, so if you remove it your pc is fked anyways... you could have keyloggers on you and not even know it, some viruses go as far as disabling your anti virus itself if they are smart enough, and most turn off your task manager and msconfig so you cant disable important proccesses to get rid of the virus. keylogging means the hacker can see every single key you type in your pc, all your passwords, all the websites you visit, conversations even credit card numbers... depending on the hacker's intentions an ability a virus can be deadly. downloading a file can really be armageddon...