Thread: Dubstep sucks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [QQ]?lol View Post
    @Cookie. I can't believe you de-repped me for that man!
    I didn't de-rep you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aishiteru View Post

All music takes both Muscial skill and Software Skill. Go into any studio. They don't use analog recording anymore. They use Pro Tools or Logic Studio. Even country Uses effects. May not be Autotune but they use effects. Therefore theres the Musical genius (Music Producer) and the Software genius (Audio Engineer) And sometimes there the same person (Dr.Dre, Timbaland, Ryan Tedder, ect.)

So saying some genre has no musical talent would be stupid because therefore it wouldn't be music.
    you're saying 90% of music is made by software
    how about the majority of bands and solo artists or just regular people out there that do have live acoustic songs strictly, the ones that lack the equipment to make software based music, the ones that have the ability to make software based music but prefer to use their raw guitar or piano or any other instrument and/or their voice. in most cases, the role of software for music like what i exemplified above or for like live bands are used for piecing together, not major editing, just recording and putting together.

in most cases, in most , definitely most cases, Dubstep is shit, talentless and all. just another 12 year old mixing songs. i did love that video alen posted which did open my doors up a bit, but slightly

good talent from dubstep and practically all of music which is basic knowledge...is when they make everything themself, they put their soul and heart into it, it's 100% original or a cover from scratch, or live beatbox dusbtep untampered only looped and using some sound fx pedals or other fx
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 05-02-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Longevity View Post
    Average dubstep "song":

"woooooomp womp WooOOoOOoOOOOOOOOOOmp womp womp"

5 year olds can make this shit.
    Average rap "song":

*beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *chorus* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2*

4 year olds can make this shit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (05-02-2011),Jabuuty671 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Average rap "song":

*beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2* *chorus* *beat1* *beat2* *beat1* *beat2*

4 year olds can make this shit.
    average indeed
    lets move into certain hip hop which is poetry + good beats

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post

you're saying 90% of music is made by software
    how about the majority of bands and solo artists or just regular people out there that do have live acoustic songs strictly, the ones that lack the equipment to make software based music, the ones that have the ability to make software based music but prefer to use their raw guitar or piano or any other instrument and/or their voice. in most cases, the role of software for music like what i exemplified above or for like live bands are used for piecing together, not major editing, just recording and putting together.

in most cases, in most , definitely most cases, Dubstep is shit, talentless and all. just another 12 year old mixing songs. i did love that video alen posted which did open my doors up a bit, but slightly

good talent from dubstep and practically all of music which is basic knowledge...is when they make everything themself, they put their soul and heart into it, it's 100% original or a cover from scratch, or live beatbox dusbtep untampered only looped and using some sound fx pedals or other fx
    last post. Just to let you know, these "Acoustic/piano" players must need to have some software skill. making a raw track isn't just recording and putting together. You must still know the physics of layering correctly and EQ. Unless you have been in a studio with a real Solo artist as your talking about, you wouldn't know what I mean.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    average indeed
    And certain dubstep is an amazing combination of different beats and good vocals. Not all dubstep is just bass being repeated all the time, that's what most people don't understand.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (05-02-2011),Jabuuty671 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    While I agree some Dubstep is a PoS, some of it is really good. A lot of the songs are completely original. I listen to those and I like it...
    [IMG]https://i1091.photobucke*****m/albums/i382/RianGrimm/drift.jpg[/IMG]
    From Vocal

Thanks

average indeed
    your obv just youtubing dubstep and listening to shitty kids upload shitty shit to youtube.

Real Artists:
    Rusko
    Reso
    Datsik
    Daft Punk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drtro For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    And certain dubstep is an amazing combination of different beats and good vocals. Not all dubstep is just bass being repeated all the time, that's what most people don't understand.
    I was just thinking about this right before I walked back to my computer

Dubstep is still a new genre, so of course it's gonna have it's shitty sides because it's potential is being unraveled day by day.

other genres. which are so called 'real music' also have their shitty sides, but because they've been around for so long, the good-amazing sides of the other genres have already been made.

Any genre of music can be good, but BECAUSE dubstep is still new, it has it's shitty. @Alen send me some dubstep so this opinion i state can change.

Music is an opinionated topic. @Aishiteru that's TODAYS style of music-writing. traditional and bedroom/basement-style of making it is less software based, but we're both wrong and both right. matter of fact we're all wrong and all right.
    because... Music is opinionated. i was so blinded by being boss man that i forgot about the true meaning of music. touching story *tear tear*

all genres have their ups and downs. our opinions will always clash but never get somewhere

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabuuty671 For This Useful Post:

Bandicoot (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I was just thinking about this right before I walked back to my computer

Dubstep is still a new genre, so of course it's gonna have it's shitty sides because it's potential is being unraveled day by day.

other genres. which are so called 'real music' also have their shitty sides, but because they've been around for so long, the good-amazing sides of the other genres have already been made.

Any genre of music can be good, but BECAUSE dubstep is still new, it has it's shitty. @Alen send me some dubstep so this opinion i state can change.

Music is an opinionated topic. @Aishiteru that's TODAYS style of music-writing. traditional and bedroom/basement-style of making it is less software based, but we're both wrong and both right. matter of fact we're all wrong and all right.
    because... Music is opinionated. i was so blinded by being boss man that i forgot about the true meaning of music. touching story *tear tear*

all genres have their ups and downs. our opinions will always clash but never get somewhere
    Dubstep isn't that new, it just hasn't been circulating among the mainstream kids. And I'm on my laptop right now so I don't have my playlists and stuff, just go either listen to acclaimed artists or browse soundcloud or something

Thanks
    Until you listen and KNOW about Rusko, You can't judge Dubstep. You can judge your artists you "browse" but you cant judge Dubstep.

Considering he does this, Invented his own style of wobbles, makes his own snare/perc sounds with his own voice, You can't tell me thats not talent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Drtro For This Useful Post:

Jabuuty671 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    bro dubstep isnt 1 hole bassline put together
    its 2 transformers having sex and then the audio is extracted.
    voila we have dubstep

or this:
    Dicks, That is all.

Thanks
    Dubstep isn't that new, it just hasn't been circulating among the mainstream kids. And I'm on my laptop right now so I don't have my playlists and stuff, just go either listen to acclaimed artists or browse soundcloud or something
    it is pretty new, i'm not basing it on a mainstream level but even on an underground level, wasn't it invented within the past 4-9 years? then it's pretty new lol, can't argue about that

Quote Originally Posted by Aishiteru View Post
    Until you listen and KNOW about Rusko, You can't judge Dubstep. You can judge your artists you "browse" but you cant judge Dubstep.

YouTube - RUSKO LIVE DUBSTEP 2010 - PART 2

Considering he does this, Invented his own style of wobbles, makes his own snare/perc sounds with his own voice, You can't tell me thats not talent.
    proves my point on genre exploration. sounds pretty good and i'm slowly getting convinced
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 05-02-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    it is pretty new, i'm not basing it on a mainstream level but even on an underground level, wasn't it invented within the past 4-9 years? then it's pretty new lol, can't argue about that

proves my point on genre exploration. sounds pretty good and i'm slowly getting convinced
    Well comparing it to other "classical" genres that's new, yeah, but you've got plenty of other genres that are just as young or younger

Thanks
    Well comparing it to other "classical" genres that's new, yeah, but you've got plenty of other genres that are just as young or younger
    i'm comparing it to mainstream billboard genres

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast