Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

[Need Help] Multi-Pointers

Well I guess alot of you know about my new trainer and that im workin to fix it i got some of them working through single pointers but the others i can't get to work cause i need to make it with multi pointers i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to make it through the multi pointers and ill give +rep and thanks!

I already know how to make level 1 pointers

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    isnt there a patch tonight >.>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by king.joker.9 View Post
    isnt there a patch tonight >.>
    nope i just checked the site

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by bartjr View Post
    Well I guess alot of you know about my new trainer and that im workin to fix it i got some of them working through single pointers but the others i can't get to work cause i need to make it with multi pointers i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to make it through the multi pointers and ill give +rep and thanks!

I already know how to make level 1 pointers
    Step 8: Multilevel pointers:
    This step will explain how to use multi-level pointers.
    In step 6 you had a simple level-1 pointer, with the first address found already being the real base address.
    This step however is a level-4 pointer. It has a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to the health.

You basicly do the same as in step 6. Find out what accesses the value, look at the instruction and what probably is
    the base pointer value, and what is the offset, and already fill that in or write it down. But in this case the address
    you'll find will also be a pointer. You just have to find out the pointer to that pointer exactly the same way as you did
    with the value. Find out what accesses that address you found, look at the assembler instruction, note the probable
    instruction and offset, and use that.
    and continue till you can't get any further (usually when the base address is a static address, shown up as green)

Click Change Value to let the tutorial access the health.
    If you think you've found the pointer path click Change Register. The pointers and value will then change and you'll
    have 3 seconds to freeze the address to 5000

Extra: This problem can also be solved using a auto assembler script, or using the pointer scanner
    Extra2: In some situations (like this) it is recommended to change ce's codefinder settings to Access violations when
    encountering instructions like mov eax,[eax] since debugregisters show it AFTER it was changed, making it hard to
    find out the the value of the pointer

Extra3: If you're still reading. You might notice that when looking at the assembler instructions that the pointer is
    being read and filled out in the same codeblock. This doesn't always happen, but can be really usefull in finding a
    pointer when debuggng is troublesome

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    bull sh** i use too go on the site everynight too check on updates never said a thing.. there too lazy dude they tel you when they patch when they have the patch going on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsicano View Post
    Step 8: Multilevel pointers:
    This step will explain how to use multi-level pointers.
    In step 6 you had a simple level-1 pointer, with the first address found already being the real base address.
    This step however is a level-4 pointer. It has a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer to the health.

You basicly do the same as in step 6. Find out what accesses the value, look at the instruction and what probably is
    the base pointer value, and what is the offset, and already fill that in or write it down. But in this case the address
    you'll find will also be a pointer. You just have to find out the pointer to that pointer exactly the same way as you did
    with the value. Find out what accesses that address you found, look at the assembler instruction, note the probable
    instruction and offset, and use that.
    and continue till you can't get any further (usually when the base address is a static address, shown up as green)

Click Change Value to let the tutorial access the health.
    If you think you've found the pointer path click Change Register. The pointers and value will then change and you'll
    have 3 seconds to freeze the address to 5000

Extra: This problem can also be solved using a auto assembler script, or using the pointer scanner
    Extra2: In some situations (like this) it is recommended to change ce's codefinder settings to Access violations when
    encountering instructions like mov eax,[eax] since debugregisters show it AFTER it was changed, making it hard to
    find out the the value of the pointer

Extra3: If you're still reading. You might notice that when looking at the assembler instructions that the pointer is
    being read and filled out in the same codeblock. This doesn't always happen, but can be really usefull in finding a
    pointer when debuggng is troublesome

yeah i already read that tut on cheat engine tutorial but its kinda confusing

Thanks
    if you are using CE, add a pointer twice, that means press the button twice. So it will look like this:
    First row, address of second row, offset
    Second row, address, offset.

[greyed out] [Offset2]
    [pointer ] [Offset1]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Quote Originally Posted by bartjr View Post
    yeah i already read that tut on cheat engine tutorial but its kinda confusing
    Posted this to ppl know what we are talking about =X

Quote Originally Posted by jerry0 View Post
    if you are using CE, add a pointer twice, that means press the button twice. So it will look like this:

[greyed out] [Offset2]
    [pointer ] [Offset1]
    I don't get it =X

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry0 View Post

[greyed out] [Offset2]
    [pointer ] [Offset1]
    nope doesnt work cause with the multi-pointers u gotta find the offsets a different way