Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Forced Religion?

Ive been thinking a little on this subject, from what i see christianism is a religion that forces itself on you with pretext such as "If you do not believe in god, pray to him, and come to the church 2 times per week you will go to hell" why is it like this? Personally im an atheist but by birth i am marked as a catholic, up to age 8 i was praying believing and going to the church 2 times per week but one day i asked myself... is it worth it? Im 15 now and my opinion is that i hate christianism i prefer buddhism, buddhism is something in the lines "Relax and feel better" where as christianism is "Believe, pray and you will be rewarded" i have a buddhist friend and 3 months ago i asked him if i could live in the temple for 1 week it surely was peacefull.
    And what is it with all religions? Do they really believe there is a 6 foot white clothed and bearded man up in the clouds watching every move and what we think? and ofc of all the people on the earth 6.92 billion... with this very "fact" that he hears, sees, and pears into the mind of 6.92 billion people made me think.... "Wow he has some concentration but hes stupid" If he created all of us... why did he create crime? why did he create "fags" and why does he hate them? And why did he create the devil or why did/does he not kill him?

Fuck this thread is jibberish and incoherent
    [IMG]https://lh6.googleuserconten*****m/-_myXf_zOlhA/TlbQ4o4JjsI/AAAAAAAAAc0/okuZvEYxxq0/s576.png[/IMG]

Herp-a Derp.

W.I.F.E

Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Faith is never forced, especially not in modern societies in western countries.
    You are always, ALWAYS given a choice. Even if you where told to believe in something, or you'll be killed, you always have a choice.

Religion is about believing, and obviously if you don't accept (believe in) God and hes holy son, you are going to hell - According to Christianity.

I can't see the problem in that. If they tell you: "You're going to hell, if not you follow the path of the lord" And it actually scares you, well that means you're a believer. IF you however think it's all BS then you shouldn't be bothered by it, as you're not a believer and their words don't effect you.

So the problem all boils down to IF you are a believer or IF you are not.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    Faith is never forced, especially not in modern societies in western countries.
    You are always, ALWAYS given a choice. Even if you where told to believe in something, or you'll be killed, you always have a choice.

Religion is about believing, and obviously if you don't accept (believe in) God and hes holy son, you are going to hell - According to Christianity.

I can't see the problem in that. If they tell you: "You're going to hell, if not you follow the path of the lord" And it actually scares you, well that means you're a believer. IF you however think it's all BS then you shouldn't be bothered by it, as you're not a believer and their words don't effect you.

So the problem all boils down to IF you are a believer or IF you are not.
    i actually think its BS big big big BS...
    christianity is like.... being a hostage and if you dont obey the criminals you will be killed as in christianity obey = faith \ death=hell

btw how old are you?
    [IMG]https://lh6.googleuserconten*****m/-_myXf_zOlhA/TlbQ4o4JjsI/AAAAAAAAAc0/okuZvEYxxq0/s576.png[/IMG]

Herp-a Derp.

W.I.F.E

Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by CCrow View Post
    i actually think its BS big big big BS...
    christianity is like.... being a hostage and if you dont obey the criminals you will be killed as in christianity obey = faith \ death=hell

btw how old are you?
    OK. What you just said is that you're clearly NOT a believer, and that their ideas do not in anyway bother you, as you don't believe in them. If however I'm wrong, and you DO indeed get pissed by their words, then all i can say is GROW THE FUCK UP!

People like you are given to much freedom. I'm sure you never listen to your parents either, do you? Freedom does NOT exist. It's merely a white sheet hiding your sight from the reality. You cannot take your own choices in life. You do HAVE to work, you do HAVE to pay taxes, list goes on.

Why would you know my age?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Religion is never forced, choose yourself, no one says when you are born catholic, you must be a catholic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    OK. What you just said is that you're clearly NOT a believer, and that their ideas do not in anyway bother you, as you don't believe in them. If however I'm wrong, and you DO indeed get pissed by their words, then all i can say is GROW THE FUCK UP!

People like you are given to much freedom. I'm sure you never listen to your parents either, do you? Freedom does NOT exist. It's merely a white sheet hiding your sight from the reality. You cannot take your own choices in life. You do HAVE to work, you do HAVE to pay taxes, list goes on.

You start bashing me on a fact which you do not know is true and tell me to grow the fuck up? You sir are an imbecile.
    And yes! i never listen to my parents as i dont have them.
    Last edited by CCrow; 05-25-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Herp-a Derp.

W.I.F.E

Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

You're a dickhead..all he did was state an opinion and you get all raged and swear at him.
    Maybe you're the one that should be growing up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Did not read more than 2 lines, complete bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bones Brook View Post
    Did not read more than 2 lines, complete bullshit.
    i didnt even read 1 word, complete bullshit

Herp-a Derp.

W.I.F.E

Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You start bashing me on a fact which you do not know is true and tell me to grow the fuck up? You sir are an imbecile.
    And yes! i never listen to my parents as i dont have them.
    When you grow up, will your parents fade away? or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Everyone has parents, Kids, Growups, EVERY FUCKING ONE.

When you reach the age of 18 (Meaning you're legally an adult) you still have parents....Even adopted people, have parents....

Yes, even if your parents are dead, you still have them....

Maybe you should argument against me, instead of pointing the obvious out. The fact that I'm bashing you on the base of your ridiculous argument.

(Sorry if i sounded a tad harsh in my previous posts, I'm tired and when so i tend to be irritated by meaningless threads and posts.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    When you grow up, will your parents fade away? or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

When you reach the age of 18 (Meaning you're legally an adult) you still have parents....Even adopted people, have parents....

Maybe you should argument against me, instead of pointing the obvious out. The fact that I'm bashing you on the base of your ridiculous argument.

(Sorry if i sounded a tad harsh in my previous posts, I'm tired and when so i tend to be irritated by meaningless threads and posts.)
    Yes.... they are dead, died 1 year ago.

Herp-a Derp.

W.I.F.E

Willing
    Intelligent
    Female
    Elite-sandvichmaker

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Now you know how we feel when we read pretty much all of your posts.
    Nothing new there though..right?

Thanks
    Actually not all religions are forced

As in Quran god said

"There is no compulsion in religion"

By the way , You in life is like a farmer growing his land , first he put the seeds and keep watering it till it grows.. and then he eats the crop

another guy , didn't water his seeds , the seeds didn't grow up , so he lived hungry

you are not forced to do anything if you don't want to escape from hell .. .
    Last edited by ShadeyZzZz; 05-25-2011 at 01:00 PM.

R.I.P 346

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ive been thinking a little on this subject, from what i see christianism is a religion that forces itself on you with pretext such as "If you do not believe in god, pray to him, and come to the church 2 times per week you will go to hell" why is it like this? Personally im an atheist but by birth i am marked as a catholic, up to age 8 i was praying believing and going to the church 2 times per week but one day i asked myself... is it worth it? Im 15 now and my opinion is that i hate christianism i prefer buddhism, buddhism is something in the lines "Relax and feel better" where as christianism is "Believe, pray and you will be rewarded" i have a buddhist friend and 3 months ago i asked him if i could live in the temple for 1 week it surely was peacefull.
    And what is it with all religions? Do they really believe there is a 6 foot white clothed and bearded man up in the clouds watching every move and what we think? and ofc of all the people on the earth 6.92 billion... with this very "fact" that he hears, sees, and pears into the mind of 6.92 billion people made me think.... "Wow he has some concentration but hes stupid" If he created all of us... why did he create crime? why did he create "fags" and why does he hate them? And why did he create the devil or why did/does he not kill him?

Fuck this thread is jibberish and incoherent
    Religion isn't forced on you by core concepts, its only forced on you by people. For the most part, religion says "be good on to others", then if someone ask why? You gotta say "well bad things will happen when you die".

IF they had no answer as to why, people wouldn't do it.
    -----------------------------------------------------

God, in any religion, did not create crime, does not hate fags, and the devil suits a purpose.

Its called free will. In the same sense as creating does not mean you control the absolute use of an item.

If god creates man, gives man free will, then man must make his own choices. Crime is one of those choices, so is hating fags. :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by $haDe$'$ Alt View Post
    Actually not all religions are forced

As in Quran god said

"There is no compulsion in religion"

By the way , You in life is like a farmer growing his land , first he put the seeds and keep watering it till it grows.. and then he eats the crop

another guy , didn't water his seeds , the seeds didn't grow up , so he lived hungry

you are not forced to do anything if you don't want to escape from hell .. .
    It's actually my understanding that children are born into Islam, according to the Quran. (Book 033, Hadith Number 6423)

The reason behind this is so that children who did not live until they reached the age of reason could go into Heaven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast