Thread: Grandma fell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Grandma fell

I went to this girl yesterday who lives like 2 streets a way, and on the way I saw a grandma felling.
    I did not help her, I just walked past her while she asked me for help.

Anyone wants me to explain why?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    YES PLEASE
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    @Doc I'll do it but only because I love you.

Everything we do, we do for ourself, not for other people. If you help a friend with their homework, you do it because it gives you a nice feeling. You rep other people on MPGH. Not for them, but because you want rep back or you think they'll like you better (so they'll do stuff for you in the future or you can have fun with them).
    It's the same with helping a grandma.

Because I fully believe in this, I don't even get the nice feeling anymore if I help people because I know I'm doing it for myself, not for the other person.
    So yeah.. Thinking too much made me a dick.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dead Bones Brook For This Useful Post:

Parade (05-28-2011),Stevenom (05-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bones Brook View Post

Everything we do, we do for ourself, not for other people. If you help a friend with their homework, you do it because it gives you a nice feeling. You rep other people on MPGH. Not for them, but because you want rep back or you think they'll like you better (so they'll do stuff for you in the future or you can have fun with them).

Because I fully believe in this, I don't even get the nice feeling anymore if I help people because I know I'm doing it for myself, not for the other person.
    I know how you feel. I try to befriend people not because they need a friend but because I get off on being popular. In all honesty, nearly everything I do is selfish. It's very hard to be completely selfless, there's always going to be a part of you that will enjoy helping people, and that joy alone is selfish
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I know how you feel. I try to befriend people not because they need a friend but because I get off on being popular. In all honesty, nearly everything I do is selfish. It's very hard to be completely selfless, there's always going to be a part of you that will enjoy helping people, and that joy alone is selfish
    "In all honesty, nearly everything I do is selfish."

naw.. Not nearly everything.
    I think literally everything you do is selfish.
    Even with a gf, you do shit for her because you want to be together with her.
    Because YOU want to be together with her.

This is kind of a problem though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    "In all honesty, nearly everything I do is selfish."

naw.. Not nearly everything.
    I think literally everything you do is selfish.
    Even with a gf, you do shit for her because you want to be together with her.
    Because YOU want to be together with her.

This is kind of a problem though.
    I guess that is just survival instincts impacting on every aspect of our lives. Much like animals do anything to survive, because it is rather easy for us to survive, we will do anything to better our own lives.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

You're right. I've been saying this* ever since i were little. People called me stupid and looked at me like i were an idiot, but it's true.

Everything we do, we do for ourselves. When we help someone we do it because we dislike the feeling of empathy, that feeling which drives us to helping people i need. Feelings are a human weakness. Still, empathy is a human +. You wouldn't like lying on the floor half dead and people just walked by laughing or minding their own business, would you? No, there for it's good to help others, as we can expect it back. When you're little and you see others helping others, you learn from it, and so it will be forever.

If no one would be helping others, the world would be a hell hole for every each one of us.
    Those who had power would be the only one with good lives. Today, you can be poor and still have a good life.
    Last edited by VirtualDUDE; 05-26-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    You're right. I've been saying this* ever since i were little. People called me stupid and looked at me like i were an idiot, but it's true.

Everything we do, we do for ourselves. When we help someone we do it because we dislike the feeling of empathy, that feeling which drives us to helping people i need. Feelings are a human weakness. Still, empathy is a human +. You wouldn't like lying on the floor half dead and people just walked by laughing or minding their own business, would you? No, there for it's good to help others, as we can expect it back. When you're little and you see others helping others, you learn from it, and so it will be forever.

If no one would be helping others, the world would be a hell hole for every each one of us.
    Those who had power would be the only one with good lives. Today, you can be poor and still have a good life.
    Actually I view feelings as a strength seeing as though it is what compels us to do certain things, whether it be getting a good career, finding someone to love, or simply stopping yourself from touching hot things. I don't see how feelings are a weakness.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Actually I view feelings as a strength seeing as though it is what compels us to do certain things, whether it be getting a good career, finding someone to love, or simply stopping yourself from touching hot things. I don't see how feelings are a weakness.
    And yet again, what is loving? Loving is merely a feeling that keeps us from raping whom ever we might find attractive, and why do we find people attractive? because our biological clock is ticking (Meaning we're fully developed to have sex) telling us to reproduce. It's all about what we were created to do. As sad as it might be, there's nothing intelligent about "Loving.

About careers, well they're merely building blocks in our society. They're to keep us busy, to "make-sure" our nation, country, can grow bigger.

There are two different kinds of feelings, the physical stimulation generated by our nerves(-> brain) and the mental feeling generated by our mind, which is our brain. So saying feelings keeps us from touching hot things, is wrong.
    It's our functional brain telling us not to do curtain things, because we're programmed to learn from bad events and obviously use our logic. As a child we make mistakes, and so we improve on ourselves. A Robot is static, while a Human is dynamic, get my point?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    And yet again, what is loving? Loving is merely a feeling that keeps us from raping whom ever we might find attractive, and why do we find people attractive? because our biological clock is ticking (Meaning we're fully developed to have sex) telling us to reproduce. It's all about what we were created to do. As sad as it might be, there's nothing intelligent about "Loving.

About careers, well they're merely building blocks in our society. They're to keep us busy, to "make-sure" our nation, country, can grow bigger.

There are two different kinds of feelings, the physical stimulation generated by our nerves(-> brain) and the mental feeling generated by our mind, which is our brain. So saying feelings keeps us from touching hot things, is wrong.
    It's our functional brain telling us not to do curtain things, because we're programmed to learn from bad events and obviously use our logic. As a child we make mistakes, and so we improve on ourselves. A Robot is static, while a Human is dynamic, get my point?
    Something is wrong with you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Actually a feeling is a sensation. So they aren't different, they are one and the same. All sensations are generated from the mind, you think some sensations come from your hand and some are from your foot when in reality it is just your brain telling you where something went wrong causing an instinctive reaction to pull away.

Also you need to research before you make ridiculous claims. Love isn't just a past-time thing. And mating isn't our main drive.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

@Dead Bones Brook

Well the phrase i think most suits this is "I do what i want" when in everything, people do that.

But the thing is, even if you are selfish, you still help the other person. In my honest opinion, the outcome is all that matters to others. If you only saved a kids life to be known as a hero, it really doesn't matter, you saved a kids life.
    Last edited by Empire; 05-26-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I help people because I love everyone in the whole world.

Thanks
    HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omfg.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNoxifieD View Post
    HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omfg.
    Care to elaborate, what's so funny?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast