Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Those who believe in Heaven

I am not trying to start a Religious debate here, But I have a real question.

Supposedly you are not supposed to have worldy worries in Heaven, correct?

So what if you are married, and your spouse dies, but then you get remarried.
    When your other spouse and yourself die, who do you end up with? Your first or second spouse?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Rules don't apply.

Think of heaven as w/e the hell you want, happens.

Fucking retards get stuck up on semantics.

Thanks
    @Empire
    What are you talking about?
    I was simply asking a question on what you guys think...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I think that heaven is w/e the hell you want it to be.

Bothering/worrying about petty shit like this, when it hasn't even happened to you is pointless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I think that heaven is w/e the hell you want it to be.

Bothering/worrying about petty shit like this, when it hasn't even happened to you is pointless.
    He should watch American Dad's Rapture episode.
    Heaven is what you imagine it be.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    God. Another example of countries with fucked up religion teachers.
    You don't go to heaven with your wife, nor your belongings -.-
    Heaven is the place were your soul returns to, if the sins you have committed, are redeemed.

The version you see of heaven, in TV is NOT the correct interpretation of the actual place. It's merely the media fucking with peoples believes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    have a look at @Super Martin his signature

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    have a look at @Super Martin his signature
    Putting a picture in your signature trying to disprove of God proves only that you're an Atheist - Someone who believes in Scientific "Facts" Yet you don't even have a clue what they are.
    BTW the text was copied from a famous poets saying.

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Why does everybody keep Mentioning me because of my signature.
    I liked the guy his beard - that's all.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Martin View Post
    Why does everybody keep Mentioning me because of my signature.
    I liked the guy his beard - that's all.
    Nice beard...........

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I believe in God. For all of you guys who believe in scinece, Jesus and Science

Read this artic;e, jesus and science are entwined

Firstky, neither, as both are do not believe in Jesus with all their heart (assuming that they aren't eith Jesus, and you are)
    Last edited by ¥øµñg&Ðång£r; 05-29-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanashte View Post
    I believe in God. For all of you guys who believe in scinece, Jesus and Science

Read this artic;e, jesus and science are entwined

Firstky, neither, as both are do not believe in Jesus with all their heart (assuming that they aren't eith Jesus, and you are)
    That second sentence is like nails on a chalkboard, so let me begin with that. Science does not require 'belief'. Science is based on the aggregation of observations in the natural world and it is not biased or partial to any ideology, or at least not on purpose. It is the act of posing queries and verifying their veracity. Anyone equipped to do so can verify claims by other scientists should their credibility come into question. Now that that's out of the way..

I read the article and wasn't impressed, unfortunately. The amount of mental gymnastics one has to do to reconcile the two ideas is staggering. On a personal level, you can certainly come up with some sort of agreement with yourself to justify there being science in the Bible. I don't know how you'd live with that cognitive dissonance, but that's certainly up to you.

Asserting that scientific accuracy is found in the Bible or any other holy text presents a number of issues:

1. The Bible was not intended to document scientific observations, but to spread the word of God, and there is no indication that the former is true.

2. If the Bible depends on scientific observations for value, that value could easily be detracted when errors are found, and those are plentiful.

3. Claiming the Bible is scientifically accurate gives a free pass to any other religious text that makes the same claims.

Claims that there is science in holy books is as valid as saying Nostradamus' predictions are true. It is the act of taking an arrow and drawing a bulls-eye around it, which is that this article based its findings on.

Simply put, it's retroactive shoehorning.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy Wife View Post
    That second sentence is like nails on a chalkboard, so let me begin with that. Science does not require 'belief'. Science is based on the aggregation of observations in the natural world and it is not biased or partial to any ideology, or at least not on purpose. It is the act of posing queries and verifying their veracity. Anyone equipped to do so can verify claims by other scientists should their credibility come into question. Now that that's out of the way..

I read the article and wasn't impressed, unfortunately. The amount of mental gymnastics one has to do to reconcile the two ideas is staggering. On a personal level, you can certainly come up with some sort of agreement with yourself to justify there being science in the Bible. I don't know how you'd live with that cognitive dissonance, but that's certainly up to you.

Asserting that scientific accuracy is found in the Bible or any other holy text presents a number of issues:

1. The Bible was not intended to document scientific observations, but to spread the word of God, and there is no indication that the former is true.

2. If the Bible depends on scientific observations for value, that value could easily be detracted when errors are found, and those are plentiful.

3. Claiming the Bible is scientifically accurate gives a free pass to any other religious text that makes the same claims.

Claims that there is science in holy books is as valid as saying Nostradamus' predictions are true. It is the act of taking an arrow and drawing a bulls-eye around it, which is that this article based its findings on.

Simply put, it's retroactive shoehorning.
    Oh hai, Ethereal's ALT account . didn't see you there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDUDE View Post
    Oh hai, Ethereal's ALT account . didn't see you there.
    That's not my alt account moron..I rarely use that much effort since this place is filled with idiots.
    No need to use the fine china whilst dining with paupers.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

That's not my alt account moron..I rarely use that much effort since this place is filled with idiots.
    No need to use the fine china whilst dining with paupers.
    So you're admitting to be an complete idiot when claiming that I'm this "Visible" That you know I clearly am not?

Thank God, finally some sense has appeared in you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast