Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What programs do they use to Create CA?

I know there are a ton of programs but which ones do they use.

and What Experience do you need to create for Ex. scripting etc. etc.

EDIT: I want to know cause i wanmt to make a huge project and make a FPS, and fpscreator.com Me and my friend might use this to make one. Anyotjher suggestions

Thanks
    they programmed it with c++........ and you will need a ton of experience

Thanks
    my guess is c++ since it is one of the most powerful program language.. yea like killthekampers said u need A LOT of experience most likely have to go to school for it / read tutorials online

Thanks
    Yeah, probably you have to get in college/university/ to learn it, im really not sure. I think they coded it with C++ Though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Rofl you guys are noob, with c++ you can only make games like pinball E.C.T 70-80's games
    In order to make a game like nexons combat arms, you need to have knowloage in multiple language, i have no idea if it is possible to make a game like combat arms with c++, but i guarantee that you have have shit graphics, I think they do have SOME, very little but some C++, You can see that has in the mountains in snow Vally, and even maby with 3d vision (Program) and c++ they can make a few pipes E.C.T, but the weapons must of been with 3D Vision, its so obvious when you know how to use it, because of the angles E.C.T

But you need more than 2 people to make a a game like nexon, you need at least 10 people + one person who knows about every language, not much, but has to know

Thanks
    FPSCreator X10 'zomg', but really, that program is awesome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxotica View Post
    FPSCreator X10 'zomg', but really, that program is awesome.
    My friend is 19 And he knows a ton of differentr type of languages, and IM sure he could ask his friend who went to college for Coding.

I am thinking of using fps creator to make a game for some friends to LAN wiht

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    Rofl you guys are noob, with c++ you can only make games like pinball E.C.T 70-80's games
    In order to make a game like nexons combat arms, you need to have knowloage in multiple language, i have no idea if it is possible to make a game like combat arms with c++, but i guarantee that you have have shit graphics, I think they do have SOME, very little but some C++, You can see that has in the mountains in snow Vally, and even maby with 3d vision (Program) and c++ they can make a few pipes E.C.T, but the weapons must of been with 3D Vision, its so obvious when you know how to use it, because of the angles E.C.T

But you need more than 2 people to make a a game like nexon, you need at least 10 people + one person who knows about every language, not much, but has to know
    One simple question: What the hell are you talking about?

First of all, it's not C++ that makes the graphics "shitty". The graphics are determined in part by the power of your GPU (Graphic Processing Unit (or graphic card...)) and by the details of the models and environment. Models are your body, your weapons, even some misc. items in the game can be considered models. And the environment is the map, the light, the shadow, the effects, movable objects...

Now secondly, the models and environment (which together are your graphics and that are put in use by a graphic engine) are made with other programs. Because those other programs are much more powerful for graphic design. BUT, in general the rest of the game is made with C++. You just integrate your models, your environment and your media (sounds, videos) to your C++ project. C++ will basically make the game run... Meaning that it will make the models and the environment react with a given action. For example, when you run in CA, you press 'Shift' to do it. Now, in C++ you can determine that when the user presses 'Shift', the player runs.

(The engine is really the BIG part of the game). Mostly coded in C++, but more and more programmers start coding it in python, simply because what would take 40 lines of code in C++ would take 6 in python.

And of course, it's way longer than just that... That is just an overview of the whole thing.

Thanks
    i dont know wut they use... just saying good luck on making it =D

Goals:

20 posts [X]

50 posts [X]

150 posts [ ]

300 posts [ ]

500 posts [ ]

1000 posts [ ]

Be called a haxer in Combat Armz [X]

Be called a haxer in Crossfire [X]

Be called a haxer in Soldier Front [X]

Be called a hacker in Blackshot [ ]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahell View Post
    One simple question: What the hell are you talking about?

First of all, it's not C++ that makes the graphics "shitty". The graphics are determined in part by the power of your GPU (Graphic Processing Unit (or graphic card...)) and by the details of the models and environment. Models are your body, your weapons, even some misc. items in the game can be considered models. And the environment is the map, the light, the shadow, the effects, movable objects...

Now secondly, the models and environment (which together are your graphics and that are put in use by a graphic engine) are made with other programs. Because those other programs are much more powerful for graphic design. BUT, in general the rest of the game is made with C++. You just integrate your models, your environment and your media (sounds, videos) to your C++ project. C++ will basically make the game run... Meaning that it will make the models and the environment react with a given action. For example, when you run in CA, you press 'Shift' to do it. Now, in C++ you can determine that when the user presses 'Shift', the player runs.

(The engine is really the BIG part of the game). Mostly coded in C++, but more and more programmers start coding it in python, simply because what would take 40 lines of code in C++ would take 6 in python.

And of course, it's way longer than just that... That is just an overview of the whole thing.

how do you choobs and newbs know all this, lmao i dont understand a single word

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by assason99 View Post
    how do you choobs and newbs know all this, lmao i dont understand a single word
    Lol. Well, usually I explain stuff in-depth, but I really didn't want to do it for this post since it would have taken too long.

Although, "Choob" is only a title relied to your post count. It doesn't mean much. I could be a "Choob" and know more than anyone here as I can be a "Choob" and know nothing. Don't judge people by their title, but by what they know and give to the community.

I know a bit of C++... And when I say "bit", trust me, it's very small. I know VB (Visual Basic) which I am not very proud of... But lets not turn this into Microsoft Hate Thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post

Idiot of the Year Award goes to this guy.
    c++ is the CODING. It has nothing to do with gfx.

Thanks
    They used C++ to build the game engine probably.
    Maya or 3dsmax to build the models, I'm thinking Maya.
    As fast as they bring out new levels, I'm sure their coding
    team developed a custom game editor.

The engine isnt that great... but what can you expect
    for a free game. Do you know how much it costs to license
    a game engine like Unreal Engine 3, Cry engine, Frostbite,
    etc. that use Shader Model 2.0 and up (Normal Maps, HDRI Lighting, etc.)????
    Between $100,000 to $600,000 USD.

Why would Nexon spend 600k to license the Unreal 3 Engine
    for a game they're not making money on?
    Thats why the graphics arent that great.
    Its a lower quality custom engine.
    But hey... its free... its a great game. So why complain?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo3d View Post
    They used C++ to build the game engine probably.
    Maya or 3dsmax to build the models, I'm thinking Maya.
    As fast as they bring out new levels, I'm sure their coding
    team developed a custom game editor.

The engine isnt that great... but what can you expect
    for a free game. Do you know how much it costs to license
    a game engine like Unreal Engine 3, Cry engine, Frostbite,
    etc. that use Shader Model 2.0 and up (Normal Maps, HDRI Lighting, etc.)????
    Between $100,000 to $600,000 USD.

Why would Nexon spend 600k to license the Unreal 3 Engine
    for a game they're not making money on?
    Thats why the graphics arent that great.
    Its a lower quality custom engine.
    But hey... its free... its a great game. So why complain?

Free game americas Army ;P ~~~~

ah??????

Thanks
    Most games these days DO NOT use C++ as their main Engine.
    Instead, they use C++ to create their own language; called Native Code.
    Last edited by Iwin; 08-26-2008 at 12:57 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Iwin For This Useful Post:

mastahell (08-26-2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast