DONT HAVE SLEAZY LAZY MONEY HOGS LIKE ACTIVISION RUINING GOOD GAMES

ea does a good job at being fair with its cutomers
    Makes perfect sense because they made BF3 as well

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkie7 For This Useful Post:

CO-Op (06-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I was so excited for MW3, but now, I don't know...
    Well, looks like it's back to Battlefield.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I Was looking on youtube this morning, turns out that the elite is free, you can sign up for a beta now, Call of Duty®: Elite

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden. View Post
    I Was looking on youtube this morning, turns out that the elite is free, you can sign up for a beta now, Call of Duty®: Elite
    It's a hook for us fishes.... I HOPE ACTIVISION STOPS BEING GREEDY AND STARTS LISTENING TO COMMUNITY

Quote Originally Posted by homesick1337 View Post

Im going to buy BF3 straight away, and then wait for a mw3 aIW. Free mw3, free dlc, no gay subscription. win-win.
    This is what AlterIWnet says:

"Just a tiny reminder for those of you who think that we will be doing things to Modern Warfare 3 once it's released - we *might*. We don't have any obligation to release every CoD game, and (even though recent rumors say otherwise) MW3 might actually be a proper (that is 'BO-style') PC game.

Again, aIW was started as a coincidence, and we again make no promises about releasing 'aIW' for MW3. However, if the quote below is correct, if we do decide to develop on MW3, it should be possible quite easily due to already having DemonWare research completed - we just like to keep the possibility available; and again, the game is not released yet. Unlike with 'alterOps', we are only going to announce a 'modified' version of MW3 once we are 100% sure one will be released in time.

I hope you refrain from posting topics about 'omg do MW3'..."
    Last edited by ttdpmg; 06-01-2011 at 03:20 PM.

= YES = NO
    300 Posts
    500 Posts
    800 Posts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Fuck you Activision.
    I Am on this site for the mods for mw2 ONLY. Not hacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ttdpmg View Post
    It's a hook for us fishes.... I HOPE ACTIVISION STOPS BEING GREEDY AND STARTS LISTENING TO COMMUNITY

This is what AlterIWnet says:

"Just a tiny reminder for those of you who think that we will be doing things to Modern Warfare 3 once it's released - we *might*. We don't have any obligation to release every CoD game, and (even though recent rumors say otherwise) MW3 might actually be a proper (that is 'BO-style') PC game.

Again, aIW was started as a coincidence, and we again make no promises about releasing 'aIW' for MW3. However, if the quote below is correct, if we do decide to develop on MW3, it should be possible quite easily due to already having DemonWare research completed - we just like to keep the possibility available; and again, the game is not released yet. Unlike with 'alterOps', we are only going to announce a 'modified' version of MW3 once we are 100% sure one will be released in time.

I hope you refrain from posting topics about 'omg do MW3'..."
    theyll release it, i know they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden. View Post
    beta = demo.

the real thing is a subscription, most likely 6-8$

Quote Originally Posted by pingpongmaster2 View Post
    I was so excited for MW3, but now, I don't know...
    Well, looks like it's back to Battlefield.
    Same same. bf3 ftw. bfbc3 ftwftw.
    Last edited by Jakob; 06-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    you can still buy the dlc if you dont buy elite, but if you have elite you dont have to pay extra and there are rumors tat those who have elite will get it like a week early or something, anyway fuck Activision and whats left of IW they should have stopped at 4 and didn't cause they know most gamers are ignorant fucks who will pay 60 usd a year for the same game with a new skin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    You do NOT have to pay for ELITE if you want dlc, ELITE comes with dlc so if you pay for ELITE you don't have to buy the dlc because you already have it, but even if you don't pay for ELITE you can still buy the map packs. Please read the twitter posts more carefully.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by drakesajin View Post
    You do NOT have to pay for ELITE if you want dlc, ELITE comes with dlc so if you pay for ELITE you don't have to buy the dlc because you already have it, but even if you don't pay for ELITE you can still buy the map packs. Please read the twitter posts more carefully.
    this info wasnt around at the time of my post.

@Toobanooba Can close to prevent flame. i tryed to inform these guys, obviously twitter does it better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by homesick1337 View Post
    So guys, as some of you may already know, MW3 will have the new "cod elite subscription".
    You will have to pay an unannounced amount each month if you want Map packs and/or a free secret website that features Theater Mode.
    The amount will be anywhere between 3-8 dollars american.

No, you cannot buy the dlc for $15, if you want it, you HAVE to buy this subsicrption and pay each and every month.

I personally think this is yet another way Actovision trys to steal our money, and think BF3 will win over mw3 for this and many reasons.

@Toobanooba sticky this or just add this info to one of the stickys please.

Offical source:
    'Call of Duty' Targets a Monthly Fee - WSJ.com

Actually some of that stuff is not true..

Cod elite is program with monthly subscibion fee that will include information/theather/trackings of you on cod:bo and mw3.

But you do not need to have it to buy DLC.. (source: Twitter)

oh yeah, btw: Call of Duty®: Elite

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    this is fake i think, otherwise they it will be a crap game :/

Leader of BlaZe!

----------------------------------->I'm Gonne Snipe you Down!<----------------------------------

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    @Toobanooba

Elite member players will get access to all the Modern Warfare 3 DLC.

“I’m very happy to tell you that an Elite membership will be an all-inclusive membership,” said Jamie Berger, Activision’s VP of Digital. “That means that it’s going to provide full access to all Modern Warfare 3 DLC as part of the membership.”

Such a purchase – which is still unpriced – would also grant access to a “full suite of services year-round and beyond Modern Warfare 3.”

Berger re-iterates that there’s no charge beyond the price of game for just playing online. “Call of Duty does not and will not charge for multiplayer,” he said, “and that is our continued commitment to our players.”

“Additionally if you’re the type of guy who just likes buying map packs on their own, that’s not a problem,” Berger added. “We’re going to continue to offer map packs for Modern Warfare 3 a la carte as a continued option for our players.”

TLDR? Map packs are going to be part of the elite subscription or you can buy them separately if you only want the maps.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    This is so fucking gay.
    They should go back to normal DLC maps, or else, their rivals would win

Thanks
    /closed added new info to the news thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12