Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Exclamation Do we need to start protecting MPGH because of nexon has a spy?

I say that we should start protecting MPGH because of the spy or whatever but some of the people on nexon forums are commited to banning hackers...So what do you think we should do?
    Best Song (Thrusday)Ripped-off by Friday >_>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    You can't really monitor for spies. They could be anyone. Could be me for all you know.
    WOOT! 666 posts

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    If there are actually nexon spies here, how is mpgh going to catch them?
    Nobody knows who works for nexon and who don't

Thanks
    I wish we could've but I think my account got banned already

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Well there is a project currently in limbo which is focused on this very thing.. I am thinking I might like to pick up the project but would probably want a partner... And I doubt it would be completely free because I would host the server app on a VPS which would need to be paid for.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    Moved .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Well there is a project currently in limbo which is focused on this very thing.. I am thinking I might like to pick up the project but would probably want a partner... And I doubt it would be completely free because I would host the server app on a VPS which would need to be paid for.
    Of course this subject always brings up the argument about requirements for "Trusted".

In my opinion I don't see anything wrong with things being protected if It's done right.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I say we commit ourselves to finding those trying to get us banned, and frame them into getting banned D:

Aw. 667 posts now >.<

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by car199889 View Post
    If there are actually nexon spies here, how is mpgh going to catch them?
    Nobody knows who works for nexon and who don't
    If there are they are most likely just an account with 0 posts lol, I doubt anyone working with Nexon would bother to post on MPGH. And they don't even need an account to see threads

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Karleo View Post
    Of course this subject always brings up the argument about requirements for "Trusted".

In my opinion I don't see anything wrong with things being protected if It's done right.
    Well if it was ran by me I could tell you that the quota would not be based on Titles/Post Counts/Thanks/Thanked or any of those types of things alone. For something like this you need to go deeper then that with an application process and other things.

You want to try keeping spies out, yet you don't want to overly limit the amount of users it has or it will just be a worthless project.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Fo sho' right? After the item creation details was released, it only took about an hour or so for the servers to be brought down. And that was after multiple tickets were submitted on the issue a week beforehand.

So you know Nexon reads these forums, key is though, how do you limit the amount of people//choose the right people?

And then there's always going to be the people complaining about exclusivity... etc, etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyflex View Post
    I say that we should start protecting MPGH because of the spy or whatever but some of the people on nexon forums are commited to banning hackers...So what do you think we should do?
    I think i found a spy here why would we have to tell ya what we'll do to avoid spies like ya

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by breakg View Post
    I think i found a spy here why would we have to tell ya what we'll do to avoid spies like ya
    Why would he be a spy AND contribute to this site as well as hack at the same time :0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Even with VIP access or something like that... let's say a VIP membership requires... dunno... $10, don't you think Nexon would GADLY pay that fee to still have access to the hacks?

Companies ALWAYS find ways to still have access to sites like this...

I'm not trying to discourage you guys but, if there is some kind of restricted access feature to be implemented in the future... I think it must be kept confidential until the very last moment and even then might be important that it is passed along through PM's for instance.

Legit is overrated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by qtimporta View Post
    Even with VIP access or something like that... let's say a VIP membership requires... dunno... $10, don't you think Nexon would GADLY pay that fee to still have access to the hacks?

Companies ALWAYS find ways to still have access to sites like this...

I'm not trying to discourage you guys but, if there is some kind of restricted access feature to be implemented in the future... I think it must be kept confidential until the very last moment and even then might be important that it is passed along through PM's for instance.
    Thats the idea I'm trying to push.. Not having one type of filtering only, but multiple types of filter.. Sure they will pay 10$ a month.. But will they also do all the other required things as well.. (not openly defined but I have many ideas).
    PLAYING RIFT!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast