Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Muslims vs. Reality

Ok now for starters here are some disclaimers.
    The Quran/Islam are not responsible for any actions by Muslims. Only those who wrote the Quran, and those who followed it are responsible for the actions taken. What Islam has brought upon the world is only due to its creator and its followers, the actual religion "Islam" can't take any blame anyway because it isn't a sentient being, so no actions could be taken.

Starting...

1. Most of the Muslims here, well I'm pretty sure all of them, do not live in the middle east, nor have they ever lived there for any extended length of time. When you talk about muslims, they think the 5% of muslims who live in the western world. Which in all honesty, is right for them to do, since personal experience has more impact on their opinions.

2. The majority of Muslims live in the middle east. Something like 90% of the muslim population is in third world countries, and most of it is spread in the middle east. In those third world countries, almost if not severely close to all of the population are muslim.
    File:World Muslim Population Pew Forum.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ----------------------------------------------

Now when people talk about muslims, they are not talking about your token muslim in your class. They are not talking about the minority population in your city.

They are talking about the middle east and muslim culture.

You see, muslim culture in the middle east, is in the most basic sense: FUCKED UP.

As we have posted, and pretty much everyone can agree, the middle east, and the countries with over 90% majority muslim population, do crazy shit all the time. From stoning, to mutilation, to just outright killing the victims of a crime, there is always some insane shit going down.
    --------------------------------------------

Now this is my point.

Muslims(or rather muslim culture), for the majority:

Abuses women, has really unfair laws and justification of crimes committed against others.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    I'd like to see proof of the crime against women. Videos, etc.
    Nvm, I saw RJ's thread.

Wouldn't it be the Muslim government's guilt for committing these stuff? Not the culture?
    Last edited by Parade; 06-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I'd say the main reasons things are as they are is that a large part of those countries are blatantly corrupt.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 187pig For This Useful Post:

lies' (06-11-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paramount View Post

Wouldn't it be the Muslim government's guilt for committing these stuff? Not the culture?
    Unfortunately, a lot of the time these are the same thing. They do not have a separation of religion and government.

Trust me, I understand where they're coming from when they defend their religion, but at the same time, you have lesser minded people(mostly 3rd world countries) preforming these extreme views. And because of this it brings there very belief into question.

Now, at the same time, every religion can be torn down with facts, but this is where faith comes into play.

Faith means you believe in something regardless of what we've come to know as factual. You can see how this can bend the views of people. To believe in something with no proof of it's existence is an extremely powerful thing. That accompanied with human beings tendency to be violent can be volatile.

END THE FED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RJ For This Useful Post:

nikazizi97 (02-23-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Gov, laws, and such are directly related to Islam.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Abuses women, has really unfair laws and justification of crimes committed against others.[/COLOR]
    Because of corruption? These countries are not well developed.
    You just need to know that the Islam doesn't promote any of their actions.

You got Muslims who do horrible things, aswell as other religious people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of the time these are the same thing. They do not have a separation of religion and government.
    Just like Christianity (homosexuality) and the U.S. government?
    Now I myself don't know much about the religion of Islam, but aren't Islam's beliefs are humane and considerate?
    Last edited by Parade; 06-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post
    Because of corruption? These countries are not well developed.
    You just need to know that the Islam doesn't promote any of their actions.

You got Muslims who do horrible things, aswell as other religious people.
    Islam does actually. You see, when 90% of muslims agrees with these actions, Islam by majority, does.

Quote Originally Posted by Paramount View Post
    Just like Christianity (homosexuality) and the U.S. government?
    Now I myself don't know much about the religion of Islam, but aren't Islam's beliefs are humane and considerate?
    Uh.....you wanna check out Islamic vs. homosexuality? I believe they outright kill gays. The US doesn't let them have marital benifits lol. Totally different scale.