Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Again you are trying to change he subject to keep the argument going. Your claimed Muslims giving Zakat would eradicate poverty, I showed that it is not the case.
    I'm not trying to change the subject. I'm trying to find out if you understand what poverty is and how it's relative to the economic state of the country.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I'm not trying to change the subject. I'm trying to find out if you understand what poverty is and how it's relative to the economic state of the country.
    An 8 year old knows that; poverty is being very poor. Lots of people in poverty = bad for the economy. No money for people to spend to keep businesses going etc.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    An 8 year old knows that; poverty is being very poor. Lots of people in poverty = bad for the economy. No money for people to spend to keep businesses going etc.
    But do you understand that $2 is a different amount of money in different places?

I can buy more or less with that depending upon where I live.

Do you understand this?

Thanks

But do you understand that $2 is a different amount of money in different places?

I can buy more or less with that depending upon where I live.

Do you understand this?
    Well obviously. But it still doesn't mean people aren't in poverty because they can buy a few more apples.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well obviously. But it still doesn't mean people aren't in poverty because they can buy a few more apples.
    But you do understand that saying someone is in poverty because they make less money, isn't correct?

Thanks

But you do understand that saying someone is in poverty because they make less money, isn't correct?
    Obviously and I never said such a thing. I used an organisation's statistics that tries to tackle poverty:

Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty, that's less than $1.25 a day. 2. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...global-poverty

I didn't say they are poverty because they make less money. You changed the subject because of you were wrong about claiming all Muslims giving zakat, would almost eradicate poverty.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Obviously and I never said such a thing. I used an organisation's statistics that tries to tackle poverty:

Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty, that's less than $1.25 a day. 2. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...global-poverty

I didn't say they are poverty because they make less money. You changed the subject because of you were wrong about claiming all Muslims giving zakat, would almost eradicate poverty.
    Yes but do you understand that $2.15 a day in a country where the economy is a thousand times smaller, is a different amount of income?

Because you still do not understand relativity from what you just posted.

Thanks

Yes but do you understand that $2.15 a day in a country where the economy is a thousand times smaller, is a different amount of income?

Because you still do not understand relativity from what you just posted.
    Yes obviously, but that doesn't mean they are no longer in poverty. With that logic, poor people in poverty in the west with only $2.15 will be out of poverty because they travelled to a third world country.

Back to the point. All Muslims giving Zakat would not eradicate poverty, you were wrong.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Yes obviously, but that doesn't mean they are no longer in poverty. With that logic, poor people in poverty in the west with only $2.15 will be out of poverty because they travelled to a third world country.

Back to the point. All Muslims giving Zakat would not eradicate poverty, you were wrong.
    They actually would be out of the poverty level. Do you know nothing about currency transfer?

I said practically* eradicate poverty. And in their domestic countries, it would.

Thanks

They actually would be out of the poverty level. Do you know nothing about currency transfer?

I said practically* eradicate poverty. And in their domestic countries, it would.
    They wouldn't be out of the poverty level and poverty wouldn't be eradicated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    They wouldn't be out of the poverty level and poverty wouldn't be eradicated.
    practically eradicated. And yes, they would.

If you had a whole country give their wealth to the poor, the real poor, and it was utilized correctly, your poverty would be almost gone.

It's kind of like world hunger. It's easy enough to solve a good portion of it with not that much money, but people don't care enough.

Thanks

practically eradicated. And yes, they would.

If you had a whole country give their wealth to the poor, the real poor, and it was utilized correctly, your poverty would be almost gone.

It's kind of like world hunger. It's easy enough to solve a good portion of it with not that much money, but people don't care enough.
    In the UK 34% of households have savings less than £250: https://www.newsroom.hsbc.co.uk/press...holds_would_no
    And the UK is considered as one of the better off countries. 2.5% of £250 is £6.50, that is not going to be enough to help 1 person in poverty for a whole year. Remember Zakat is only given once a year. Also remember that the majority of Muslims live in third world countries not in the UK.

Every single Muslim giving Zakat will not abolish poverty. What will abolish poverty is the super rich giving Zakat. 50% of the worlds poorest people have less than 1% of the worlds wealth, 1% of the worlds richest people have more than 40% of the worlds wealth. A lot of Muslims are in the poor percentage, so them giving Zakat would not help much in abolishing poverty.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    In the UK 34% of households have savings less than £250: https://www.newsroom.hsbc.co.uk/press...holds_would_no
    And the UK is considered as one of the better off countries. 2.5% of £250 is £6.50, that is not going to be enough to help 1 person in poverty for a whole year. Remember Zakat is only given once a year. Also remember that the majority of Muslims live in third world countries not in the UK.

Every single Muslim giving Zakat will not abolish poverty. What will abolish poverty is the super rich giving Zakat. 50% of the worlds poorest people have less than 1% of the worlds wealth, 1% of the worlds richest people have more than 40% of the worlds wealth. A lot of Muslims are in the poor percentage, so them giving Zakat would not help much in abolishing poverty.
    Do you generally just pull statistics out of your ass, or is this a "case by case" basis?

Thanks

Do you generally just pull statistics out of your ass, or is this a "case by case" basis?
    Great counter argument and acknowledging what I said.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Great counter argument and acknowledging what I said.
    Well I've already wasted 5+ post explaining simple currency exchange to you. I'm not really interested in explaining how bad that article is.

"The sur vey of over 1,000 UK households"

Lolwut.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast