Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Kinda like comparing Torchlight or Magicka to Diablo 2. They aren't the same sub-genre. Battlefield 3 is a Tactical FPS and MW3 is an Arcade FPS. Setting has nothing to do with genre.
    If you were to place all games in such a comparable basis, there'd barely be any comparison between any games. Name a game comparable to battlefield. That's like saying terraria and minecraft aren't comparable just because one's 3d and the other isn't.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post

If you were to place all games in such a comparable basis, there'd barely be any comparison between any games. Name a game comparable to battlefield. That's like saying terraria and minecraft aren't comparable just because one's 3d and the other isn't.
    Terraria and Minecraft aren't comparable. You can't compare apples with oranges just because they're both fruit.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    This threat is kinda useless exept the IMG's, because if you post a thing about BF3 here everyone chooses for BF3, and the same with COD MW3!

MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Terraria and Minecraft aren't comparable. You can't compare apples with oranges just because they're both fruit.
    If that were true, the comparable basis of everything in the world wouldn't count. "You can't compare Obama and Bush because Obama's black and Bush is white." <- Completely retarded shit that you're talking about.

It seems as though for anything to be compared with you, it has to be the complete same as the other. Both sides have several comparable bases. As long as they're close enough to belong in the same genre, they're comparable. Not play style, none of that. There's a reason we have genres. It's not just a clusterfuck of games that you can't compare with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDutchTutorial View Post
    This threat is kinda useless exept the IMG's, because if you post a thing about BF3 here everyone chooses for BF3, and the same with COD MW3!
    That's the point

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

If that were true, the comparable basis of everything in the world wouldn't count. "You can't compare Obama and Bush because Obama's black and Bush is white." <- Completely retarded shit that you're talking about.

It seems as though for anything to be compared with you, it has to be the complete same as the other. Both sides have several comparable bases. As long as they're close enough to belong in the same genre, they're comparable. Not play style, none of that. There's a reason we have genres. It's not just a clusterfuck of games that you can't compare with anything.

That's the point
    Alrighty then I'll just compare those two games with arma 2 and blow them both out of the water. Why not americas army while I'm at it, oh whats that? Homefront wants a pitch as well?

When developers themselves say that they are targeting different audiences then no you cannot compare them. Sure you can have a preference of the two, but you can't make direct comparisons when the developers intentions are to make them two entirely different games. There are reasons why there are differences in gameplay and in graphics.

Obviously you aren't understanding my point if you're going to just throw around analogies with no thought.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Alrighty then I'll just compare those two games with arma 2 and blow them both out of the water. Why not americas army while I'm at it, oh whats that? Homefront wants a pitch as well?

When developers themselves say that they are targeting different audiences then no you cannot compare them. Sure you can have a preference of the two, but you can't make direct comparisons when the developers intentions are to make them two entirely different games. There are reasons why there are differences in gameplay and in graphics.

Obviously you aren't understanding my point if you're going to just throw around analogies with no thought.
    It's all in the same genre, so it's possible.

Target audiences have nothing to do with comparability. They make games to fit everyone's interest, increasing popularity, increasing sales. Comparability is all in the content. Intentions create the content. There are common intentions with their games. If they're within the guidelines of a genre, they have common intentions. Nobody compares with uncommon intentions. "Well CoD is better because it has killstreaks" <- Never heard that before. "Battlefield has more realistic gameplay, especially with the recoil on the guns and diversity." <- Actually makes sense.

And it's not without thought, as you can see.

Thanks
    this guy is so retarded he is tossing the ammo to the other guy, your looking at the bottom of the magazine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    It's called TeamWork

MPGH!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

It's all in the same genre, so it's possible.

Target audiences have nothing to do with comparability. They make games to fit everyone's interest, increasing popularity, increasing sales. Comparability is all in the content. Intentions create the content. There are common intentions with their games. If they're within the guidelines of a genre, they have common intentions. Nobody compares with uncommon intentions. "Well CoD is better because it has killstreaks" <- Never heard that before. "Battlefield has more realistic gameplay, especially with the recoil on the guns and diversity." <- Actually makes sense.

And it's not without thought, as you can see.
    The Modern Warfare series was never meant to be realistic. It was meant to be fun and linear. Hence "arcade". The Modern Warfare series was never about graphics, it was about scripted events. Sure you can say B3 has more realistic gameplay and what not but you cannot say that is why Modern Warfare is a bad game. It just means you prefer realism.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by jfed View Post
    this guy is so retarded he is tossing the ammo to the other guy, your looking at the bottom of the magazine
    You are retarded, because when you watch the trailer, you can see that you can see the top and bottom. No-where are bullets.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

The Modern Warfare series was never meant to be realistic. It was meant to be fun and linear. Hence "arcade". The Modern Warfare series was never about graphics, it was about scripted events. Sure you can say B3 has more realistic gameplay and what not but you cannot say that is why Modern Warfare is a bad game. It just means you prefer realism.
    Did I ever say any of that?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Did I ever say any of that?
    No but this thread is
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    the thing about battle field 3 you can do so much more you get classes you can drive Cars, Helicopter's Tanks and all of that fun stuff. Plus CoD went over board on the part with the OP kill streaks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalPencil View Post
    the thing about battle field 3 you can do so much more you get classes you can drive Cars, Helicopter's Tanks and all of that fun stuff. Plus CoD went over board on the part with the OP kill streaks.
    Kinda lol'd at classes.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    Well im all Halo over here!!!....wait i shouldn't have said that

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast