Thanks

Karok Update: What works, what doesn't (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST HOLY SHIT)

Getting really tired of telling people what's working so just going to make a tutorial. To everyone who keeps saying "oh but mine works," it doesn't. Shut up and read this info first before you post false information that misleads people.

First of all let's go over the basic terminologies:

Console - These are programs that allow you to tap into the game client and directly input commands that can affect the game in some way, such as permanently binding the key "=" to god mode. An example is Hell Demon's console

Commands - HERP DERP. Commands can include anything from setting gravity, to spawning items (RIP), to god mode, to increasing move speed (doesn't work anymore), to changing secondary weapons, etc. Only SOME commands are only available to the game client. The command list is usually found in the Hacks section.

The current list: Command list Karok - Pastebin.com

Binds - Binds allow you to map keys to certain commands, this is typically done to the config_preset_common.cfg.comp file in FAC6B533E4D245CE8B9A67DB1472B2B98F3F54FA.hfs via HFS editing or through the console.

HFS - These files are located in your Vindictus\en-US\hfs directory. These files dictate a large portion of your game environment, such as boss HP values, motion times, damage ratio of attacks, buff duration, potion healing amount, SP requirements, etc. This was done with VZipFlip and hfssign.

Now, what still works?
    Console commands, sans the ones listed in the OP of this thread - https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...ist-karok.html

Read the thread. Your "map skipping hack" still works because it's a console command that has been bounded to your configuration file. It still works because the config file has not been overwritten yet (and will not be refreshed until you go into Options menu in game).

So... what doesn't work?
    HFS modding - This includes monster HP, buffs edits such as giving yourself permanent DK mode, damage formulas, unlimited stamina regen, bomb range+damage, motion editing that includes allowing instant item pickup or making emotes give super buffs, visual modding such as turning Evie magic bolts into glas bolts.

We ALREADY KNOW this to not work prior to this patch because it's what happened to KR. Trying to use VZipFlip to convert any hfs will cause an error 36. This means that VZipFlip needs to be updated if any more HFS modding is to happen (don't hold your breath on this).

So... what can I do?
    If you actually read this whole thing and understood everything, then nothing, because (hopefully) you now know the difference when someone says that HFSes don't work and don't go bragging about how your shit still works. I would also appreciate people not spamming the forums with "why my hacks not work??" threads, we already have an assload of those, we know it doesn't work.
    Last edited by khorik; 06-17-2011 at 05:01 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khorik For This Useful Post:

arttioz (10-26-2011),Corntoast (06-17-2011),Knocker12 (06-18-2011),moarsi (06-19-2011),qasim971 (06-22-2011),roylytammy (06-17-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by khorik View Post

So... what can I do?
    If you actually read this whole thing and understood everything, then nothing, because (hopefully) you now know the difference when someone says that HFSes don't work and don't go bragging about how your shit still works. I would also appreciate people not spamming the forums with "why my hacks not work??" threads, we already have an assload of those, we know it doesn't work.
    The part saying you can do nothing isn't true. D:
    More helpful to say: "Get off your asses and help discover a way to get HFS files working."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pie For This Useful Post:

murfa (06-16-2011)

Thanks
    "buddha" - char takes damage but does not die. - in other words god mode, found it on the new karok list, i however do not own hell demon's private console to test it out, any1 wants to give this a try and tell me if it works?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    "buddha" - char takes damage but does not die. - in other words god mode, found it on the new karok list, i however do not own hell demon's private console to test it out, any1 wants to give this a try and tell me if it works?
    That command was discovered last patch, but never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePie550 View Post
    The part saying you can do nothing isn't true. D:
    More helpful to say: "Get off your asses and help discover a way to get HFS files working."
    I wouldn't be expecting people who confuse HFS editing and console to be helping with cracking the new encryption algorithm It's possible, but I'm a skeptic.
    Last edited by khorik; 06-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    This command is old. Very old. Well, just like hurtme it doesnt work, i guess because the players health isnt controlled by the player hosting a battle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khorik View Post
    So... what doesn't work?
    HFS modding - changing the default inner armor into NX inner and more.
    It does work.
    Last edited by kiraboshi; 06-17-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by kiraboshi View Post
    You are wrong about that. It does work, just need to update the new good stuff lite which is already out.
    hmm...if that works then mind sharing the link so everyone can get it?

Thanks
    Hi. I am the author of Good Stuff Lite. Due to issues with this community, I request you do not post or link to my work on this forum. There have already been discussions about this. It is easy enough to find, anyways.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkbox View Post
    Hi. I am the author of Good Stuff Lite. Due to issues with this community, I request you do not post or link to my work on this forum. There have already been discussions about this. It is easy enough to find, anyways.
    Okay since you made it you have the right to tell people not to link.
    But could you at least tell what's the latest version?

Thanks
    Latest is v1.004

If you read the previous posts about this, you can see that this has little interest to the people on this forum.
    Last edited by Checkbox; 06-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    so basicaly the vindictus section of the forum is dead....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman405 View Post
    Eh not really.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman405 View Post
    Dont think so oO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Oh yeah you got me spamming too so it's far from dead

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiraboshi View Post
    You are wrong about that. It does work, just need to update the new good stuff lite which is already out.
    Thanks for the update, I'll edit the main post to reflect this change.