Thanks

Some Newbie Questions

I've read through some tutorials, but they haven't answered these questions.

1) The worthwhile hacks all seem to be .hfs based. Exactly what is .hfs, and why does it work? Is it because the game is designed to host the server from my end, and uses the .hfs as the rules, instead of using the default/Vindictus-server's rules?

1.1) If my intuition is right, and it uses my .hfs as the rules for the world, if I am the host, does the .hfs edits apply to everyone in my party? What happens if I'm not the host? Is it just default (presumably, assuming the party leader has default .hfs), or is it modified only for me?

2) What are the detection rate / method? How extreme can I go with the .hfs edits (from simply doubling damage done, to one-shot kills, doing dungeons as its designed to spawning bosses all over the place, etc), without causing obvious red flags?

3) I want to pretty much level quick. So, following the basic tutorial, I can change the .hfs to "one hit kills", correct? And just go through the instance as normal and just one-hit all the way?

4) I can see that because of the new patch yesterday (or today morning, however you want to view it), these .hfs edits are out of commission for now. When programmers figure out the new encryption / method to start hacking again, will the .hfs hacking be totally different? As in I can't just copy-and-paste step #3's "one hit kills", and have to wait for an updated version?

5) What is the point with the console commands? Do those commands actually give you the said item (for example the first code: fine spears) to keep *forever*? Or is it just temporary, for that specific dungeon?

Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Polandbear193 View Post
    I've read through some tutorials, but they haven't answered these questions.

1) The worthwhile hacks all seem to be .hfs based. Exactly what is .hfs, and why does it work? Is it because the game is designed to host the server from my end, and uses the .hfs as the rules, instead of using the default/Vindictus-server's rules?

1.1) If my intuition is right, and it uses my .hfs as the rules for the world, if I am the host, does the .hfs edits apply to everyone in my party? What happens if I'm not the host? Is it just default (presumably, assuming the party leader has default .hfs), or is it modified only for me?

2) What are the detection rate / method? How extreme can I go with the .hfs edits (from simply doubling damage done, to one-shot kills, doing dungeons as its designed to spawning bosses all over the place, etc), without causing obvious red flags?

3) I want to pretty much level quick. So, following the basic tutorial, I can change the .hfs to "one hit kills", correct? And just go through the instance as normal and just one-hit all the way?

4) I can see that because of the new patch yesterday (or today morning, however you want to view it), these .hfs edits are out of commission for now. When programmers figure out the new encryption / method to start hacking again, will the .hfs hacking be totally different? As in I can't just copy-and-paste step #3's "one hit kills", and have to wait for an updated version?

5) What is the point with the console commands? Do those commands actually give you the said item (for example the first code: fine spears) to keep *forever*? Or is it just temporary, for that specific dungeon?

Thank you!
    Let's start by saying you are a bit late. As of now .hfs modding no lomger works, but lets answer your questions.

1) .hfs files are located within your Vindictus folder. They cointain .cfg.comp files inside of them (like a .zip file). Each of those .cfg.comp files are used to "tell" the game how to behave (damage of skills, range of bombs, damage of secondary weapons, buffs, etc.). So if you are the host, you apply the rules, hence you can have 1-Hit KO's, Invincibility and stuff.

1.1)If you are the host your rules apply to everyone in your party. Hence the importance of hacking SOLO and making sure you click on the checkbox "Private (Invitation Only)" before you launch your boat. (After you do it for the first time, it will automatically be selected for every boat on until you restart the game or decide to uncheck it).

2) As long as you dont hack in public, you'd be safe. But with the new Leaderboard system, it is a bit harder. Now, you either wait a few minutes before killing the boss or you run non-RAID quests.

3) Yes, but again .hfs modding is no longer working. Unless you bind commands to your keys (or you had them prior to the update) or you are using HD's VIP console... it's a No Way Jose situation.

4) It might be the same or a bit different, we are all waiting to see what comes out.

5) No, you would have to enable the spears every time you change maps.

Hope I clarified your doubts.

Legit is overrated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to qtimporta For This Useful Post:

Polandbear193 (06-17-2011)

Thanks
    Thank you =).

Yes, I am late in the game, considering the patch quite literally hit 0-day. Oh wells...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thank you =).

Yes, I am late in the game, considering the patch quite literally hit 0-day. Oh wells...
    Will appreciate you clicking the THANK button on my post...

*EDIT: Oh, you did... nvm.

Legit is overrated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qtimporta View Post
    Will appreciate you clicking the THANK button on my post...

*EDIT: Oh, you did... nvm.
    lol I'm aware of the "Thank You" button. Hate it when people don't use it =P.

The newly released nunsole seems to work!

I binded a key to summon golden balls, and it summons them! =D

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    lol I'm aware of the "Thank You" button. Hate it when people don't use it =P.

The newly released nunsole seems to work!

I binded a key to summon golden balls, and it summons them! =D
    Congrats! I gotta test it myself. Still using remaining binds from pre-Karok times.

Legit is overrated.